Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

What does that brush bar attach to?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross 2.0
What does that brush bar attach to?
There are 2 brackets that came with it for each side that attach to the subframe/chassis. It was an easy bolt on install, and is not hard to take off if i need to get the bumper cover off.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Evil Monkey)

Originally Posted by vivid 02
This thread makes me want a crv
I wouldn't want a CRV if I had a Ridgeline... Hell I wouldn't want a CRV if I didn't have a Ridgeline. I'll stick to my XJ.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kyle your CRV has sealed my fate. Before I looked at this thread I had no interest in CRVs. After my integra is up and running, my next toy WILL be a lifted 31x10.50 CRV. Lord I wish I never saw this thread...
Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No burn to Honda's because I love them to death, but with what you'd spend on a CRV including lift wheels and tires you could have a much more capable vehicle for probably close to half the price.

I have probably 4 g's into this jeep including the vehicle purchase cost and it has a straight 6 and solid Dana axles front and rear. In terms of bang for buck and available parts and what not I'd say this platform would suite anyone better. The CRV was never really designed to perform in those types of enviroments and although they can probably do it, the repair costs when you get off the trail... well just one look at the rear axles on the CRV and I can say no more.

Name:  IMG_1372.jpg
Views: 35210
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1376.jpg
Views: 35790
Size:  94.9 KB
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think clearly we all understand that the crv is not made to be a trailblazing beast. It is however fully capable I handleing light trails while probably still being more at home around the city/urban jungle. I've toyed with the idea of hooking up a crv as an alternative to my crx. I am just torn between getting another yota instead.

Anyway back on topic- what is the offset/back spacing on those steelies Kyle?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:16 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Originally Posted by CRXTION
No burn to Honda's because I love them to death, but with what you'd spend on a CRV including lift wheels and tires you could have a much more capable vehicle for probably close to half the price.

I have probably 4 g's into this jeep including the vehicle purchase cost and it has a straight 6 and solid Dana axles front and rear. In terms of bang for buck and available parts and what not I'd say this platform would suite anyone better. The CRV was never really designed to perform in those types of enviroments and although they can probably do it, the repair costs when you get off the trail... well just one look at the rear axles on the CRV and I can say no more.
Typical Jeep mentality.
My CR-V has gone everywhere my Jeep has with no problems.
You will never snap a rear axle on a CR-V.
Heck even ARB industries made a rock crawler out of a CRV engine.
It's not going to go over many rocks but it's going to roll with a "real 4 wheel drive" everywhere else.
In fact I have yet to put any repair money into my CR-V and I'm up to about $1,000 for the Jeep.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Default Re: (Evil Monkey)

I wouldn't want a CRV if I had a Ridgeline... Hell I wouldn't want a CRV if I didn't have a Ridgeline. I'll stick to my XJ.
hey dude no need to hate. Your comparing your apple to my orange, it aint happening... I think its a great vehicle for anyone, you can do so much with it. Great visibility, you can slide the thing on dirt like no ones business, and sounds awesome with just an intake tube and filter . All while getting the good mpgs.

heres the basic lowdown on lifted crvs

-BDS, Ironman, Dobison lifts (very rare as they are discontinued kits) are all there is as far as lift springs.
-Id honestly go with a smaller tire, such as 215/75 (no body modification at all), 30 is a bit unpractical unless you want to start doing some body/plate work. 235/75 is a good size as well, u'll just have to do some minor grinding in the fender well and make a small notch in the plastic bumper and your good to go.
-I use 1/4 inch spacers to clear these wheels
-Bolt circle for the crv is the same as a ford ranger, jeep wrangler, so you have a HUGE selection of wheels and styles. lighter the better.
-2 inch lift spring is taking away droop travel, so you have a higher percentage of compression travel...75/25 sumthin like that.
-b20-nuff said lol

