Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Drago’s 2005 CRV mods..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drago’s 2005 CRV mods..

just got my 2005 crv ex-l, will update as I add stuff.. first few things on the list are coil overs for about a 2” drop, front left-right and windshield brow tint to match factory shade, headlights & grill change and add oem fog lights.. any comments and pointers will be much appreciated, especially any info on coil overs, I am seeking them out as we speak, so would love feed back on any experience or options on best set up, kits are a bit pricey but I like things that work the way they were built to together, but I try to keep an open mind.. anyway, thanks for any input and will try to add a photo as she sits stock..

Last edited by Dragowings; 01-22-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added photo..
Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drago’s 2005 CRV mods..

Old 01-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drago’s 2005 CRV mods..

So after some poking around I became curious about springs shocks sleeves & camber adjusters, with parts being sourced from different manufacturers, it can be done with some leg work tracking down parts, the draw back for my patience and ambition levels was I was worried I wouldn’t be getting the squat I was looking for after doing the leg work, so I was drawn back to the coilovers. With that being said, there are a tone of reviews and comments about a lot of low to midranged priced coilovers, and that can worry someone that is sreight up looking for cosmetics and daily driving vs.a weekend track set up. I have made the choice to go with Ksport Kontrol Pro KSP-CHD120-KP, most comfortable choice for me to dip my toe into the suspension upgrade pool. The comfort zones for me was built in camber adjustments for alignment, adjustable height so I can get the look I’m going for, and some options for adjusting dampening. I ordered directly from Ksport, in Arizona, and I almost got the feeling that there were better prices and swag to be had going direct to them, and they were super friendly and knowledgeable about the product. It should be delivered up here in Canada in 5 days, at a cost of aprox $1500cdn plus taxes, including shipping. I am also booked in tomorrow to get a car starter/alarm installed, as well as tint for my driver and passenger side windows to match the factory tint on the 3 rear windows, and a brow on the windshield... will post pictures once the coilovers are installed.