Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (corpuszerogtr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by corpuszerogtr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how bad exactly do your retractors have to be to be replaced? I've recently noticed my retractors becoming weaker. The belt retracts about half way and the other half I have to manually pull into it. New ones sure would be nice though </TD></TR></TABLE>

Setting up an appointment and inspection is free at most take 30-1hr wait depending on how busy...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (ESP.net)

Does this warranty still apply to salvaged cars?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (mkazm83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mkazm83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does this warranty still apply to salvaged cars?</TD></TR></TABLE>

as far as I know all warranty's will end once the car has a damaged title...

however it's always worth a shot... worse case you get is a no... act like you have non dirty title...
Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ESP.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
- If belt is frayed or torn that is not covered
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's frayed from normal use then it's covered since it's a safety issue. I've had 2 frayed belts replaced.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (BB1LOViN)

This is another one related to your topic - Should you go to the dealer to diagnose for SRS you may or may not have to pay anything. for instance if a seat belt buckle switch within the buckle itself fails and caused the SRS light to turn on (commonly SRS DTC 09-3), provided that it wasnt because you spilt coffee on it or something, then you get a free replacement belt buckle. Of course if it was something else that failed then you will have to pay diagnostics fee (ie SRS unit failure) and/or you do not accept the repair they recommended. 50/50 Chance, not as great of a chance as mechanical failure but its still something that could be free.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 PM

All warranties end if car is salvaged.

I tried to get my seatbelt replaced but once they saw "Salvage title" they charged me.
The SRS light appeared and the code said the buckle chip was broken so they replaced it (at about $380.

Therefore, lifetime warranty ends when car is damaged unless you can explicitly cite somewhere thats states otherwise.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Default UPDATE!

In the Warranty Manual of my Honda:

"The warranties in this book do not cover: ... Any vehicle that has ever been declared a total loss or sold for salvage by a financial institution or insurer, or that has been issued a "salvage" or similar title under any state's law. This exclusion does not apply to the Emissions Warranties, the Seat Belt Limited Warranty, the Replacement Parts Limited Warranty, or any recalls or other campaigns."

So it's an exception to the exception. I want my money back!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE! (keltix)

thanks for the info guys. my driverside retractor is getting weak too. very unsafe welp, time to call the douchebags at the honda dealer i used to work at (damn service department manager fired me )
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keltix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In the Warranty Manual of my Honda:

"The warranties in this book do not cover: ... Any vehicle that has ever been declared a total loss or sold for salvage by a financial institution or insurer, or that has been issued a "salvage" or similar title under any state's law. This exclusion does not apply to the Emissions Warranties, the Seat Belt Limited Warranty, the Replacement Parts Limited Warranty, or any recalls or other campaigns."

So it's an exception to the exception. I want my money back!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

go get em tiger!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (aasaa666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aasaa666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is another one related to your topic - Should you go to the dealer to diagnose for SRS you may or may not have to pay anything. for instance if a seat belt buckle switch within the buckle itself fails and caused the SRS light to turn on (commonly SRS DTC 09-3), provided that it wasnt because you spilt coffee on it or something, then you get a free replacement belt buckle. Of course if it was something else that failed then you will have to pay diagnostics fee (ie SRS unit failure) and/or you do not accept the repair they recommended. 50/50 Chance, not as great of a chance as mechanical failure but its still something that could be free.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how exactly would they figure out the cause of the failure? aside from coffee stains.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:36 PM

The dealer does not want to return the money.
I'm calling Honda Consumer Affairs and after that I'm reporting them to the BBB.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 AM

In the Warranty Manual of my Honda:

"The warranties in this book do not cover: ... Any vehicle that has ever been declared a total loss or sold for salvage by a financial institution or insurer, or that has been issued a "salvage" or similar title under any state's law. This exclusion does not apply to the Emissions Warranties, the Seat Belt Limited Warranty, the Replacement Parts Limited Warranty, or any recalls or other campaigns." does anyone know if the emissions warranty covers stock exhaust that has been rusted??
Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (ethereal2pt2)

its common sense. I dont think I really need to explain further. if you want to get away with it and try cheat to get the warranty make sure nothing in or around it and clean it up real nice, or remove that coin your kids put in it. something like that. that is only one part of it that determines if you qualify, the other part is what the SRS control unit tells the factory HDS, Pocket tester, or PGM tester. since the drivers buckle is the one that gets used the most it will fail a lot faster than the other buckles, if the switch within it fails then there should be a code. the most common is 09-3.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (aasaa666)

SRS codes aren't really the issue here. What it boils down to is that Honda has taken responsibility for the most basic safety issues related to their cars, i.e. the seat belts. They have (honorably or legally) committed to ensuring that their cars are safe at the most basic level, which is keeping the driver in the intended position via the seat belts. Replacing every Joe Schmoe's seat belts is probably a hell of a lot cheaper than a ton of seatbelt lawsuits. And if they did this preemptively, then good for them.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty

i went to honda today and they gave me the run around about how the bottom snaps back in and the top is slower cuz theres dust in the top part that holds it, told me to try upholstery cleaner lol...i'm taking it back and saying it still slow cuz it ***** iS!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (dre2day)

I went into Honda today. They checked it out. They told me if it's under warranty it'd be free and if not, it would be $99.00 (for the diagnostics). It took them like 20 min to look at it... LOL. I think all they did was tug on it a few times... So its covered since the driver's side retracts slow and the passenger side retracts like half way... (weird that my passenger side sucks more than the driver's)

Anyways, 2 weeks to get the parts in and they told me it'd be about a 2-3 hour job taking stuff apart and putting it back together.

I wonder if they find something in there after they already said warranty that they'll try and charge me.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (plikit)

They probably won't try and charge you for anything related to the seatbelts, but they are likely to come up with some BS service items since your car is older. When I had it done on my 93 VTEC, I came to pick it up and they had a laundry list of stuff that they said needed to be serviced totalling $1200 or so. When I declined the service, the service lady told me "it won't pass inspection like that!". I just laughed and drove off (and passed inspection for 3 more years).
Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 PM

I just got mine done.

No charge and a free car wash. It was niice!
The guy really liked the lude

I did ask one of the 'service advisers' and the first one said no. The second one I asked looked at it and said it was under warranty.

I did wait 2 hrs... ftl... but free ftw
Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (borat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by borat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've had belts replaced on 2 different ludes now, and it couldn't be any more hassle free. I say "my belt is frayed and I can't pass inspection", they go take a look at it, then schedule a service appointment. Takes about 2-3 hours for them to install it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol 3 hrs to replace seatbelts, the mechanics must love these jobs.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Default Re: (integra15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol 3 hrs to replace seatbelts, the mechanics must love these jobs.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea they take their time. they milk the clock. lucky for us its free.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AJ06)

what if my rear seatbelts and all the equipment aren't there at all? my interior was gutted except for the front.. i got the seats and panels back in.. but seatbelts weren't included.. so.. does warranty cover it? lol
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Re: (dagle)

I wouldnt think so, my guess is they would say you just removed them ha. good try though.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey peps i got my 2 front ones replaced yesterday... YAY!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (borat)

They are doushbags. The Honda stealership I went too 4 years ago to get my first valve adjustment, (and this is after the adjustment, so you pull valve cover AND spark plugs etc.) told me I needed a timing belt/water pump job (1200 or something) because they heard some noise from around that area. I heard the noise but right when I got home, I whipped out my stethoscope and listened to the valve cover while running. Not a sound at all. Sounded blissfull. So I probe around some more, and find that one of my spark plugs was half out of the hole, and another spark plug was missing its head cap (little metal rounded tip with threaded inside) so that boot wouldn't stay on. So two of my cylinders could have lost spark while driving and I'm sure that might not have been good. So when they pulled the spark plugs to do a valve adjustment, they lost that little cap on one of my spark plugs, and when they re-installed them, they left one so loose where it could have popped out NO problem (the sound we were hearing was the vibration of the spark plug above the cylinder LOL). Then to top it off, tell me I need a water pump/ timing belt job (even though the car just had a motor swap and all that was done maybe 40,000 Kms b4 I brought it to that Honda.

I'm DIY all the way now. Thanks Honda stealerships for making me learn automechanics. They are doings us a favor lol.

EDIT* my seatbelt retractors suck *** too. So today I called and am trying to atleast get this done. My luck they will F*ck it up and I'll end up through my windshield cause it popped off the pillar.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (mattsnooz)

ha ha that sucks for you. but really, try and get ur seatbelts done. if they do f up then sue the hell out of them
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty (dre2day)

Heh, fu*k heads say that "They don't know about any lifetime warrenty on seatbelts"

Is that total bullsh*t or what?
They've never retracted since I owned the car LOL. Honda dealerships suck. We should all protest!!

*edit* tried another Honda dealership and they said "they never even heard of any warranties for seatbelts or retractors"

Quick Reply: Honda Lifetime Seat Belt Limited Warranty