Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

*Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Originally Posted by usdm420
Yeah that seems like a ton of extra added weight for an already under powered B20. Looks killer though.
If I do ANYTHING, it'll probably just be some A/T's and maybe some Pro Comp steelies.
He did mention the lack of power in a previous post so I'm assuming he's done enough off roading to explore the limits of he build.

Berz out.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBerz
He did mention the lack of power in a previous post so I'm assuming he's done enough off roading to explore the limits of he build.

Berz out.
yes the weight was a concern of mine as the b series is gutless so everything is the as light as I could make it the roof rack and fuel rack are super light front and rear bumper are a bit heavier but all of it is under 200 pounds and on my trips I am loaded pretty good I have a winch on the front I have a 10000 pound come o long three ten foot 3.5 inch heavy straps shovel oil coolant power steering fluid brake fuild two full tool kits impact chainsaw cooler food 15 liters of water 40 liters of fuel clothes cooking surface pots pans beding and drove 3500 km 90% on truck roads and places like these

and If It had 4 low gears it probably would have made it lol but in all honesty I wasn't expecting to drive it back I was sure i was going to brake at least something but nope she just kept on going
Old 09-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I'd rather not do what you've done.

Curious though, how did you attach your front bumper? How much does your front bumper weigh compared to the stock bumper? How are your rear axles holding up?

And have you actually gone through anything more than fire roads, of which my stock CRV did equally without the mods you've done?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I'd rather not do what you've done.

Curious though, how did you attach your front bumper? How much does your front bumper weigh compared to the stock bumper? How are your rear axles holding up?

And have you actually gone through anything more than fire roads, of which my stock CRV did equally without the mods you've done?
everything is bolt on the front bumper bolts to the stock place and under where that cross bar went and about 50 pounds it's the heaviest piece and I have been in more demanding trails then the pictures It does very well in the mud and crazier trails driveline is weak and still is only a crv but I will admit it's not a vehicle I care about purely built to abuse so there is a good chance its been some places you wouldn't want yours to be
Old 09-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last time I posted I shared this.

I've got an Auto Gen 1 Sport, Lifted with Kingsprings on stock shocks which added about 30mm of lift however the rear still sags and the spring rate I feel is to low, Front 325lb Rear 210lb its current sitting on 15 x 8 negative 10 offset rims with 3mm spacers on the front to clear the caliper with 30.5inch x 9.5inch Mud Tyres. IT RUBS LIKE CRAZY, I've cut the usual spot infront of the rear wheels but still rubs like mad anyway, I've read so many threads and no one has a solution to finding truly longer shocks. Well I did.

Stock stock lengths
CRV Front KYB Part Number 341260 Extended 471mm Collasped 370mm
CRV Rear KYB Part Number 341261 Extended 577mm Collasped 398mm

ACCORD Front 341330 Extended 488mm Collasped 393mm
ACCORD Rear 341331 Extended 624mm Collasped 445mm

As you can see the Accord shocks are actually longer with the only difference being the top hats and the rear eye lid being 12.2mm instead of 10.1mm on our CRV's So to install on a CRV you use your CRV top hats on the Accord shocks and either have something milled to fit inside the 12.2mm eye lid so you can use your stock 10.1mm bolt or simply drill the current hole to 12.2mm, shave off the welded nut and weld a new 12mm one on.

KYB were the only group that were able to assist me with trying to find what could be modified to fit, I've checked all the spec's and I've seen forums where people have used CRV shocks in Accords to lower them, I also made a trip to the wreckers to see for myself and I see no issues so I've currently ordered.

Accord Shocks Front and Rear, 450lb 250mm 65mm ID Kingsprings for the front and 400lb 300mm 65mm ID Kingsprings for the rear and to make these springs fit and be adjustable I've ordered ADJUSTABLE COILOVER LOWERING SPRING SLEEVE INTEGRA 90-01 DA DB DC2.

When everything arrives ill update once we begin installation, but hopefully this will lift the car 2inches in the front and 2.5inches in the rear which should level the car while still having about an inch of droop providing the axels can handle it.

Well, I've done it. Only change to my plan is I still added spacers ontop of the struts. Next is Snorkel and bash plate
Old 09-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DJJKING

Last time I posted I shared this.

I've got an Auto Gen 1 Sport, Lifted with Kingsprings on stock shocks which added about 30mm of lift however the rear still sags and the spring rate I feel is to low, Front 325lb Rear 210lb its current sitting on 15 x 8 negative 10 offset rims with 3mm spacers on the front to clear the caliper with 30.5inch x 9.5inch Mud Tyres. IT RUBS LIKE CRAZY, I've cut the usual spot infront of the rear wheels but still rubs like mad anyway, I've read so many threads and no one has a solution to finding truly longer shocks. Well I did.

Stock stock lengths
CRV Front KYB Part Number 341260 Extended 471mm Collasped 370mm
CRV Rear KYB Part Number 341261 Extended 577mm Collasped 398mm

ACCORD Front 341330 Extended 488mm Collasped 393mm
ACCORD Rear 341331 Extended 624mm Collasped 445mm

As you can see the Accord shocks are actually longer with the only difference being the top hats and the rear eye lid being 12.2mm instead of 10.1mm on our CRV's So to install on a CRV you use your CRV top hats on the Accord shocks and either have something milled to fit inside the 12.2mm eye lid so you can use your stock 10.1mm bolt or simply drill the current hole to 12.2mm, shave off the welded nut and weld a new 12mm one on.

KYB were the only group that were able to assist me with trying to find what could be modified to fit, I've checked all the spec's and I've seen forums where people have used CRV shocks in Accords to lower them, I also made a trip to the wreckers to see for myself and I see no issues so I've currently ordered.

