Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

2015 Honda Fit - Panel warning indicator lights on

Old 03-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Honda Fit - Panel warning indicator lights on

All lights on. Took to dealer who said misfire on cylinder 4 due to bad gas. I googled and saw many others had same issue. Is there a fix???
Old 03-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2015 Honda Fit - Panel warning indicator lights on

Might be related to this.

September 16, 2015 02376 Version 2
Safety Recall: Ignition Coils
Supersedes 15-060, dated September 3, 2015, to revise the information highlighted in yellow.
AFFECTED VEHICLES
Year
Model
Trim
VIN Range
Fit
ALL
Check the iN VIN status for eligibility
REVISION SUMMARY
Under REPAIR PROCEDURE, step 6 was added to complete the Vehicle Emission Recall - Proof of Correction certificate.
BACKGROUND
The noise suppression capacitors inside the ignition coils may degrade over time causing the check engine light to illuminate, the engine or fuel injection system to malfunction, or in severe cases cause the engine to stall.
CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory. These vehicles must be repaired before they are sold.
Should a dealership sell an unrepaired vehicle that subsequently causes an injury or damage because of the recalled item, the dealership will be solely responsible to the damaged party, and will be required to defend and indemnify American Honda for any resulting claims. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this campaign, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the four ignition coils and, if necessary, clean the spark plug connection ends.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here at the honda dealership in Eugene, we call that a "Christmas tree" when all lights (tpms, cel, airbag, srs, lka, so on) are all on. What it usually means is that the battery got so low that it discommunicated with the ecu and needs to be connected to our scan tool to reconfigure the ecu.. Just a heads up, not saying the recall isn't the issue, but most time it's the christmas tree.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:30 PM
Trial User

I've had this problem, and have seen it discussed on multiple forums. I've seen a lot of people reporting having replaced their fuel injectors or alternators. Hate to tell you this, but there was nothing wrong with my car. I figured that it had to be a problem with the warning system, how could the check engine light, the power steering fail light and the low tire pressure light be indicative of a single problem? So, I rebooted the system; specifically, I disconnected the battery for about 60 seconds, reconnected it and reset the clock. Problem fixed, no problems for the last three months.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:33 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DooDooBrownEg
Here at the honda dealership in Eugene, we call that a "Christmas tree" when all lights (tpms, cel, airbag, srs, lka, so on) are all on. What it usually means is that the battery got so low that it discommunicated with the ecu and needs to be connected to our scan tool to reconfigure the ecu.. Just a heads up, not saying the recall isn't the issue, but most time it's the christmas tree.
I'm with this guy. :-)