Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Slight coolant leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight coolant leak problem

hey does anybody know what could cause a slight coolant leak in my jdm h22a engine.. When I look under the lower A control arm close to the axle there is a few drops of green coolant .... I had a pressure test done at a dealership and they said that it was not leaking from the water pump weep hole was dry and the collant does not come from the timing belt cover.. however the honda gold master mechanic I talked to said that it could be a bad O ring in the metal waterpipe that runs to the backside of the block --- if anybody has any info please share thanks
I have also checked all the rubber coolant lines that run under the car close to the the a arm and they were dry
Old 10-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Slight coolant leak problem (Chase)

naw the engine bay is fine there is a hose that runs on the back lower corner drivers side of the engine bay I believe it only happens when I am in vtec and when extreme pressures is put on the collant lines the hose that attaches to hard lines right above the drivers side suspension a arm the rubber hose has fine little cracks in it from age or whatever so i am wondering if when the coolant is under pressure that it heats this hose up and the coolant comes out from the fine cracks around the hose again it is not much coolant that is leaking out and under normal driving not in vtec it does not leak at all.. however it could be seals either in the oil filter collant thing or the back water pipe but I could not really find a collant trail from it and the hose I mentioned above was shiney like something leaked from it so I am leaning towards this