Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Question about the possiblity of selling my '99 Lude (not a 4sale post)

Old 03-06-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the possiblity of selling my '99 Lude (not a 4sale post)

I am sadly thinking of selling my 1999 Prelude just because I feel the time is right. I work at a Mazda dealership and can pick up a brand new Speed6 for about $7500 off.

The stats on my Lude:

1999 Prelude SH
Pearl White
189,000 miles
Air Intake
*NEAR SHOWROOM CONDITION*

When I say near showroom I am not kidding. It could almost pass for brand new, inside and out despite the mileage.

I live in Minneapolis and since Spring is just around the corner I feel it could be a good time to sell. My question is this (2 parts):

1) This vehicle obviously has a following so despite the mileage is $5000 to $6000 unrealistic considering the quality I've kept it in?

2) I have an unbelievably high quality aftermarket sound system totaling $5000 including DVD Audio 5.1, DVD Video 5.1 (with in-dash screen of course), 1 12" Rockford sub, the best 6½ component and 6x9 speakers Boston Accoustics make, and top of the line amps controling everything. Will I scare possible buyers away by advertising this and more importantly can I ask for more because it's in there? Ultimately if I keep it in there I would ask $8000.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Modified by venger at 5:47 PM 3/6/2008
Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by satan_srv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">9. Tech related posts only No off-topic posts will be allowed. Anything that is not tech related is considered OT. Use your common sense on this one. Do not create a thread with the purpose of something OT then later add in 'my battery voltage is low, how to i fix it' type of tech-question. There is also a forum specifically for Appearance / Cosmetic so please post 'what color should I paint my car/rims' and 'what type of body kit' questions in that forum. If you want to know what type of rims will look like on your car, go into GDD and ask some of the members to do a photo chop of it. These threads will be locked/deleted. Also, if you are going to complain about a company please do so in GDD. Borderline posts of such will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators/admins. Also, if you are new here do not make a post telling everyone you are new and here are 4 pictures of your car. You will be docked. Do not make threads listing your set-up then asking us what you should do next. It's your car, not ours. Everyone will list something completely different. Do not ask us how much your car is worth either. These threads will also be deleted/locked. Threads that offer to pay someone money for who ever diagnoses their problem are also not allowed.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Default Re: (saikou)

Is your car paid for already? IMO I'd rather not start a new car payment, and put myself in a lil debt. But that's just me.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Re: (mydnyte93)

I highly doubt that you can score $8,000 with that kind of mileage, no matter the system that is in it. You should pull the system and try and get $5 or 6K out of the car and then keep the system or sell it seperately. Obviously I can't speak for everyone else but I really don't care what kind of system is in a used car when I am looking to purchase.