Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

tring to increase speed and hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tring to increase speed and hp

is there anyway i can increase my speed and HP without supercharging, adding nitrous, putting in a turbo, or lightweighting my car?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

high compression pisons, a port and polish job,
Old 07-19-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: tring to increase speed and hp (01preludeSH)

read all motor threads there is all kinds of things you can do. cams, pistons, fuel pump, fuel injectors, blah blah blah ect....
Old 07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah..get a different car.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You've got a lot to learn.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: tring to increase speed and hp (The Phil)

Supercharger, oh wait...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: tring to increase speed and hp (sharkcohen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sharkcohen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Supercharger, oh wait...</TD></TR></TABLE>
So this?

http://pagead2.googlesyndicati...96173

Supercharge Any Prelude
Up to 35 HP for any Prelude. Only $69.95. Lifetime Warranty.

LOL, jk... stay away from that junk, decals would be more effective than that crap. However do click on the link to support H-T and find out what a joke it is so you can learn to stay away from stuff like that in your quest for HP. It's also a good idea to stay away from things that are cheap and on ebay (unless you know what you are doing on ebay and exactly what you want).

For real, start out with basic bolt-ons. If you don't mind the risk Cold Air Intake, otherwise Short Ram Air or modify you stock air box. Search for more information on all that.

Exhaust manifold (aka: header), high flow cat, full exhuast piping and muffler. I think 2.5" is recommended for N/A if you plan to do some more extensive work down the road.

You could free up some hp rotational loss with a light weight flywheel or under drive some pulleys (if you don't mind the results of the pulleys). I have a Prostreet 9.68 lb flywheel my self, almost feels stock. I can shift just fine and have some nice throttle response. Upgraded clutch will help you accelerate faster once/if you are good at driving manual.

Then maybe start doing some headwork... cams, port and polish, etc... as stated above. If you have a nice budget you can get into high compression pistons, rods, resleeving, maybe even stroking out the engine. I think Crower makes a kit that will let you go up to 2.5L. Of course you have to tune & dyno repeatedly for the stuff in this paragraph.

So if all this is done properly you will easily spend ~$10,000+ and that doesn't even cover all the expenses I can think of. If you really want true speed without nos, s/c, or turbo you may want to look into the CBR 600RR

Best thing to start out with, Helms manual (if you plan on doing any work on the car yourself), reading the stick FAQ, and searching/researching what you want/can do. I know its hard to get started without know what can be done and what things are called, the FAQ does a decent job of getting you started. Google should prove helpful to fill in the gaps
Old 07-20-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: tring to increase speed and hp (h8trix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h8trix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So if all this is done properly you will easily spend ~$10,000+ and that doesn't even cover all the expenses I can think of. If you really want true speed without nos, s/c, or turbo you may want to look into the CBR 600RR </TD></TR></TABLE>

CBR 600RR
Old 07-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01preludeSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there anyway i can increase my speed and HP without supercharging, adding nitrous, putting in a turbo, or lightweighting my car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speed can be increased with proper use of vinyl/painted graphics. Apply to areas such as doors, fenders, hoods, and windows. Yellow is considereed to be the greatest speed-improving color, followed closely by bright white.

Seriously though, just do a little research until you know what specific questions you need to ask.