CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

Originally Posted by 2000crv sport

forgot this one

oh and just too let you know im running 235/55/17 pirelli scorpion m+s tires, dont know the offset of the rim but no rubbing at all drives great
So after putting on the 17's, did you notice any difference in gas mileage? Or ride quality? Any problems with brakes?
I only ask because I recently came across some 17's that I'm going to put on my 98 CR-V. The size of the tires on the rims is currently 215/50-17. But I'm liking the look of the 235/55.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi guys! Quite new to this site, definitely new to replying in threads/post, so please stay with me. I got a 00 V And just ordered new wheels and tires. Going with 15x7 (0 offset) AR(Cragar lookalikes) and set of BFGs 215/75/15. Didn't get any lift springs, strut spacers, and wheel spacers. Not sure how my ride will be but I guess from reading everyone's replies, I will end up having to add spacers no matter what. Will post pics once my V gets its new shoes.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kenkun808
Hi guys! Quite new to this site, definitely new to replying in threads/post, so please stay with me. I got a 00 V And just ordered new wheels and tires. Going with 15x7 (0 offset) AR(Cragar lookalikes) and set of BFGs 215/75/15. Didn't get any lift springs, strut spacers, and wheel spacers. Not sure how my ride will be but I guess from reading everyone's replies, I will end up having to add spacers no matter what. Will post pics once my V gets its new shoes.
what island are you on?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by svincyyy

Here is my aluminium spacer

Where'd you get your spacers??
Old 09-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by underrated
what island are you on?
I'm on O'ahu
Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AR35s 15x7 (0 offset) / BFGs 215/75/15 / 3mm non-hubcentric spacers(poor decision and ordered a pair of 3mm hubcentric immediately). Now I just need to lift her a lil and she's good to go!! Stay tuned, as she gets new parts installed.

I'm on O'ahu
Old 01-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AR35s 15x7 (0 offset) / BFGs 215/75/15 / 3mm non-hubcentric spacers(poor decision and ordered a pair of 3mm hubcentric immediately). Now I just need to lift her a lil and she's good to go!! Stay tuned, as she gets new parts installed.

Nice looking V!!! Is this on stock suspension?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi there. New to this forum. Can anyone answer me this: thinking about ordering 40mm lift spacers, front and back. Will it be bolt on, or do i need to mod brakelines, handbrake wire etc? Greate thread btw
Old 05-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by oldhondadude
here's mine

Like what U have done with ur V. Just purchased a 2001 stock twin of ur V with intent of doing what U have done. How much are U lifted, did U use lifting struts or spacers? If struts - what brand & where did U purchase? What size wheels & tires are U running? I need to lift because of bad knees & back. I would like to lift 2".
Old Coot
Old 12-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Trial User

Icon5 Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

Hi,
I am new here and pretty new to this idea of lift and bigger tyres. I have a CRV 98 model and I've been dying to give it a boost with a front bumper bar and bigger(not too big & wide) off-road tyres. Can someone be patient enough to give me and introduction into what is required in terms of required lift kit parts and tyre types please? Useful links would do.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi I'm new to this site and not sure where to ask this question . but I've been reading forums and no one has really talked about the center bore size on cragar soft 8s or pro comp wheels . I know my honda 2006 crv center bore is 64.1mm and the cragar soft 8s is 3.300"(83.82mm) so my question is how is everyone making this work without hub centric rings or spacers? or does the larger center bore not have an effect ? or cause wobbles or vibrations driving.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by peeezy
hi I'm new to this site and not sure where to ask this question . but I've been reading forums and no one has really talked about the center bore size on cragar soft 8s or pro comp wheels . I know my honda 2006 crv center bore is 64.1mm and the cragar soft 8s is 3.300"(83.82mm) so my question is how is everyone making this work without hub centric rings or spacers? or does the larger center bore not have an effect ? or cause wobbles or vibrations driving.
i have a 2005 crv with 1.5 inch strut spaceres and 1 inch hub centric wheel spacers, but I have the stock rims with 225/75r16 tires. Since your wheel CB is bigger than the stock you will be okay, there won't be a difference. The only thing would be that instead of your wheels resting on your CB, the weight will go to the studs but it's not a big deal. Most aftermarket rims have a big CB so they can fit universally.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Josh Bell
i have a 2005 crv with 1.5 inch strut spaceres and 1 inch hub centric wheel spacers, but I have the stock rims with 225/75r16 tires. Since your wheel CB is bigger than the stock you will be okay, there won't be a difference. The only thing would be that instead of your wheels resting on your CB, the weight will go to the studs but it's not a big deal. Most aftermarket rims have a big CB so they can fit universally.
what lift spacer did u go with for the 2nd gen? do u need a camper kit ?
Old 11-26-2018, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I live in Canada, I bought mine from eBay since I couldn't really find any others for the second gen. But here is the link, it ships from Quebec. And no I did not need a camber kit, since my rear struts were kinda sagging and rusted I bought brand new strut assemblies for the read as well since the struts have rubber bushings that get ruined easily, it's cheaper just to buy a new assembly. Obivously I did have to get an alignment afterwards because it changes the suspension angles quite a bit. The only thing I found with this lift is that the rear lifts about 4 inches and the front lifts about 2.5 to 3 inches, this is due to the angle of the suspension.

