Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Dyno proven modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno proven modifications?

I'm curious to know how different modifications effect actual performance of the Fit.

I just traded in a Mazda MX5, and my ONLY gripe is.. passing on a one lane road, the little 1.5 has trouble going fast.

So, I'm looking for bolt ons that will give me a little more oomph. I'm a little weary of the cheap aftermarket parts available, especially intakes.. as spoon says to leave the intake alone.

And, how about exhausts? How big of pipe can the L15 handle before it starts to loose torque?

Any ideas?

As of now I'm leaning towards the Spoon or Honda Sport muffler, and a drop in air filter.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As of now I'm leaning towards the Spoon or Honda Sport muffler, and a drop in air filter. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're looking for performance and you mentioned buying the Honda Sport Muffler? An axle-back exhaust isn't going to help much.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (eL)

-2 hp
Old 08-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (solbrothers)

not sure on which D sport mag but they did a test n tune on my buddys fit .. i believe they did a aem cai intake and skunk 2 ... which after they dyno was 8hp gain ... they also test tuned dc sports race heaers and it actually lost torque and didnt gain any hp ...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (hatchysi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchysi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure on which D sport mag but they did a test n tune on my buddys fit .. i believe they did a aem cai intake and skunk 2 ... which after they dyno was 8hp gain ... they also test tuned dc sports race heaers and it actually lost torque and didnt gain any hp ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, I wouldn't mind an additional 8mpg. I wonder why Spoon said it is best to leave the intake alone? Can you find this article?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM

not sure on which issue is my buddy will let me know tonight... hmm spoon probably said to leave the stock intake so maybe u can buy their filter .. no doubt spoon makes good stuff. but if the aem made power then why not right?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (hatchysi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchysi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
no doubt spoon makes good stuff. but if the aem made power then why not right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (eL)

Also might want to check out aj racing they did the chamber intake along with 50rs exhaust i believe and gained around 10 hp then did they lightened pulley added about 1-2 hp but on manual on auto it takes away power if i heard correctly
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (SpoonSportFit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonSportFit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also might want to check out aj racing they did the chamber intake along with 50rs exhaust i believe and gained around 10 hp then did they lightened pulley added about 1-2 hp but on manual on auto it takes away power if i heard correctly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Links to dyno?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm curious to know how different modifications effect actual performance of the Fit.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

K24 would be nice for passing
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well my 5spd just made 97.6hp and 95.8lbs after my intake i didnt base line it but im gonna be makeing a new intake manifold soon and also porting the stock runners well see what happends and dynoing after that
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (uselesshuman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uselesshuman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well my 5spd just made 97.6hp and 95.8lbs after my intake i didnt base line it but im gonna be makeing a new intake manifold soon and also porting the stock runners well see what happends and dynoing after that </TD></TR></TABLE>

Before and after, maybe? :D

I like how our motors make almost as much TQ as they do HP. Would you consider that, torquey? haha, prob not.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
rpb

hey mat go on aim hoe fitted
Old 08-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha yeah. i know what you mean. lol.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The great thing is torque peaks very early in the power band and stays relatively flat after that.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
New User

Not worth dropping money for performance on the Fit. Love it for what it is, a great, reliable, fuel efficient, roomy, magic stick, daily commuter Honda.

But....if I was ever going to mod my Fit, first thing I would do is drop a k20 in there. By that time, in 4-5 years the mounts should be out by then.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SwiftTypeR)

Well, the Fit has a small output engine so don't expect agains with I/H/E will be as much as K20 or F20 engines. I have done some dyno tests with some T1R parts and it gained some power but the driveability is greatly improved http://www.fitfreak.net/forums....html

K20 swap will basically be the most efficient way but it will cost $$$$$$
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: (AJ PwR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K20 swap will basically be the most efficient way but it will cost $$$$$$ </TD></TR></TABLE>

What if it was a K20A3?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (arsim)

Not as popular as the A2, but still capable of respectable power. Especially when supercharged.

On a side note, can you still run AC in the fit with the K swaps?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

What size is the AJR catback?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (arsim)

IMO, if I am going to a swap that I will regret down the road, I rather save up and do it one time while doing it right. The amount of work is same as doing any K20 sway so for that money, power and hassle, I will go FI in stead for less trouble and headache.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What size is the AJR catback?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The T1R cat-back is 50mm.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

im pretty sure you can run ac with a k swap but you have to run the ep3 si,rsx or crv compressor
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
New User

Default Re: (AJ PwR)

For all the parts involved in FI (turbo) or SC (little gains), it's not even worth it. Turbo will kill your gas mileage + you'll have to buy an exhuast, turbo timer, fpr or injectors if you want to make decent hp. When it's all said and done, you'll spend upwards of $5k on either FI set up if you want to do it properly.

How much hp will you gain with FI? Probally 30-50 whp. Stock will probally push 90 whp so your looking at 120-140 whp after spending $4-$5k. Mine as well put out another $1k-$2k and go with a swap. With a swap you'll still get good gas mileage, reliability and 170-175 whp stock. Plus there is no additional maintenance required, unlike FI.

Another bonus is you'll pass emissions with flying colors. THat'll save you money from finding a "shady" shop who'll charge you extra to pollute the earth.

Why waste all this money on FI or a swap when you could've purchased something alot nicer with the $5k? For $21k you could've had a brand spanking new Civic Si with the k20 and lsd stock. THrow in another $1k and get navi.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Occupy GDD

Default Re: (SwiftTypeR)

I kinda disagree with swaping out. IMO its more of a hassle than running a supercharger or turbo.

Personally if I had a fit I would leave the motor and run a turbo kit (something like greddy which usually aren't too hard on your wallet). With a kit like that you could probably get 50whp more which to me in a fit would be plenty & it doesn't seem like your looking for crazy hp (correct me if i'm wrong). Also I doubt gas mileage would be affected if you drive normal.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Alex_G)

Also note that the Jackson racing supercharger was designed with stock internals in mind. I think JRSC knows what they're doing. Reliability is no issue there as there is w/ custom fabs or mounts or random issues that occur with swapping..
Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
New User

Default Re: (Integra_Nguyen)

Yea, but your probally only looking at a 25-30 whp gain with a SC. It is reliable, but you still have to tighten the belts every oil change etc. You still need a header + exhuast to get more whp out of a SC plus the necessary guages. Then, if you want to maximize the potential of the SC, you need to get it tuned. All of this is roughly $5k. People who think I'll bolt on a turbo or sc and won't have to worry about anything else is dead wrong. Their very costly and time extensive to gain their max potential. If I had to choose between a SC or turbo, I would go with turbo everytime.

Your roughly going to invest about the same amount of money, but with a turbo you know you can get more whp easily. With a SC, all you can do is raise the boost by 2 lbs with a smaller pulley and thats IT. If you have the money to do a SC set up, your going to thirst for more power in the future and want a Turbo.

You guys know my preference, swap. Stealthy, reliablie, fuel efficient and don't need to invest a ton of money on guages + tuning.

Quick Reply: Dyno proven modifications?