Notices

WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good

So I made a thread a few days ago about a hard hard metal on metal grinding form my fromnt end, it wasnt a constant noise but more of a spiratic here and there for one second here one second there type of thing

I noticed my drivers axle was kind of out of the tranny, maybe 3/16" or so of shinny metal showing. So I figured I just didnt install it right

So today I take the drivers axle out and I literally just popped it out with one hand, just pulled and out she came, there was no c-clip on the end of the axle. I dont remember seeing it or not or did it fall off in the tranny?

Also a few pieces of whatfeels like plastic came out with it, there in a circular shape, light brown colour and would probably make a 2" diameter piece that looks like a castle nut if it was fully formed (but only about 1/3 of the piece fell out.

Also a bit of what seemed like a ******* sos pad came out, all bundled up and clumped together with the plastic piece

I feel in the tranny and nothing feels weird so I proceed to reinstall the axle,
grab another clip, put it on and reinstall the axle, took a few good shoves to get it in there and I couldnt pull it back out so I was satisfied and put everything back together

So everythings back together, wheels on the car and its jacked up. I spin the drivers side wheel and it turns no problem then stops, turn it back the other way and it stops, like it kinda locks, you can overcome the stop with a good bit of force. Kinda weird

I spin the passenger side wheel FORWARD and the drivers side wheel doesnt move. I spin the passenger wheel BACKWARD and the drivers wheel starts rotating backwards

I have no idea whats oging on, figured Id go for a drive.

So in reverse down my big driveway I hear nothing, purring like a ******* kitten, no noises no nothing

As soon as I start moving forward **** hits the ******* fan and theres the griding again, goes for a sec then stops, goes then stops, shift, little grind. Slightly different noises everytime to. When driving part throttle you can feel a kind of clunk in the shifter, like somethings hitting it.

I dont know what else to describe. Is it the axles? Tranny? Install? Somethings screwed and I need help, I need to drive this car

Thanks guys
Old 05-24-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (PINKS)

sounds like the tranny ate the c clip and the syncros too?!?!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (sam385)

Tranny shifts like butter still, you can just feel something in the shifter when its in gear, like someone is hitting the end of the shifter
Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (PINKS)

drain the fluid and check for glitter
Old 05-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Alright expletive it, this cars the biggest money pit

I cant even just find any old d16 tranny either can I? Ive got a 6 puck sprung clutch that I absolutely must keep

The car is an 88 Crx Si, the trans I believe is a 89-91 I'll have to check my pm's for what lsd mike told me

Finding a crx tranny around here could take freaking weeks
Old 05-24-2006, 05:23 PM

Old 05-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where do you live?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (SomeDude56)

canada, butfuck knowwhere
Old 05-24-2006, 07:11 PM

well i got two tranny if you like one from an 89 hatch, and an 90 crx for sell if you want one but i live in cali.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (bizzaro_29)

Yeah that can't be a coincidence that you've got **** falling out of your transmission and it's also making crazy sounds & grinding and ****.....

It's one thing after the next isn't it?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (mahatma)

almost sounds like the axle is stripped but i dont no mabey it stripped the differental
Old 05-25-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (boostedSI90hatc

you promised pix, but there are none? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: WTF Just Fell Out of My Tranny!!! *PIC* Somethings Grinding - This Cant Be Good (boostedSI90hatc

I left my camera with the broken car lol

Looking for a tranny now
Old 05-25-2006, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PINKS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I left my camera with the broken car lol

Looking for a tranny now</TD></TR></TABLE>

I DEMAND PHOTOS!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try the westcoast some places here are dirt cheap for d-series tranny's. A decent wrecker here only charges $300 for a tranny. This place Chilliwack Pick-a-Part is the absolute cheapest wrecker ever. We go there just to see whats there and impulse buy it's so cheap. We have also built a couple cheap junkyard turbo setup's with hf manifolds from there for less than $200. Some wreckers here do ship so if you are stuck in "butfuck knowwhere" maybe someone can greyhound you a transmission and not gouge you too bad.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are paying more than $300 CDN for a cable d-series tranny you are paying too much! As a side note I do happen to have 2 dx hydro trannys sitting in my shop and 1 hydro si though I doub't those are much use to you.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can find you a Si or Dx tranny near and around Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph/Cambridge area for about 200$ or less. Email me if your interested or in my area. I might actually have a few kicking around.