Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Raced an R6...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced an R6...

I thought about putting this post here in the beginning because you would probably appreciate it more but I made the mistake of putting it in Kills and got flamed..

I raced an R6 from a stoplight, up to 120-130mph and beat him by 3 car spaces. He was totally stock. It looked like the new 2004 red/black/white. I have a 2001 GSX-R600 with a slip on, and k&n air filter.

I don't know if it's just that my bike is faster than an R6 or if it's because of me weighing only 140 pounds. Too many variables on a bike so you can't really tell unless it's the same rider in 1/4 mile..
Old 05-09-2004, 12:24 PM
New User

Default Re: Raced an R6... (pwnd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pwnd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought about putting this post here in the beginning because you would probably appreciate it more but I made the mistake of putting it in Kills and got flamed..

I raced an R6 from a stoplight, up to 120-130mph and beat him by 3 car spaces. He was totally stock. It looked like the new 2004 red/black/white. I have a 2001 GSX-R600 with a slip on, and k&n air filter.

I don't know if it's just that my bike is faster than an R6 or if it's because of me weighing only 140 pounds. Too many variables on a bike so you can't really tell unless it's the same rider in 1/4 mile..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I roll my eyes everytime you post. You are 16 with a newer 600 you are to small to control your bike and your racing at 130 in city streets???
Old 05-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Raced an R6... (b18hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I roll my eyes everytime you post. You are 16 with a newer 600 you are to small to control your bike and your racing at 130 in city streets???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I roll my eyes everytime also. This kid posts so much sarcasm. Why even post, all your **** is always worthless. You never give any actual useful info. Must be cool being a black belt behind your computer.

but back to topic...yea dude, you beat a new r6 by 3 cars cause he must've just gotten it and not known how to even ride the damn thing...duh. Racing on the streets from a stoplight to 130mph is smart I wonder why you got flamed in the kills forum
Old 05-09-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Raced an R6... (BoostedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but back to topic...yea dude, you beat a new r6 by 3 cars cause he must've just gotten it and not known how to even ride the damn thing...duh. Racing on the streets from a stoplight to 130mph is smart I wonder why you got flamed in the kills forum </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, cuz we all know the R6 would kill a crappy gixxer. BooyA!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I roll my eyes everytime you post. You are 16 with a newer 600 you are to small to control your bike and your racing at 130 in city streets???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wait I'm too small to control my bike? How the **** would you know. I'm 5'8 140, I've never dropped my bike from the weight and I can flat foot it. I have over 2500 miles on it in the past 2 months.

I think you're a ******* idiot. I raced on 2 miles of straight road with no cars ahead of me.

You need to learn the facts before you start a flame war. By the way what bike do you have?
Old 05-09-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Raced an R6... (OnlyNod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnlyNod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, cuz we all know the R6 would kill a crappy gixxer. BooyA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEAH CAUSE YOU OWN ONE!!! LOL!!!

In case you didn't know the GSXR is faster and lighter (01 and 02, 1 pound more than 04 but the GSX-R600 04 is lighter so it's like comparing apples and oranges)

So whatever you'd like to think.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I roll my eyes everytime also. This kid posts so much sarcasm. Why even post, all your **** is always worthless. You never give any actual useful info. Must be cool being a black belt behind your computer.

but back to topic...yea dude, you beat a new r6 by 3 cars cause he must've just gotten it and not known how to even ride the damn thing...duh. Racing on the streets from a stoplight to 130mph is smart I wonder why you got flamed in the kills forum </TD></TR></TABLE>

This guy was not a beginner. I could tell by the way he was acting, for all you know he could have owned a bigger bike and decided to buy a newer 600 just like Mazidillac. (in fact as much as I know about Yamahas it could have been a 2000-2002 model, I didn't look over at it closely)

By the way, buddy. You ride a beat up ******* 2002 F4i that's probably been looped more times than I can count. Parking lot pimping doesn't count as riding.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHAHAHA...i stick to the light weight category...i race mopeds and scooters...
Old 05-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: (mellenium)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mellenium &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHAHAHA...i stick to the light weight category...i race mopeds and scooters...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can race my 200 It tops out at 60mph...
Old 05-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: (pwnd)

Man this kid is wastin his dads money! First of all didnt msf teach u anything. Everybody knos a man would race on the track not on the street. Its coo to do stunts n stuff cuz ur hurtin urself not people around you. Think before u act boy!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:42 PM
New User

Default Re: (bLaCK_GsR)