If I were to do it all over again, Id get some different 15x7s, 235/75s, and maybe have some custom fiberglass fenders made. lol sry long response.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by CRXDrew
Anyway back on topic- what is the offset/back spacing on those steelies Kyle?
Im not sure on the offset, but I remember that its 3 1/4 inch backspacing, if you wanted it to look really sweet, you should try some aluminum mickey thompson classic II's
Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 PM

lift springs 200
wheels and tires 660

so your saying you can buy a 2inch coil spring lift along with the same size wheels and tires NEW for around 450. come on....
Old 02-16-2009, 01:05 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

ha I just did a little light wheelin in mine today. The darn thing sounds like a sinking ship when it flexes lol.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
New User

Icon2 Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

alright so Im brand new to this forum. Im thinking about getting a crv (97' or 98'), but I wanted input on the stuff on this topic first. I wanna put a little lift on the crv and some bigger tires... nothing to huge, Mainly just for looks. I wont be doing any real major off roadin, just light stuff at times. Anyone got any recommendations for how to get this done without emptying my bank acount? (Parts to use, goods tires, etc)
Thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 AM

I've been poking around some of the CR-V forums and it appears that the spring lifts posted above are either discontinued or really hard to find. Also, as noted above, a spring lift, without a longer travel shock, decreases suspension droop travel (how low a tire will go when it's over a depression in the ground). This effects ride quality and traction. If I end up buying one, I'll just leave the suspension alone, add the tallest AT tire that will fit, and leave it at that.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/honda.html they have bds lift kit. it does 2 in rear and 1 in in front and those are for leveling the car out. google stuff! it works!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef
97-01. I'm looking at 2nd gens.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:31 PM
New User

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef
http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/honda.html they have bds lift kit. it does 2 in rear and 1 in in front and those are for leveling the car out. google stuff! it works!
So with this, am I going to need the longer shock like alistair said? or not?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 PM

You don't need them, but they would help maintain ride quality and improve off-road traction. I don't know off hand how much droop the stock set-up has, but adding 2" to the springs has to make a significant dent in it.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
New User

ya your probably right. I'll probably just go ahead and get them so i dont have to worry about it in the future. Maybe stupid question.... know anywhere I can pick up some of these? and price range?
Old 04-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by icedmocha
I found a CRV for sale and now this thread is making me consider it !
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/1126050252.html
Why does this thread make you want it?
Do you want it to go mudding, to traverse snow, to drive unpaved road?

Just curious, because there's a better aftermarket for many other vehicles, for far less that would make it a more capable vehicle than this.

Our CRV does well in slippery conditions, but I will never take it through the same mud i take my truck through.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 AM
that's no moon

No, offroading would be a TJ 4.0/5mt. They can look decent, and have room for a baby
Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM
New User

hey there, much like everyone who go in this forum has a maroon 1998 crv automatic, with 230,000 kms on it, much as i love it to bits i would like to make it bigger and make it more capable with other environments. i have read you can put a 3" lift kit on it from bds i think some one said, im in australia, queensland and couldnt find any other site to subscirbe or find information to um but i was wondering if shockys, suspension and a lift kit if all were changed and updated would it be bigger than 3" and is there any bigger kits for the crv or anything else that may fit on the crv? and is 225 the maximum for the tyres that can fit? and because if all that gets done the engine isnt that good a standard b20 ? should it be recondition or maybe a turbo or a super charger be placed onto it for more hp and torque? and does anyone know spoon engines there a honda make? i heard there powerful but cannot find much information on them? would they increase the torque and hp on the crv? if the b20 is replaced?

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Thanks for your help

Byron
Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man I want all those offroading Crv's.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
New User

Default Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin (BB6Driver)

i have a honda crv. where can you find these lift kits?
Old 03-14-2010, 05:58 PM
TRIAL USER

when you say "2" ironman lift", you mean the 2" lift in back and the 1" lift in front, correct? I have the same year and color of you cr-v and mine is an automatic too. I would love to make it look like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin