Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Camber kit/alignment

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kit/alignment

This is gonna be kind of long but stay with me

Alright, I lowered my car with Tein SS about 9 months ago. Went to the honda dealership to get it aligned because no one else could fit it on their lift. So then right before I leave to go to the National Honda Prelude meet in alabama I go to get my tires balanced and the guy tells me that one of my tires is gonna blow pretty soon. Turns out it was an original tire and the car had 38000 miles on it so that tires lasted a while. So I bought a set of Kumhos because that was all they had in stock and I was already supposed to have left. So I get back and take it in for an alignment again and the guy tells me that there is no way that he will be able to get it to the factory specs or Teins specs and that I need to buy a camber kit. So I go ahead and get the alignment done so I know how bad the camber is so I know which kit to get. It turns out to be like -2.5 all the way around. So I save up and get the kit put it on and then take it back up the Honda to get it aligned. So im in the waiting room and they call me up the service desk. The guy tells me that he cant just align it that he had to put it on the machine get the specs, take it down, jack it up adjust it, and then put it back on the machine. He tells me that everytime he puts it back on the machine that it is gonna cost $50. He said that he is used to camber kits that arent adjustable and just move something like 1 degree or something. I thought the whole point of adjustable camber kits is so you can get the camber in the right place. So I guess what im asking is has anyone else ran into this problem or how do they make your aedjustments? I read up alot on camber kits on PO and HT.com and I just never saw anyone mention them having to pay like $200 for an alignment because of them have to do it this way.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber kit/alignment (Casual Gcode1)

Same thing is happening on my 94 Lude... the tire guy said that I need to buy some kinda special bolt so the camber can be adjusted to the right degree or watever... don't knoe if this helps... but at least you're not alone
Old 08-20-2003, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Camber kit/alignment (MeLuvHoNda)

Anyone else have this problem or know what I should do?
Old 08-20-2003, 07:52 AM

try to find another shop