Notices

Intake Manifold ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Manifold ?

i know there has been prob. a lot of talk about intake manifolds during the past few weeks, me asking a few, but so please don't flame me if i missed something. ok i picked up a y8 intake manifold for my swap. i was just going to polish out my a6 and use it till i could afford a skunk2, but from what is being said i am just as well off using the y8 as i will be w/ the skunk2. so i came across a ceal on a y8 manif. for $60 and grabbed it up! but now comes my question. what do i have to do the make it work? do i have to change and sensors? or? i did get a new gasket just to be sure, but what about the idal control and what not? and i use my fact. throttlebody... correct? i used my 90si harness for my swap, if that helps in finding some good awnsers. please help. thanks
Old 04-28-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Intake Manifold ? (whitey_4g)

its kinda hard to understand what your asking,yes you use your stock stuff with the intake manifold...make sure you put it all back together properly..good luck
Old 04-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Intake Manifold ? (whitey_4g)

The IACV should be mounted on the back of the Y8 manifold on the side where the throttle body is. If you don't have it, or don't have the manifold that has holes for it then you purchased the Y8 manifold from an automatic tranny car. i'm not sure what you will have to do to make the auto manifold work without modification. I know some people have drilled the appropriate ports into the manifold and used them like that.

If you have the manual one and it's complete with sensors, then use all the sensors that are on it. You should be able to use the Y8 throttle body or most B-series throttle bodies as well. Since you are continuing to use your A6 ECU then just swap out the injectors for your A6 injectors.

You will also need to relocate your intake temp sensor. The common way to do this is to put a hole in your intake arm and mount it there... kinda flimsy, but it works.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake Manifold ? (4drEF)

sorry about bunching all of my questions together like that. the y8 manifold is off a manual. so i will use the exsiting sensors on it? is that right?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4drEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You will also need to relocate your intake temp sensor. The common way to do this is to put a hole in your intake arm and mount it there... kinda flimsy, but it works.</TD></TR></TABLE>
the temp sensor? thats the sensor on the side opp. of my tb. correct?