Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

The Honda Jazz - some thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Honda Jazz - some thoughts...

Hi everyone!

I know some of you guys really look forward to the Q1/06 US launch of the Honda Jazz. Like Europe, USA will receive the 1.4iDSI engine @ 83bhp. This is a neat little 1.4 liter engine in Hondas new L-series. The 1.4 is pictured here.

L14A iDSI (1.4 litre, SOHC, 83 BHP)

L15A VTEC (1.5 litre, SOHC, 105 BHP) (SS header is OEM Honda )

Read more Here: http://asia.vtec.net/Series/Fi....html

Why Honda Jazz

First of all, because its cheap and fairly good looking. It has a more neutral look than the new Civic. I get the feeling Hondas new look on the Civic series isnt quite what some expected. The Jazz offers a great starting point for a small, light and cheap street car - and this is why I think it will become a success, just like in Asia, Europe and Australia.

Mugen, Spoon Sports, BuddyClub - only a few companies offering their products for the Jazz. We see Tein and Eibach out with new suspensions for it - JIC is just around the corner with their system. There are plenty of exhaust systems to choose from, and if your wallet is deep enough - a K20 swap is a breeze 700 kilos of car with 200 horsepower - now thats gotta rock and rumble!

Fun facts:

- 1.4 iDSI (L14A) and 1.5 VTEC (L15A) engines out
- Facelift in 2004, upgraded bumber and reworked dash. Rear disc-brakes.
- 5MT, 5MT-Sport, 7AT/CVT avaiable
- All models use the same base chassis, engine mounts and suspension mounts, making swapping brakes from a VTi or an engine a breeze!
- Its a VERY easy car to work on engine and suspension wise, much like the good 'ol D-series
- GD1/GD3 are OBD2a cars!

Old 07-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (strepto)

Honestly...the car doesnt strike me at all, in any aspect. For one it just reminds me of the Scion xB thing, a little minivan/hatchback/car thing. I know that the car has been out for a long time but i dont see myself ever being in the market for something like that. I think it would make a good first car for someone, tiny low power engine and good room...i think thats a nice setup for someone learning how to drive. And though i know they've made them into race cars, the thought just kinda makes me giggle, but again, like i was saying, i would probobly never be in the market for a car like that.

Styling wise...its simply ugly.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (hypnosisracing)

With gas prices going to limits unimaginable people are going to start realizing that economy is going to be the way to go, especially in high traffic areas. That is why Detroit is struggling so bad right now and offering their "Employee Discount" because they have not yet realized where the car market is headed right now. I think just like new Scion/Toyota models, Honda will find this car selling very well.

It is ugly as sin though!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (RevHard)

Old 07-03-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (00mofo)

I never tried to say that the Jazz was, or will ever be, a performance and/or racecar. Lets face it, its a cheap, low fuel/emission citycar with lotsa room for all your stash. But - I do think its a nice car (or at least it can be with a little work), and I am looking forward to my Jazz

My point was that its price, and the cost of owning one, will attract people. RevHard mentioned that the petrol prices are hitting the roof, and I don't think it will stop anytime soon. Im just talking out loud here guys, this isnt some vision or revelation Ive had or anything.. But I really do think that the Jazz is a neat little piece of ****, and I hope to see more of them out there. I dont think its wrong to get a cheap car with a small engine and spend money on a better suspension and exhaust anyways.. Gives it an edge... Then again, thats just me... take my word for it, getting a Jazz is pretty ******* far from exiting, after the cars I've owned...
Old 07-06-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (00mofo)

HondaTuning interviews Spoon about the Fit: http://www.hondatuningmagazine...onfit/
Old 07-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just see the same dumb ***** that think their little Civic DX is fast with an intake having this car, slapping a loud obnoxious exhaust and intake on it and trying to race around...getting beat by caravans and such. People wouldnt use this car in the outlet it shines in if they did look to performance, they'll see a cheap car, different than a civic, and bastardize the things credibility the same as the civic's has been because of the moronic ricers.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just see the same dumb ***** that think their little Civic DX is fast with an intake having this car, slapping a loud obnoxious exhaust and intake on it and trying to race around...getting beat by caravans and such. People wouldnt use this car in the outlet it shines in if they did look to performance, they'll see a cheap car, different than a civic, and bastardize the things credibility the same as the civic's has been because of the moronic ricers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it will end up like the Scion Xb and Xa, with most people who mod them doing mostly appearance things. I've never had a Scion try and race me.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (RynoDyno312)

lol...i have, in my wife's S2000 no less. A yellow boxy one (i think their called XB or something like that) had wheels and exhaust and stuff, sounded weird (someone said it was supercharged from Toyota, could have been, i was a good bit ahead so i didnt get alot of time to hear it)...but yeah, felt weird seeing a toaster try to race me.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 AM
* B A N N E D *

