Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Help! Stuck with no ride! No start

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Stuck with no ride! No start

Ok I had a misfire so I changed the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor button. I set the firing order wrong but then I googled and set it right and it fired up and ran fine. I took it up the road, and came back. It still had a slight misfire so I pulled each plug wire starting with cylinder one. It chgd in each one until I got to cylinder 4. When I took that one off the car died and now it won't start anymore. It turns over but won't crank up.

Did I mess something up? Where should I start? 1996 Prelude Si h23
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! Stuck with no ride! No start

Wow 169 views but no responses?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After running the car with an incorrect firing order you then start randomly pulling wires all while the car is still running? Pull the plugs and take a good sniff. $20 says your plugs are just soaking in gasoline and now they'll either need to be dried or replaced.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by godslayer
After running the car with an incorrect firing order you then start randomly pulling wires all while the car is still running? Pull the plugs and take a good sniff. $20 says your plugs are just soaking in gasoline and now they'll either need to be dried or replaced.
this is what i would do first..

gotta check the obvious/easiest things first...
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't run the car with the wrong firing order. I tried to start it and got nothing. I then set it correctly. I drove it around with the CORRECT firing order but it was still misfiring. That is when I pulled the wires one by one trying to see if one of the cylinders was possibly dead. When I pulled the 4th cylinder wire out, it stalled and before I could push the wire back down, it died and hasn't started back up since then.

I pulled the plugs and the were NOT soak. I pulled the valve cover, timing was dead on. I checked to see if the rotor button jumped off. It was still there. I changed the coil and main relay and got nothing. Fuel pump is priming so idk.

So now I am hoping that it's just the distibutor. That's my last guess. I will probably rent a compression tester from work and make sure that compression is good across the board. Then purchase a new distibutor.

Question: Are there any other make and models that I can get a distributor from if I was to go to the junkyard. 1996 Prelude Si H23
Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The same **** happened. To me exacly how urs turned off mine did too and it was my internal coil I have a jdm h22a with a internal coil replaced it and fired back up check to see if ur fuel pump turns on and if ur igniter didn't take a **** just grab a test light youtube a video I watched one for a civic