Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

vtec brake upgrade with legend calipers....stock wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vtec brake upgrade with legend calipers....stock wheels?

can i fit the legend calipers and vtec rotors on my stock 15 si rims? has any1 done this with the stock rims? thanx
Old 11-03-2004, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have, it fits.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:48 AM

great! can i see a pic please?!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Daboi630)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daboi630 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have, it fits.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too.

It is a VERY close fit...but it works. Never had an issue.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why does everyone use legend calipers, are they just compatible or are they like 2piston or something, im just gonna use my jdm h22a calipers unless theyre not as good....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why does everyone use legend calipers, are they just compatible or are they like 2piston or something, im just gonna use my jdm h22a calipers unless theyre not as good....</TD></TR></TABLE>

VTEC calipers are good enough. As long as you get a good brake pad and good tires, your stopping power should be fine.

I upgraded because my brakes needed an overhaul. Also, since I use my car on the track, the extra benefit of the dual piston caliper was VERY tempting. More of an insurance policy. I figured I might as well put the "best" I could on at the time and never look back.

Legend calipers are VERY similar to NSX calipers....just not as "bling". However, VTEC calipers are perfectly fine for the streets....even some moderate track use.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so your sayin they are 2 piston....
hmmmm....this spells a trip to the junkyard....anyone in the market for some jdm vtec calipers???
Old 11-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so your sayin they are 2 piston....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but I don't think you read the rest of it. You do NOT need to upgrade. Spend the money on better pads and tires.

If you are looking to just waste money so you can mod your sig., send me the money. I could put the money to better use than what the Legend calipers will do for you.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (hOndafienD 04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hOndafienD 04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">great! can i see a pic please?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had it but took it down. i mean its really close. actually i think it should be the same as regular VTEC caliper clearance. i used the same bracket 23T to house the legend calipers.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: (AndyD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, but I don't think you read the rest of it. You do NOT need to upgrade. Spend the money on better pads and tires.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

not trying to argue, but more like trying to find an answer. with that being said....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Legend calipers are VERY similar to NSX calipers....just not as "bling". However, VTEC calipers are perfectly fine for the streets....even some moderate track use. </TD></TR></TABLE>

how would prelude calipers work on a NSX? you state that its not needed, but wouldnt having the legend/nsx calipers help?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AndyD)

ok, i will delineate my thought process for you on this post since you think you know what it was.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AndyD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

VTEC calipers are good enough. As long as you get a good brake pad and good tires, your stopping power should be fine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, i understood this part, sounds like a fine idea to me, lets proceed to the next paragraph....

I upgraded because my brakes needed an overhaul. Also, since I use my car on the track, the extra benefit of the dual piston caliper was VERY tempting. More of an insurance policy. I figured I might as well put the "best" I could on at the time and never look back.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

my brain: "oh well i feel the same way about doing every job the best, i need to overhaul my brakes too, and the 2 piston is enticing, a lot like it was to you"

the insurance policy is what i am all about...i want to put the best on just like you did...for when i do track my car(soon)....and it wont cost me a cent to get these calipers since i have a pretty much otherwise worthless in-store credit to the junkyard...and then i can also sell the jdm calipers, so basically i will make money on this deal, sounds good to me.....

Legend calipers are VERY similar to NSX calipers....just not as "bling". However, VTEC calipers are perfectly fine for the streets....even some moderate track use.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok good, so theyre not bling, wow i wouldnt care, not much of a bling person

im just proud of what i have....so sorry if i like to showcase what i work my *** of for in my signature, being that im 17 and work hard to pay for everything i have and go to school 5 days a week i feel that i have accomplished a lot, and take pride in showing it in my signature....if you have any more criticisms to make feel free to IM me or hit up my email....thanks