Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

A/C Compressor not Kicking On and Off

Old 06-02-2015, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Compressor not Kicking On and Off

The cooling on my 2008 CRV is ok but I've noticed that the compressor is not turning on and off. It always run once you turn on the AC. My evaporator may freeze. What could be the problem? Is it the thermistor on the evaporator or the pressure switch on the ac tube line? Also, I've noticed that the low pressure pipe is not coming very cold but the A/C is still blowing cold air (but I feel it is not as cold as before).

I brought it to a shop and they put the gauges. The pressure on the Hot tube is on the RED (a little low pressure) but when you press the accelerator, the pressure will be on the GREEN. The cold side pressure is ok

Hope somebody can help me.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:25 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: A/C Compressor not Kicking On and Off

To help diagnose A/C systems it helps to have the actual pressures and ambient temperature at the time of testing. Colors mean nothing as it is part of their specific gauge set which sounds like the throw away ones from parts stores. There is a HIGH pressure side and a LOW pressure side. The shop you took it to should have been able to diagnose it right there on the spot. If they couldn't, then you need to take it to a shop that actually knows what they are doing with A/C systems.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The machine that they are using is the professional one. It is the one they use to extract vacuum and fill for the refrigerant. It is a huge machine.
The technician there told me that my compressor is already bad. But I just installed it less than 6 months and it is brand new OEM (Sanden) that is why I am seeking for other opinion.

But they cannot confirm why my compressor is not kicking on and off.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What was the reason for compressor replacement? If it was the typical A/C compressor explosions they are known for then you could have had debris in the system that worked it's way back into the pump. The system should be thoroughly cleaned any time it is opened, but all components aside from maybe the lines / hoses should be replaced if there was something like internal pump failure. Basically as much pertinent detailed information you can provide the better. Also, like I said before, the numbers will definitely help diagnosis.