Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

changed timing belt: now idle dies down after reving

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changed timing belt: now idle dies down after reving

aight guys i just changed my sisters timing belt out on her 98 prelude...everything seemed fine so i took it down the road to make sure no power loss and everything ran good. i went about 2 block down the road and turned around cause everything seemed fine. after busting the u-turn and trying to make the left back to our street i release the gas pedal and see the RPMs drop under 500 then dies. i pull back into the driveway and let it idle (seems to be idling fine...around 900-1K). but everytime i try to rev up the engine it dips down to like 100 and then back up again to regular idle....it only seems to dip down after i rev or take my foot off the gas.
anyone know what the problem might be...i didnt feel any power loss or anything like that on the test drive after installing the timing belt. nothing weird at all. i did see that the oil was low after installing the timing belt so i added what was needed. other than that i have no idea whats going on.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: changed timing belt: now idle dies down after reving (curiousgpnoy)

did you adjust the valves after you put the new belt on?? If not it could just need a valve adjustment and I would also check the timing.