Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement **

Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement **

I know there are some people out there who just dont like where their clutch engages. I installed my Action clutch and the engagement point was damn near at the floor. I got tired of this and looked in the helms manual.

Essentially all you are doing is changing the height of the pedal. Here's a picture of what you will be working with:

This is the rod coming straight from the master cylinder. Loosen the locknut. The basis of this setup is a threaded rod and a threaded hole on the clutch pedal with a locknut to tighten everything up.

Adjustment:
If your engagement is too low and you want to raise it, take a lock wrench and spin the rod clockwise until you reach the engagement of your liking.
Spin the rod counterclockwise if you would like to lower your engagement point.

This is pretty much a common sense kinda thing, but it never hurts to throw this out there for other people to see.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (B.Rabbit)

good work. easy to do but still think this is a good one for ones that dont know how.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (WhiteBB2)

its one of those "duhn duh duhn" kinda things
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (WhiteBB2)

simple, yet still very effective. i for one always wanted to know if you could change it. thanks this helps a lot. faq worthy perhaps?

edit: i asked anthony anyway about the FAQ. hopefully he'll add it when he gets online.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (B.Rabbit)

would i be able to do this mod, once i get a k20 swap into my car??

i dont want to miss out on this mod if k20 swap will delete it =/
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (Mykizism)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would i be able to do this mod, once i get a k20 swap into my car??

i dont want to miss out on this mod if k20 swap will delete it =/</TD></TR></TABLE>

this isnt a mod...this is just how to adjust your clutch engagement
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (Mykizism)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would i be able to do this mod, once i get a k20 swap into my car??

i dont want to miss out on this mod if k20 swap will delete it =/</TD></TR></TABLE>

jackass
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B.Rabbit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jackass </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 AM

Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (_BB6)

_BB6.... I just noticed your aviatar...LMFAO!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got dibs on your old motor
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good stuff.....

so i am guessing this will work for a 3rd gen also?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (roller3804)

lol im not swapping a k20.. but i am swapping turbos.. you want my old precision unit? its hell of a beast!!!

my GT35r comes in today.. freaking SWEEEEEEEEEEET
Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 AM

haha thanks. took me half an hour just finding the proper tools on fireworks. hate it when ps nd fw use different words for the same tool.. but it turned out alrrite. well since you like it here's a full size pic. sorry about the thread jack.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (_BB6)

One thing to also keep in mind:

your clutch is self adjusting. which means, over time, it will adjust itself.

there is an illustration and how to also in the helms, for people who want it and have the helms

EDIT: Just a hunch. Don't vouch on me for this one...

Modified by ap at 12:33 PM 1/11/2007
Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (ap)

sorry i'm not following you. do you mean that it adjusts to the way you clutch it? how does it adjust itself over time? sorry =P
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (ap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One thing to also keep in mind:

there is an illustration and how to also in the helms, for people who want it and have the helms</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alan....what are you talking about?? I just looked at it myself....I'm not seeing that....there isn't anything apparent to me in the system that could "self-adjust" though I could be missing something....
Old 01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (bb4ever)

my clutch seems to self adjust...when its warm it adjusts correctly when its cold...its closer to th floor.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One thing to also keep in mind:

there is an illustration and how to also in the helms, for people who want it and have the helms</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you know if it will auto adjust with the k20 motor? because i dont want to have to adjust it when i drop the k20 in the lude
Old 01-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice post, thanks a bunch
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (DK-Kip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you know if it will auto adjust with the k20 motor? because i dont want to have to adjust it when i drop the k20 in the lude </TD></TR></TABLE>

mykizism why do you wna swap w/ k20? what about that nice h22 you did all that work on? hell i'd keep that hands down. or you can give it to me
Old 01-10-2007, 05:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _BB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mykizism why do you wna swap w/ k20? what about that nice h22 you did all that work on? hell i'd keep that hands down. or you can give it to me </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol im not swapping a k20.. but i am swapping turbos.. you want my old precision unit? its hell of a beast!!!

my GT35r comes in today.. freaking SWEEEEEEEEEEET </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (Revi)

cool.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (Rosko)

im not following how its self adjusting i looked through my helms but dont see it.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement ** (Revi)

try reading. *up two posts from me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you know if it will auto adjust with the k20 motor? because i dont want to have to adjust it when i drop the k20 in the lude </TD></TR></TABLE>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dont like where your clutch engages? ** HOW TO: Adjusting Clutch Engagement **