Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Magnaflow custom catback exhaust on my Honda Fit GD3

Old 12-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow custom catback exhaust on my Honda Fit GD3

Hi All,

I just got my Fit GD3 a week ago. I thought about this car when it originally came out in 2007 and I finally got it now. I am loving it so far.

I could not wait much and I ended up changing the exhaust system on the car. Here is the first video showing relatively deep sound out of this small 1.5L engine.

Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust:
- Magnaflow muffler
- Resonator delete
- pipe changed from resonator to the tip with 1/4" increase in diameter
- no shiny tips
- painted black for a clean look to match with the black Enkei RPF1 wheels.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Magnaflow custom catback exhaust on my Honda Fit GD3

Nice sound! Good choice of wheels. What kind of tires you using? Looks pretty aggressive.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks.

As for the tires and wheels, I wanted lightweight wheels and sticky tires so I got:
- Enkei RPF1 16x7 black painted
- Bridgestone Potenza RE760 205/45/16

I had the same tires on my Mini Cooper that I sold and I liked how sticky these tires are.

Here are a few pictures of the wheels and tires on my Fit:

https://honda-tech.com/honda-fit-73/...t-gd3-3233319/
Old 12-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Driving around - Magnaflow cat-back exhaust on 2008 Honda Fit GD3

The microphone picked up all the road noise. Sorry about that. It is not that loud

Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust:
- Magnaflow muffler
- Resonator delete
- pipe changed from resonator to the tip with 1/4" increase in diameter
- no shiny tips
- painted black for a clean look to match with the black Enkei RPF1 wheels.

It is a universal Magnaflow muffler with the 2 1/4" input pipe. I don't know the exact dimensions of the muffler but it was about the same size as the stock muffler.

As for the resonator, I got it removed and placed a 2" pipe instead and also replaced the whole pipe all the way to the muffler with a 2" pipe. As you know the stock pipe is 1 3/4".

Almir
almirsCorner.com
2008 Honda Fit GD3 5-speed manual
2007 Honda Pilot LX
Old 03-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so i have a slight issue with the vid above me. Please reeo this vid when traffic isn't the congested. The car sounds so good and i was on edge with your late breaking...lol. I do the same. But pic a quiet 2 lane road or night dron the freeway to do this. Your set-up sounded so good i was begging for MORE. Running through every gear shifting just b4 fuel cut off. Your car has so much Civic SI in it. Driving a honda like it's meant to be driven (to fuel cut-off) is like a soundtrack. But please make more video....lol.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by A&Fbro28
Ok so i have a slight issue with the vid above me. Please reeo this vid when traffic isn't the congested. The car sounds so good and i was on edge with your late breaking...lol. I do the same. But pic a quiet 2 lane road or night dron the freeway to do this. Your set-up sounded so good i was begging for MORE. Running through every gear shifting just b4 fuel cut off. Your car has so much Civic SI in it. Driving a honda like it's meant to be driven (to fuel cut-off) is like a soundtrack. But please make more video....lol.
Thanks for you comments. Yeah I need to record some more videos in the canyons here in SoCal. You are right about early shifts. It is partially due to traffic and partially due to me being used VW 1.8T and Mini Cooper that I owned. They had more torque and I was used to getting all the torque around 3,500rpm

I recorded this video of my Honda in the first month after purchasing it. Last time I owned a Honda was back in 2005 and I liked the eagerness of the engine when being revved high. I started doing it with my Fit again, and I need to record a video.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by almirx101
Thanks for you comments. Yeah I need to record some more videos in the canyons here in SoCal. You are right about early shifts. It is partially due to traffic and partially due to me being used VW 1.8T and Mini Cooper that I owned. They had more torque and I was used to getting all the torque around 3,500rpm

I recorded this video of my Honda in the first month after purchasing it. Last time I owned a Honda was back in 2005 and I liked the eagerness of the engine when being revved high. I started doing it with my Fit again, and I need to record a video.
No... You drive a honda like u stole it. It's made to be driven like that. ;-) Most VTEC motors (b4 i-VTEC), the powerband doesn't build until 4500-5000. That's where the fun begins. Shift just b4 fuel cut-off. Honda/Acura does the ratios so IF you do this, you stay on the hotter cam. I'n your case the motor will stay in 16 intake valves.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just noticed something cool/interesting on your set-up. The GD Doesn't have real VTEC like the GE. It's like the VTEC-E motor in Civic HX back in the day. At 2800RPM the L15 just switches from 8 exhaust valves/4 intake valves to full 16 valves. No cam profile changing like normal VTEC. But where im surprised is there's usually not enough change to notice any audible change. In your car its def heard. I think because you weren't at full throttle but enough to change tone. I just ordered a shiny MagnaFlow exhaust with a a big 4in exit diameter. I have intake which the VTEC meanest will be heard from intake so will rarely hear the exhaust sound unless it was a rice N1 can. They wanted but i made a a deal for 100.00 and won 30min later.

This is mine...
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SU8AAO...DM/s-l1600.jpg
Old 01-10-2016, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not the same as this article points out.
The Truly Amazing Honda Fit/Jazz