Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

here it is my second CR-V

Old 08-26-2016, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Benny Bao;51004655]I made a mistake on the wheels and now it's sticking out more than what I like it to be.
This needs a bit of boost to haul this tires.
Saving up some money for boost.

no mistake just fender flare it lol
Old 09-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys! so i bought my CR-V a couple months ago, the first picture is literally 20 minutes after i bought her. the second one is now. its a 97 with the glorious automatic trans. unfortunately when i was looking for a crv, i didnt have time to look for a 5 speed one. but anyways, right now shes sitting at stock height on some 215/75/15 BFGOODRICH T/A Ko2's which are great, highly recommend for anyone looking into getting some offroad tires, it was like night and day compared to my old tires. also, ive always liked the look of red mudflaps on other cars, i just couldnt bring myself to spend $150 on ralliart mudflaps. so i went down to ikea and picked up some cutting boards for around $10 total and cut them to fit. honestly i did it more of a joke but i cant complain about how it looks. I've been pretty much scanning this forum for the last 2 months on the best way to lift these things, and i think ive just decided to go with the strut spacers, ive got a guy locally who makes them for $200 per set, in any size i want. ill probably be getting those after an upcoming anniversary... ( she has expensive taste ) and i think im going to record an in depth/detailed video just cause i havent seen one yet and i think it would help out a lot of people. but anyways, here she is!

Last edited by seearevee; 09-05-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: deleted half my text by accident, had to re-type
Old 09-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very impressed where you can take these things but i have found their limit fot stock power lol

Originally Posted by seearevee

Hey guys! so i bought my CR-V a couple months ago, the first picture is literally 20 minutes after i bought her. the second one is now. its a 97 with the glorious automatic trans. unfortunately when i was looking for a crv, i didnt have time to look for a 5 speed one. but anyways, right now shes sitting at stock height on some 215/75/15 BFGOODRICH T/A Ko2's which are great, highly recommend for anyone looking into getting some offroad tires, it was like night and day compared to my old tires. also, ive always liked the look of red mudflaps on other cars, i just couldnt bring myself to spend $150 on ralliart mudflaps. so i went down to ikea and picked up some cutting boards for around $10 total and cut them to fit. honestly i did it more of a joke but i cant complain about how it looks. I've been pretty much scanning this forum for the last 2 months on the best way to lift these things, and i think ive just decided to go with the strut spacers, ive got a guy locally who makes them for $200 per set, in any size i want. ill probably be getting those after an upcoming anniversary... ( she has expensive taste ) and i think im going to record an in depth/detailed video just cause i havent seen one yet and i think it would help out a lot of people. but anyways, here she is!
Old 09-15-2016, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi...question about your tires and when you were sitting on stock suspension, did you experience any tire rubbing in the wheel wells? Did you use any wheel spacers? What offset are your wheels? I just ordered some wheels 15x7 5x4.5 with 215/75/15 ko2s and the offset is at 0, which brings the wheel/tire out 4" from hub. I'm not sure if I'm gonna need wheel spacers or strut spacers, maybe for added height clearance? Anyway, your V looks good! I'm gonna post pics of mine once the wheels/tires are installed, post a before and after like how you did.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kenkun808
Hi...question about your tires and when you were sitting on stock suspension, did you experience any tire rubbing in the wheel wells? Did you use any wheel spacers? What offset are your wheels? I just ordered some wheels 15x7 5x4.5 with 215/75/15 ko2s and the offset is at 0, which brings the wheel/tire out 4" from hub. I'm not sure if I'm gonna need wheel spacers or strut spacers, maybe for added height clearance? Anyway, your V looks good! I'm gonna post pics of mine once the wheels/tires are installed, post a before and after like how you did.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes I rub ed really hard I'm not sure what size my tires are but I know they are almost 30 inches tall and I have a 2inch lift in the back and 1.5 in the front and rims with the same off set as you the back ones fit fine as there are drum brakes and no caliper but the front has a funky caliper and it did hit my rim so I had to space the front out 3/8 on either side and get arp longer studs then do to the very good turning radius I still had to hammer back my wheel well a little bit but those tires are almost 3inchs taller but it was worth it for a pretry one a kind crv

Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dylan_819
yes I rub ed really hard I'm not sure what size my tires are but I know they are almost 30 inches tall and I have a 2inch lift in the back and 1.5 in the front and rims with the same off set as you the back ones fit fine as there are drum brakes and no caliper but the front has a funky caliper and it did hit my rim so I had to space the front out 3/8 on either side and get arp longer studs then do to the very good turning radius I still had to hammer back my wheel well a little bit but those tires are almost 3inchs taller but it was worth it for a pretry one a kind crv

super duper, thanks for the info!! Now when I go to install these new wheels/tires, I'll know what to tell the guys who will be installing them, what else I'm going to need to complete my conversion safely
Old 09-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

super duper, thanks for the info!! Now when I go to install these new wheels/tires, I'll know what to tell the guys who will be installing them, what else I'm going to need to complete my conversion safely
nice V btw! Noticed how you chose a different snorkel setup, not through the front fender well but straight up from firewall side...how easy was it to align and secure??
Old 09-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice V btw! Noticed how you chose a different snorkel setup, not through the front fender well but straight up from firewall side...how easy was it to align and secure??
Old 09-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya I actually built everything on my crv from my lift the bumpers, fuel rack, and spare tire guard, rub rails, roof rack and snorkel. I had to relocate my windsheild washer reservoir so I decided to route the intake up that way so I didn't hit it as I brush up against things (which helped on my trips this summer a lot of trails got very tight) but also my reservoir fit nicely where My intake box used to be! But that snorkel is 3.5 inch exhaust tubing same diameter as a cold air intake and I made a custom mount and it works perfect the filter is on top now so I made a filter guard aswell to keep mud and snow from getting to the filter .......and not to mention the sound the intake makes being up there is magical
Old 09-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you post some pics of your side guards. Those look pretty awesome. You did what a lot of Jeep guys are doing to their Rigs and I like it.

Berz out.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a
Originally Posted by BigBerz
Can you post some pics of your side guards. Those look pretty awesome. You did what a lot of Jeep guys are doing to their Rigs and I like it.

Berz out.
this is all I got for now I will have to do a run through once I finish my exhaust
Old 09-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Beautiful work. Love how it curves with the body. Did you mount to the stock bar location underneath? Some pics of mounting would be greatly appreciated.

Berz out.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Beautiful work. Love how it curves with the body. Did you mount to the stock bar location underneath? Some pics of mounting would be greatly appreciated.

Berz out.
I made a mount plate and bolted it in underneath the front chasy braces and then in the back I ended up just welding it to the chasy brace

Old 09-21-2016, 07:39 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Time to read through this thread....I got myself back into a CRV for my daily. I missed having a fun little beater vehicle to toy with.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting choice. I wonder if the stock 3 nerf bar mounting points would have served the same purpose. Yours looks very beefy though so I doubt it. I'm guessing you can stand on there no problem with it like that?

Berz out.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by usdm420
Time to read through this thread....I got myself back into a CRV for my daily. I missed having a fun little beater vehicle to toy with.
Hey welcome back! I gotta post up some current pics of my V. Maybe I'll get it muddy and do that this weekend lol Oh and ouch calling our pride and Joys Beaters hah

Berz out.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:44 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Sorry man lol
I had a first gen and I had so much fun with that thing!
Can't wait for Winter....gonna romp this baby in the snow/mud like the good ol days.

My old one:

Old 09-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting choice. I wonder if the stock 3 nerf bar mounting points would have served the same purpose. Yours looks very beefy though so I doubt it. I'm guessing you can stand on there no problem with it like that?

Berz out.
ya you actually jump on them I wanted them to serve multi purpose so if I was ever stuck you can rock the whole vehicle they strong enough to have 400 pounds jumping on each side ( try ed and tested with that weight )also are pulling points for tough angles and for rubbing on trees and other **** you don't want hitting the body and I left them hollow without supports to the outside bar so it would flex and bend with hard hits and will not transfer the energy to the body and I wanted to be able to walk around the vehicle to hook up winch points without having to walk through deep mud
Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

yasass USDM joins the club again

2nd gen kinda sucks for cool mods like the 1st gen has

You won't be disappointed with it though, I love ours.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy
yasass USDM joins the club again

2nd gen kinda sucks for cool mods like the 1st gen has

You won't be disappointed with it though, I love ours.
there are cool mods for every gen .... you just have to build them 🖒
Old 09-21-2016, 12:46 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

I'd rather not do what you've done.

Curious though, how did you attach your front bumper? How much does your front bumper weigh compared to the stock bumper? How are your rear axles holding up?

And have you actually gone through anything more than fire roads, of which my stock CRV did equally without the mods you've done?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:15 PM
816d16 owes me money!

Yeah that seems like a ton of extra added weight for an already under powered B20. Looks killer though.
If I do ANYTHING, it'll probably just be some A/T's and maybe some Pro Comp steelies.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm also curious as to the overall added weight. Any guesses on how much all that Metal put on?

Berz out.

Quick Reply: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*