Accord Shocks Front and Rear, 450lb 250mm 65mm ID Kingsprings for the front and 400lb 300mm 65mm ID Kingsprings for the rear and to make these springs fit and be adjustable I've ordered ADJUSTABLE COILOVER LOWERING SPRING SLEEVE INTEGRA 90-01 DA DB DC2.

When everything arrives ill update once we begin installation, but hopefully this will lift the car 2inches in the front and 2.5inches in the rear which should level the car while still having about an inch of droop providing the axels can handle it.

Well, I've done it. Only change to my plan is I still added spacers ontop of the struts. Next is Snorkel and bash plate
that thing is boss ! Great job but as you saying how steep is your cv angle I tryed a two inch strut spacer at the beginning but my cv boots end up tearing from the extreme angle and I found my crv stocks had to preload to bolt up and was very stiff with these different shocks do you have same problem ?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've only driven about 1000 km's so far with it finished like this, it spat out a bit of crease in the rear joints but otherwise seems okay. but then again when I did the lift I replaced all the CV's expecting them to need to be done more often with the angle of the shaft, but I don't feel its to much however I can't see a way to lift it anymore the front at full drop leaves the top arm about 1mm from the spring and It was an absolute mission to get the rear struts to actually go in, without a hoist, multiple jacks and mates I doubt it would be possible. It drives basically fine with such heavy spring rates because the wheels have a large offset now, Negative 10, 15 x 8 rims with 15mm hubcentic spacers.

Off Road it's actually pretty impressive, only problem was the fork piece that clamps on the bottom of the front struts slid up the shock strut under heavy hard 4wd'n so yesterday we pulled it apart and welded in a collar above where the fork clamps onto the strut so it can't happen again.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

New shoes - AR35 15x7 (0 offset) / BFGs 215/75/15

New shoes tasting muddy ground for the first time! Not done with upgrading, so stay tuned for more uploads when parts get installed! I didn't use any lift springs or strut spacers, but now I realize that i should and it'll make life easier than having to always cut corners and living with the minor fixes every week. Any help or advice from my fellow lifted V owners would be appreciated!! Thanks guys and just know that everyone here has a part in me and my V getting modded, cheers y'all
Old 10-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Camping this weekend.
Had the V out this weekend camping. Testing out my new fox wing awning. It folded out and set up in literally three minutes. Hope everyone is having fun.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dylan_819
yes the weight was a concern of mine as the b series is gutless so everything is the as light as I could make it the roof rack and fuel rack are super light front and rear bumper are a bit heavier but all of it is under 200 pounds and on my trips I am loaded pretty good I have a winch on the front I have a 10000 pound come o long three ten foot 3.5 inch heavy straps shovel oil coolant power steering fluid brake fuild two full tool kits impact chainsaw cooler food 15 liters of water 40 liters of fuel clothes cooking surface pots pans beding and drove 3500 km 90% on truck roads and places like these

and If It had 4 low gears it probably would have made it lol but in all honesty I wasn't expecting to drive it back I was sure i was going to brake at least something but nope she just kept on going
Wow! Love that front bumper!
Can you post a picture of the rear bumper?

Where can I get bumpers like that & how much?
Old 10-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He custom made them all.

Berz out.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He custom made them all.

Berz out.
I figured but was hoping he would offer to sell or build?
Old 10-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still here
Old 10-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's the rack on the back bumper? Damn looks pretty shiny still wow.

Berz out.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's the rack on the back bumper? Damn looks pretty shiny still wow.

Berz out.

Just my fishing rod holder
Old 10-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blanco'03
Wow! Love that front bumper!
Can you post a picture of the rear bumper?

Where can I get bumpers like that & how much?
it's just a bash rig but it turned out not bad they where zero ***** given when building it so it could be a lot nicer but ive just been playin lol I just did this stack for fun got it wedged between two trees which bent the rub rail but that's what it was for

Old 10-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like it served it's purpose! Must have been a tight fit. lol

Berz out.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like it served it's purpose! Must have been a tight fit. lol

Berz out.
it's sure was lol ended up dropping 1 of 2 60 foot trees directly ontop of it .....thank god for the roof rack crushed a little bit of the hood but was happy I didn't crush the roof so I say it's still a win me and a couple buds are going out bashing again tonight so I'll take some pics of it in action
Old 10-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like you could add some cross pieces beside the door bars to prevent them from bending in like that.

Berz out.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like you could add some cross pieces beside the door bars to prevent them from bending in like that.

Berz out.
ya that was first thought but I left open so it would bend and not transfer the energy to the body and it worked no damage to the uni
Old 10-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dylan_819
ya that was first thought but I left open so it would bend and not transfer the energy to the body and it worked no damage to the uni

Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like fun! Get any vids?

Berz out.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Trial User

Hi everybody,

I have a year 2000 and would like to get some all terrain style wheels without having to get spacers or lift it (can't spend the additional money/time right now). According to Discount Tire, the options are:

-15" x 8" with a +45-55 offset
-15" x 7" with a +40 offset

Only problem is I can't find anything with these specs. I love the Cragar Soft 8's and would be happy with something similar.

Any advice?
Old 10-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everyone,

I want to get the cragar rims(0 offset) along with A/T tires(215/75r15) but really don't want to lift my V. Do you guys think trimming the fender would solve rubbing issue? Or am I destine to lift if I want those rims and tires?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys I couldn't wait any more. Fist I wanted to say a huge thanks to all you guys. I've read this whole thread. 90% of my information has been from here. I still need to get the tires on but the lift is in! More to come.

Quick Reply: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*