I read the link about the engine and thos are some great ideas. I think this car wil be perfect here. It has lots of room, incredible economy, and dosen't look have bad. I would like to see a verson with the upcoming 2.2 diesel honda motor, but I doubt that will happen.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (cbmprelude)

Hi guys,

I would just like to comment on the thread. Just a newbie here!

I had my Honda jazz for two months now and all I can say is that it is definitely a hit here in Asia. Im in the Philippines and the jazz has been a big hit here. The only difference is that they only offer the 1.3L version here in the Philippines. But nevertheless, I think its a great car.

Now, the car has three versions: 1.3L MT, 1.3L AT and 1.3L CVT. Honda is now using Continous Variable Transmission which incorporates Manual Transmission and Automatic Transmission as one. What's good is you can reach up to 7th gear on manual transmission (which i think is impossible.. lol!) due to traffic conditions here.

Also, the car is indeed known for its gas-saving feature. We also experience increasing gas price here. I reached 100kph and experience some difficulty with the engine. Changing the engine would be the remedy.

Attached is a photo of my car inside our garage. See how it fits our very small garage? Lol..
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (cbmprelude)

I think if its popularity around the world is any indication....it should be just as well received in N.America....as it poses to be the next generation "Civic."

The 7th and 8th gen have grown so much in size and weight.... yes, it is a welcome refinement for those of us getting older.... but there are some of us who remain keen on driving something basic....and this satisfies that with being user friendly.

I think eventually The Jazz/Fit will have to have its own forum on HT.com
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
D-series ninja

i love this thing, its a little tiny commuter car, that is just what i want in a nice cheap daily driver, not to mod. just to drive the **** out of it until it ***** the bed...

gets from me
Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 AM

I kind of like that thing. Anyone see the Mugen K20 Powered fit? Thatd be sooo amazing
Old 07-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pepin15)

the jazz would be a nice daily driver..
Old 07-28-2005, 07:15 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think if its popularity around the world is any indication....it should be just as well received in N.America....as it poses to be the next generation "Civic."

The 7th and 8th gen have grown so much in size and weight.... yes, it is a welcome refinement for those of us getting older.... but there are some of us who remain keen on driving something basic....and this satisfies that with being user friendly.

I think eventually The Jazz/Fit will have to have its own forum on HT.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

7th gens are dimensionally smaller and weigh the same as EK's. the EP on the other hand is heavy. I love how people just assume anything new is heavy.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (rewsnaeht)

When I contributed to the post it was what... 7 in the morning...I was on my way to work...so sue me that I didn't specifically state the SiR....

But thanks for being clear and concise....
Old 07-28-2005, 12:11 PM

...humm, the japanese version of the Chevy Aveo...
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd rock that ****....
Old 07-31-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (ITR#00-1077)

Honda will introduce the fuel efficient Fit as an entry level model in North America. Fit models manufactured in Brazil will be introduced to Mexico in October of this year, and the Japan-made Fit will be introduced to the U.S. and Canada next spring. Honda will further expand its product lineup in order to respond to increasing customer demands for vehicles with high fuel efficiency.

Full article here: http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050720_a.html
Old 07-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am really excited about this little car and I think it'll be a big hit here. It may not have a lot of power out of the box but it only weighs about 2200 lbs and it can accept some of the K-series variants (maybe all of them?). Even with the dime a dozen K24 it'd be pretty darned quick.

As a commuter car its got great interior room for its size, multiconfigurable seating, great gas mileage, what else could you ask for. At the price its going to be an awesome bargain. Of course I'm assuming it'll be about $11-14000.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts... (JMU R1)

Oh man, i cant wait. These cars are everywhere in Hong Kong. Almost all of them are fixed up too. Love the look. Looks clean at night with some nice HID's too.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:14 PM

i think I am going to go check this out at the dealer when they come in, just in time for me to purchase a car.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 PM

I love these cars! Especially the one with the custom swapped K20
Old 08-06-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: (Infinityzero)

First 200 Honda Jazz'es hit US soil today

Quick Reply: The Honda Jazz - some thoughts...