I don't know who this kid is that everyone is flaming. Like stated if you really raced, congrats. But there is a time and place for everything. I wont deny going 162 on highway or streets, but in no way do I brag about it. Our bikes (gsxr) are the fastest 600 out there, and track bike of choice. And as far as your comment "parking lot pimping". I take offense, bc I can race and stunt.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao @ black belt behind your computer.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: (blue95accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue95accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know who this kid is that everyone is flaming. Like stated if you really raced, congrats. But there is a time and place for everything. I wont deny going 162 on highway or streets, but in no way do I brag about it. Our bikes (gsxr) are the fastest 600 out there, and track bike of choice. And as far as your comment "parking lot pimping". I take offense, bc I can race and stunt. </TD></TR></TABLE> am sure u got bragin rights n u choose not too. But kid is comin on thinking hes the **** and talkin **** about people. He aint got a job, everything is daddy this n daddy that. Damn if i was like that wen i was 16 my friends would slap me around for being a bitch. To me racing is racing u win some u lose some. But gotta kno the time n place.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:13 PM

like you said in your other thread

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pwnd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a ******* idiot</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-09-2004, 02:42 PM
New User

Default Re: (bLaCK_GsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bLaCK_GsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> am sure u got bragin rights n u choose not too. But kid is comin on thinking hes the **** and talkin **** about people. He aint got a job, everything is daddy this n daddy that. Damn if i was like that wen i was 16 my friends would slap me around for being a bitch. To me racing is racing u win some u lose some. But gotta kno the time n place. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, like I said, I have not been following his posts, but you and numerous others have stated how ignorant he is. People like that give good riders bad names, and ususally end up dead
Old 05-09-2004, 02:48 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but back to topic...yea dude, you beat a new r6 by 3 cars cause he must've just gotten it and not known how to even ride the damn thing...duh. Racing on the streets from a stoplight to 130mph is smart I wonder why you got flamed in the kills forum </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your post is vague i hope your not talking to me.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Grumpy Old Man

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> you are to small to control your bike and your racing at 130 in city streets???</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's like saying a jockey is too small to control a horse. You hvae no idea what you are talking about.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:24 PM
New User

Default Re: Raced an R6... (ReBornGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReBornGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's like saying a jockey is too small to control a horse. You hvae no idea what you are talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A horse is an animal which jockeys dirrect. A bike is a michine which you control. Nice analogy though. That is my personal oppinion.

Old 05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your post is vague i hope your not talking to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, i was referring to pwned.

Hey pwned, you deserve a cookie. You beat an r6 with someone you know wasnt a beginner just by looking at him..haha. Congrats man! thats what you wanted to hear when you posted it right?

btw, good thing the r6 didnt beat you man. Daddy would of had to fork out more money to make you faster! Maybe daddy can come on here and defend you also?

oh yea, just as an fyi...my bike has never been looped. Thanks for caring tho
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pwnd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Parking lot pimping doesn't count as riding.</TD></TR></TABLE>
does it count if i do it in the street then?
Old 05-09-2004, 04:51 PM

hahahahaha...you beat him...i dunno man.. i gotta 03 r6 and im pretty sure i'll smoke the sh*t out of you...not to be cocky or anything.. but your either bullshiting you or the guy you were up against just plain sucks..

2003 r6
Old 05-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Raced an R6... (djquikstart11)

My buddy has an 04 r6 and his bike is pretty quick... I think you just raced a really bad rider. 3 car lengths is alot!!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Raced an R6... (EVIL Hx Coupe)

I raced a 2003 R6 On a Non-Public Road many times, I expected to Beat him more so then I really did!

To say the least, I was very Impressed with his top-end power!

Any 2003 and under GSXR 600 With Equal drivers Could no way Beat a 2003-04 R6, As I have Ridden my friends 2003 GSXR 600 and I was not Very Impressed!

Eric
Old 05-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Raced an R6... (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I raced a 2003 R6 On a Non-Public Road many times, I expected to Beat him more so then I really did!

To say the least, I was very Impressed with his top-end power!

Any 2003 and under GSXR 600 With Equal drivers Could no way Beat a 2003-04 R6, As I have Ridden my friends 2003 GSXR 600 and I was not Very Impressed!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen... I do not like the GSXR 600 at all, seating postion felt like i was straddling a horse with that big tank. 2 of my buddies have it and have rode my bike... both have felt that the R6 was lighter and faster. Not that there is that big of a difference between power, and i hope this doesnt sound cocky, but anyone that usually rides all the top 600s picks the R6, thats exactly what i did.

Oh, excluding the 636 of course
Old 05-09-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Raced an R6... (OnlyNod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnlyNod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Amen... I do not like the GSXR 600 at all, seating postion felt like i was straddling a horse with that big tank. 2 of my buddies have it and have rode my bike... both have felt that the R6 was lighter and faster. Not that there is that big of a difference between power, and i hope this doesnt sound cocky, but anyone that usually rides all the top 600s picks the R6, thats exactly what i did.

Oh, excluding the 636 of course </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn skippy..same here
Old 05-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Grumpy Old Man

A horse is an animal which jockeys dirrect. A bike is a michine which you control. Nice analogy though. That is my personal oppinion.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too bad Valentino Rossi is 5'10 130 lbs and he just happens to be the greatest rider of all time who currently directs a bike with over 240 whp.

Or is your idiotic statement limited to the 600cc beasts we ride on the streets

Quick Reply: Raced an R6...