Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

how much longer is honda going to make the fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much longer is honda going to make the fit?

I know it has been out in Japan for a long time now. I was just wondering if they plan on making the fit for at least a couple years here. I am thinking about getting on for a DD in about a year or so.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how much longer is honda going to make the fit? (wfocrx)

it was my understanding that the fit would replace the civic as an entry level car... i dont see why they wouldnt keep making them.. they might make body style changes or move to some sort of hybrid setup.. but other than that what reason would they have to drop the name?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much longer is honda going to make the fit? (07ssmfit916)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 07ssmfit916 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was my understanding that the fit would replace the civic as an entry level car... </TD></TR></TABLE>

What?? Where did you get that information from? There's no way that could happen; the Fit can't be compared to a Civic let alone replace it.

Seeing as how the Fit has already been in production for 5 or 6 years now, I'd say it's not going away any time soon. I think it has gained the popularity Honda was looking for and will be around for some time.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: how much longer is honda going to make the fit? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

Its not replacing the brand of the civic, and its not comparable. But if you look at the civic from the time it was introduced until now, it is hardly an entry level car anymore, and neither is it a subcompact car. The fit is designed to "replace" it in both of these catagories, with its low price point and small size. Atleast in North America.

This has been confirmed by honda.

Stolen from wikipedia:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Fit went on sale in the United States and Canada in April of 2006 as a 2007 model year vehicle. It replaced the Civic hatchback (now exclusively sold in Europe as of 2006) for North America. Honda hopes to sell 33,000 Fits in 2006 and 50,000 per year afterwards to combat rival Toyota Motor Corporation's Scion marque. The Fit takes over for the Civic as Honda's chief entry-level subcompact; the Civic continues to grow in size and price and it was reclassified as a compact (larger than a subcompact) in 2001.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how much longer is honda going to make the fit? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the Fit can't be compared to a Civic let alone replace it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

youre right.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobjohnson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But if you look at the civic from the time it was introduced until now, it is hardly an entry level car anymore, and neither is it a subcompact car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was told when i was signing for my car.. the civic isnt going anywhere if thats what you thought.. sorry for the confusion
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Yeah the civic has gained many creature comforts over the years. It's no longer the econo-box it used to be.