Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

location of a/c drain line 89 prelude

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default location of a/c drain line 89 prelude

okay everyone first off I already did a search to no avail... I have water coming out under my passenger side dash when I run my A/C so I know this is because my a/c drain line is clogged, so this would mean I have to unclog it, so does anyone know where in the hell to find the A/C drain line on my car?? I know to unclog it I want to run like a coathanger or something into it I just gotta find the drain line to do it, thanks in advance everyone....

Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: location of a/c drain line 89 prelude (808lude808)

okay since no where actually said where to find this drain line I figured it out.... no need to remove the dash or take off any trim.... just lean back and put your head under the dash.... youll see a black box behind the glove box... thats the evaporator, pull the carpet back.... and you will see a hose that runs from the box to the firewall.... pull gently on the hose away from the evap box and it should slide off with just moderate pulling.... use a coat hanger to get most of the gunk out that you can, then go ahead and if you want to get it more clean, get compressed air (walmart computer dusting air is fine) and blow out the line.... re connect the hose... oh yeah before you disconnect it put a towel down in case there is still water in the evap box no need to get wet while you are doing this....

okay when this is all said and done you should be able to run your A/C with no water dripping on your girlfriends feet, however if it works then all of a sudden starts back up in the same day I doubt it is that the line clogged back up, you may want to run the coat hanger up into the evap box versus down the line or you just might have a crack in your evap box that spills over when it reaches a certain volume of water...

just some troubleshooting thoughts that should help you guys out.... thought I would let everyone know since there was really no clear way to do it on any of the forums.... hope this helps some other people sometime down the line at least