Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

prelude clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prelude clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!!

Whats UP guys, I drive a fifth gen prelude and I got a clutch problem.
Ok, one day i got into my car to start it and I press in the clutch pedal, then it goes all the way to the floor. I had the car towed to the shop and they told me I need a new master clutch cylinder. The shop said it would be cheaper to rebuild the master clutch cylinder(replace the seals), they also replace the slave cylinder (cause they say it was leaking fluid)

Ok i get my car back and the clutch is slipping. So i take the car back agian and ask the shop why the clutch is slipping now, when it wasnt slipping before they did this work on it! They tell me that the car well need a new clutch.

Two weeks later i replace the clutch. The work was done by a different shop. I get the car back and after 30 minutes of driving it the clutch begins to slip just as before!!! So i drive the car to Honda who told me i need a Clutch Package. I told honda all the things in there package was already replaced. So honda told me they dont know what the problem could be. I took the car back to the shop that preformed the clutch job. They said that my car needs high preformance clutch.

After driving the car for a few days the way it is now, i notice that the car drives fine til after about 20-30 minutes. After that 30 minutes the car begins to slip to the point it feels like the car is in neutral!!!!! Sometimes it is impossible to put my car into gear with the car on. This has only happen 3 or 4 times tho.

My questions are
> could the type of clutch that was put in my car make the car slip the same as the OEM clutch?
> why does it start to slip after 20-30minutes?
>do u think it has something to do with the hydro tranny (air in the lines)
>the flywheel? (shop said they replace the fly with rebuilt one)
>could it be that i didnt get a new Master clutch cylinder? (mine was rebuilt)
>could the pressure plate be the problem?

all suggests welcome
Old 08-24-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: prelude clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!! (j tek bb6)

bump