Here is the link
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Strut-Lift-Kit-Spacers-1-1-2-Crv-02-06/202460601492?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3ACR-V%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2f23979c94:g:XQ4AAOSw9V5 a66oo
Old 11-26-2018, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the late reply by the way
Old 11-26-2018, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can see how the lift raises the back higher in this picture

Here is the 1 inch wheel spacers, with the 225/75r16 tires it doesn't push out the tires too much past the fenders but if you get some wider and a little smaller tires than mine it shouldnt rub.

Don't mind my bald *** tires on the back, I'm getting those replaced.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the late reply by the way
no. thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no. thanks
You're welcome, I uploaded a couple more pictures for you to see the lift in the rear, just waiting on the overview
Old 11-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here's a couple pics of my 2006 crv manual tranny . picked it up with 306000km . so far I've added an aftermarket double din and subwoofers. and replaced every fluid u can name. i have well visor window visors to install and I mite tint the widows . she drives very good for the high mileage. I bought it for winter after my 2016 accord was totalled. wondering if it's worth lifting so I can upgrade the tire and mayb wheels....

Old 11-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here's a couple pics of my 2006 crv manual tranny . picked it up with 306000km . so far I've added an aftermarket double din and subwoofers. and replaced every fluid u can name. i have well visor window visors to install and I mite tint the widows . she drives very good for the high mileage. I bought it for winter after my 2016 accord was totalled. wondering if it's worth lifting so I can upgrade the tire and mayb wheels....

I also have a double din and subs, I put my sub under the truck compartment with a small box so I don't loose room and it works surprisingly well
Old 07-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Hi guys here's my crv from the UK
Old 11-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can see how the lift raises the back higher in this picture

Here is the 1 inch wheel spacers, with the 225/75r16 tires it doesn't push out the tires too much past the fenders but if you get some wider and a little smaller tires than mine it shouldnt rub.

Don't mind my bald *** tires on the back, I'm getting those replaced.
I’m looking to run the same size tires on my crv 2006 same wheels as you, would you go with the 1” strut spacer or do you recommend the 1.5”like yours? I like that the strut doesn’t have to be dismantled but does look a tad bum high. I’m also in Ontario, Pickering to be exact. Do your tires rub with the wheel spacers? Not sure if it’s worth getting some ranger wheels or just going with wheel spacers..

thanks!
Old 12-10-2019, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just installed my 1.5” spacers on second gen, have some tire options at my disposal. 225/75R16 is what I have and want to run. Also have some 215/85R16 snow tires but not sure if to tall. Also have a set of 235/85R16 they’re probably way out but don’t know till you try. Should I opt for spacers and run stock wheels? Never been a fan of spacers but I assume bolt on ones are pretty safe these days. I think ideally I’ll be going with the 225/75R16 for now. Any advise is appreciated

Before lift

Lift spacers from Quebec 1.5”

After lift installed
Old 12-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crash, the lift looks good

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-03-2020, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin

Originally Posted by nj1001
2nd gen V's have 1/2" rear end sag which I am making up for by installing 3/8" rear spacers made from HDPE cutting boards that I'll cut to fit and will provide 1/2" additional lift to level it out perfectly.
Yeah, exactly. Due to the suspension geometry (cf. Archimedean lever), the lift height is always higher than the lift spacer.

But by how much? That's another question. However, what I'd like to know is that: what does this "rear end sag" really mean exactly? I'm also planning to give my CR-V a lift, so here's a couple of questions. Please excuse my ignorance. :-)

Beginning from the rear, if there exists a ½" "sag", should I fix that first? This is to say, a ⅜" rear lift spacer would do the job, right? But what's next?

If I wanted to continue with giving a lift and wanted to achieve — let's say, a lift of 1" — after fixing the sag, shoud I add — according to the suspension geometry — an extra spacer of ¾" (that'd result into the missing 1")? Well, of course I wouldn't add two separate spacers, but one of 1⅛" (⅜" + ¾", ca. 30 mm). In other words, is fixing the sag something I should do first before the "rear lifting" starts (i.e. before the vehicle actually starts to rise with respect to the wheel's centre bore)?

Or alternatively, should I take the first lift to fix the sag also into consideration, thus lifting only another ⅜" — that'd be, ¾" (ca. 20 mm) in total?

Thanks a lot in advance! :-)

Ps. This thread has been extremly informative to me, a newbie who practically has had to begin from the scratch! Cheers!

Last edited by joolvi; 02-07-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Clarified the meaurs (inches, mm)

Quick Reply: CRV lift kit or bigger tires? off roadin