Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

F22A4 Turbo Build (for anyone who cares lol)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: F22A4 Turbo Build (for anyone who cares lol)

Originally Posted by diazeg92
motor looks good. thank god you didnt swap to a h22 haha

i also want to do a turbo setup with a f22 4g prelude when i sell my eg. im getting out of the econobox civic/integra scene. need a more comfy car haha

nice build! hope to see good numbers on the 1/4 mile
thanks bro!

lol what do you mean about the H22? i love that motor i just wanted to be different.

4G Prelude is definitely one my favorite cars Honda ever made....when i made this one track only i went and bought another one.

and yeah now with all the stuff i've been doing lately i'm sure i'm going to crush my goal of 12 seconds....I'm hoping for 11.50's I've gotten the car down to 2650 with me in it...so it's not like shes a pig anymore
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Motor is now done, minus the timing covers and throwing the clutch/flywheel/trans on. We installed the cam and degree'd it. No issues with P2V. So i'm only waiting on a handful of things that should come in within the next week or so and I'll be ripping my old puppy out and dropping this in. and praying she fires up if all that is a go....it will be on to ordering everything else i need as far as turbo kit which includes

-GTX3071R Garrett
-Tial BOV
-IC Piping Mishimoto Intercooler (gonna test fit some sizes)
-DSS Axles
-Hondata S300
-Drag Rims with MH slicks

and hopefully picking up a sunroof plug off of Roger to drop a few more lbs. I'm really hoping i can get this all done before the first IREV at MIR which is June 9th but my ulitmate goal is to have it done sometime around March bar no issues...so i can get a handful of seat time before that event. But that's what's going on so far guys for the ones following this...Hope you enjoy
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BergRacing21
thanks bro!

lol what do you mean about the H22? i love that motor i just wanted to be different.

4G Prelude is definitely one my favorite cars Honda ever made....when i made this one track only i went and bought another one.

and yeah now with all the stuff i've been doing lately i'm sure i'm going to crush my goal of 12 seconds....I'm hoping for 11.50's I've gotten the car down to 2650 with me in it...so it's not like shes a pig anymore
h22 are great, but i usually see h22 swapped prelude S or Si. no love for the single slammer or the non vtec H...

sounds good, hope you reach your goal!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by diazeg92
h22 are great, but i usually see h22 swapped prelude S or Si. no love for the single slammer or the non vtec H...

sounds good, hope you reach your goal!
oh yeah most def, i have rarely seen anyone stick with the F in there prelude not competitively anyway. But the way i looked at it i've had this car since 16....10 years and have only went through one motor. And back in my younger days i put this F22 through HELL and even at the time it had almost 220k on it.

Then i started doing research so i sat in the accord forums for days on end, and seeing all these guys with there grocery getting accords (honestly i mean no offense) but the weights being a tad bit more than preludes. And boosting over 500+ hp on the same motor and running 12's and lower i got curious.

I figured why couldn't i make the prelude do the same thing? so that was my whole thing. Plus growing up seeing Bisi hit a 9 all motor using a F-series kinda helped lol. I may not be the fastest prelude out but i feel at the end of the day if i can hit in the 10's i'll be the first guy to say i got there with a SOHC in a prelude (as far as i know). Then maybe i'll switch to my beloved H22A. I'm an H/F series guy for life
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

talked to the guys at CCC Racing about a prelude wing. They told me that had something that might worked....knocked some money off the price...i installed it last night it's still gonna need a little molding...but i reallyyy like it!

you can see in both photos im gonna have to heat the curves up a little and get it to follow the prelude's body line but it shouldn't be to bad. Like i said i really like how it turned out.

i guess i might as well give another update....it's taken me sometime to figure out how to make a mount for my degree wheel to clear the balance shaft tensioner. But i finally have made something that will work should be degreeing the cam tonight and putting the covers back on. Also going to tap my oil pan for the oil drain. So i should have a few more pics in the next few days. But with tax season and work picking back up, I'm looking really good on get this car on the track this year!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOOOO...... anymore updates on this car?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am concerned with that picture as I am not seeing much of a cross hatch, if any, in the hone
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hidenplanvew
SOOOO...... anymore updates on this car?
sorry not much going on right now...motor is complete. My innovative mounts JUST came in this week. So looking to swap motors in like 2 weeks or so. it's hard finding time with how busy my daily grind has been.

and 98vtec it seems like it's really hard to tell in that pic but there was cross-hatching in the cylinder walls.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Timing Covers put on AEM cam gear

Golden Eagle sandwhich plate for turbo feed

stock motor coming out

it's out, i gotta alotta work to do in the bay

As she sits right now bumper less

put the decals on my bumper!

