Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

5k rev when running. Wont idle Help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5k rev when running. Wont idle Help please!!!

Alright. I have a 96 accord with an H22a swap on boost.
I have been driving it around for a few weeks now and i recently noticed one of the injectors was leaking fuel. With no problems at all besides the leak, i drove my car to my friends place to fix the leak.

They are 550cc RC injectors.
I took off the fuel rail and checked out the injector to notice that it was horribly bent. The o-ring was ripped and the nozzle was bent.
Replaced the o-ring and put everything back on.

I put the key on so that the fuel pump would fill up the pressure again. No leaks now.

I go to start the car and it instantly jumps up to 4.8k rpm and then falls back down to idle. Then it revs back up and back down. Almost like a vacuum leak but to the extreme. Ive had vacuum leaks and they usually only go up to 2k and back down.

Its been 12man hours later(over 3 days) Its just as bad. The car is not drivable because it wants to take off.

Ive checked everything i can think of.
fuel rail, vacuum hoses, injectors, Throttle body, map, tps, intake manifold, IACV sensor, injector resistor box, I took off the intake pipe to the throttle body, throttle plate, coolant level, changed the bent injector back to stock.

Ive tried 3 different ecu's, p13, p28, and stock accord one.
I tried spraying the intake manifold gasket with carb cleaner, didnt do anything.

The only thing that changed anything was the TPS, I replaced it with a brand new one and now the RPMs stick to 5k.

What else left is there?????

We thought it was a sensor, fuel problem, vacuum problem, or ecu.
We checked everything for those and still nothing.

I need some major help please.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Default Re: 5k rev when running. Wont idle Help please!!!

check ur injector seals. There should be seals that seat on the bottom of the injector. check all too see if one has fallen out. Did u take all out or just one.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5k rev when running. Wont idle Help please!!!

Just one injector was leaking so I took it out and put on a new o-ring and put it back in. Started the car and the fuel return component that connects to the fuel rail was leaking. Took that off, put new o-ring and put back on. Ran the fuel pump and no leak now.(fuel pressure is at 40psi)

Car started having the 5k idle problem. Took the injector out and replace with stock. So it has 3 550cc's and 1 stock now. still has same problem,

would a boost leak cause this??
how about a cracked manifold? I haven't found any cracks but it has to be getting air from somewhere with the throttle plate closed.