Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Rock Auto DEA/MRC Motor Mounts...Quality or Crap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rock Auto DEA/MRC Motor Mounts...Quality or Crap?

At 152k miles all but my driver's side lower motor mount are original, and I was looking into options to replace them all. I decided to look to Rock Auto because they're a pretty reputable parts carrier, and they also happen to have the best price around on the Walker resonator pipe that I also need to buy. I found that Rock Auto carries a "Motor Mount Kit" which essentially includes all 5 motor/trans mounts for my 5-speed CR-V for a seemingly smokin price of 53.99!! As most are, I am familiar with the old adage "you get what you pay for", but keeping in mind that this is now a roughly 20-year-old mount design with no special vacuum vibration damping or anything, maybe they really are just that cheap to make...?

Has anyone bought DEA/MRC motor mounts from Ruck Auto? What say you on quality?
Old 03-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rock Auto DEA/MRC Motor Mounts...Quality or Crap?

I would go for it with no second thougts, i purchased the two lower engine mounts 2 years ago (my left lower driver side there in really bad condition) They where cheap but do a lot better job than the old worn outs, i didnt purchase the one you mentioned but another aftermarket part. I take a look under my car every now and then, last i checked they still look fine
Old 03-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Rock Auto DEA/MRC Motor Mounts...Quality or Crap?

Thanks for the input nallerplys! I did go ahead with the purchase. I've replaced this same lower engine mount on 2 different Civics, and this CR-V once and I've bought from a few places. Twice I bought cheapies off Ebay and got terrible longevity out of them. The price of the DEA/MRC mount from Rock Auto is extremely cheap (getting 5 mounts for like 53 bucks), so I wasn't sure if this was just more garbage. Pulling it out of the package, it looks a bit more substantial than the factory Honda mount (a bit more rubber in the webbing area). The Ebay mounts I'd bought previously looked very lacking in that area, so I was happy to see that. It looks like a quality replacement, so hopefully I'll get a few years at least out of it. It's lucky that this mount is, in general, simple and cheap to replace because it's a definite weak spot on Civics AND CR-V's. I'm going to hang onto the other 4 mounts for now because my other mounts are in ok shape, but at 152k miles, how much time could they really have left?