Everything has been slow lately. Have been doing alot of work lately and not enough time to work on my baby. I still feel really good about making it out this year but just probably not as soon as i hoped. But as long as work stays busy it's what's funding this project so it will get on the track soon! Just working on swapping things from the stock motor to the new one and putting it together to get ready to drop in for break in. Then next coming weeks i should be putting it back in running it for a few weeks. Then it will be a full on push getting the rest of stuff i need for my turbo. Sorry i don't update this much i need to quit being lazy! most the time i post all this stuff to instagram and forget

**i've also changed my original goal and updated that on the first page

Last edited by BergRacing21; 05-03-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed a picture
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

love the f series build keep it up!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Brrraaaap!

This is what I wanted to do with my F22 build. Stay focused and make it happen!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nustad89
love the f series build keep it up!
Originally Posted by Blaze45
This is what I wanted to do with my F22 build. Stay focused and make it happen!!!
Thank guys! Can't wait to finish this thing lol
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank guys! Can't wait to finish this thing lol
Glad to see your getting closer. I still have those parts we talked about last time. Let me know if you still want them. I'll be getting rid of alot of stuff soon. Making room for new additions
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by md23vtec
Glad to see your getting closer. I still have those parts we talked about last time. Let me know if you still want them. I'll be getting rid of alot of stuff soon. Making room for new additions

oh yeah dude of course! lol i've just been so busy with work and trying to get all the finishing pieces motor wise. I definitely should be able to get off your hands soon, haha and see what else you're getting rid of.

btw glad to see you back...bummer your car won't be making it out this year, but i'm damn sure whatever you got cooked up it's gonna be sick!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have a spare H23 Intake mani or just the top half they'd like to donate or sell for cheap? i fucked up my port job when porting for my TB and broke through to the IAC chamber.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for results! Great to see another turbo F!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yay another f-series! You're way ahead of me, all I'm doing atm is getting my g23 to run. Someday I will be boosting her lol

But anyway looking good, I'll keep an eye on the thread
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM
I live under a rock

anyone have a spare H23 Intake mani or just the top half they'd like to donate or sell for cheap? i fucked up my port job when porting for my TB and broke through to the IAC chamber.
I probably do.

You could just fill it with some aluminum weld and grind it back down again.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quick update....i've ordered just about everything and anything you could think of for the motor (sensors, clutch slave clyinder, thermo, plugs...etc.) so that everything is brand stinking new. I've got all that put on the motor right now....only thing i'm waiting for right now is just my buddy to finish porting my manifold (was able to find a new top half of the IM) so he's working on that now for my throttlebody...other than that the motor is ready to go and be dropped in. My mishimoto triple core civic radiator came in and samco hoses.(yeah i'm going half size, it is a drag car lol) so literally it's just waiting on my buddy to finish that and the motor will be ready to be dropped in....fired up, do a little break in. And it will be a full on sprint on ordering everything i need for the turbo kit and everything. I've also scrapped running water/meth and decided to go race gas...which i will be using FTW fuels. So sorry no pics or anything...actually i might post some a little later but just wanted to update everyone!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

little update...motor is about to drop in like next week! also learned from my tuner a little more about FTW, and found out class rules allow fuel cells. So i'll be buying a 3-5 gal fuel cell now and running a inline pump (bosch 044) instead of the walbro 255 (which im currently selling for 80 bucks + shipping if anyone is interested). So that i can run the race gas. Pretty excited! i just want this thing done...but she's getting there and i haven't put myself in a dime worth of debt because of it. So slowly BUT surely she's getting there!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well guys over the past week i was able to finally get the motor in and she's ALIVE! time to start breaking it in....i ran into a few issues worked them all out and she fired right up! Biggest issue was my main relay got cooked from sitting but once we got that figured out...it was smooth sailing.

the reason it dies in the start up video we forgot to adjust the throttle stop for idle so when we closed the throttle it immediately died as my bro Wolfe explains.

well time to break her in....and then slap the turbo on! WCF here we come!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

having problems embedding the video but looks like the photobucket vid doesn't work here's the youtube vid!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Good job, now I have to wait until after work, can't watch videos here!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Good job, now I have to wait until after work, can't watch videos here!
thanks man! haha it feels like its been such a long time coming...now i can't wait to get her broken in!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not break her in with boost?

Quick Reply: F22A4 Turbo Build (for anyone who cares lol)