Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Dome light wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome light wiring question

Ive got a GE with the JDM mirror covers. Mine are aftermarket, and include blue leds in addition to the orange winkers. My goal with these blue leds is to have them come on with the dome/courtesy light when i unlock my car. OR at the very least have them flash with my parking lights when i unlock the car. the only problem with the latter is i believe that would cause the blue leds to stay on with my headlights... which is illegal since they are blue.

sooo, that leaves me with the option of only being able to connect to my dome lights. the problem here is: the dome lights are controlled by ground, and use constant power. the way my blue led is wired up, (its ground is tied with the orange winker, which is bolted to my frame) if i were to just connect the + of the blue led to the dome + it would just stay on constantly. If i connect the blue LED+ to the dome -, it would do the opposite of the dome light.

My question is: Is there some way of getting my blue LED to work in sync with the dome? right now its doing the opposite.. I figure there must be some kind of component or IC that can output + to my Blue LED whenever the dome - is activated.

thanks for any help,

Connor
Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dome light wiring question

Might want to check out FitFreak.net and ask them. They seem to respond faster and have more of a condensed group of knowledgeable Fit owners.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dome light wiring question

Hey thanks for the reply. I've posted my question at fitfreak too. I figured it would be worth a shot to ask here too since its more of a general tech question.