Track/Street ED6 Build - Page 2 - Honda-Tech

Track/Street ED6 Build

Old 10-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #26
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Track/Street ED6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo9GSR View Post

I was snooping around the shop and i saw 4 mysterious boxes on a shelf. Before even opening them I asked my father if I can have them. He said sure they are just steel wheels. Opened them up and found these
Is that lug pattern the same as what your Civic is? I have the same wheels on my Civic and we definitely have different lug patterns.

Last edited by Stretch7; 10-17-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Stretch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:06 AM   #27
Honda-Tech Member

Yea. The studs and hub all line up. I just have to get longer wheel studs. Ima do that when I do the rear brakes
Evo9GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo9GSR View Post
Yea. The studs and hub all line up. I just have to get longer wheel studs. Ima do that when I do the rear brakes
Gotcha. I have 4x120, so I wasn't sure about yours. What did the box say they were?

Here are mine:

Stretch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #29
Honda-Tech Member

My box says 4x100. Looks good on the old school. I just picked up the 4th wheel and completed my set today.

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 10-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #30
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemananana View Post
I was reading another thread and you said you didn't stay with the stock oiling system on the Y7 for long. What did you change it to?
I forgot to respond to your question sorry bro. I have a y8 oiling system. Pump, feed, etc.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:05 PM   #31
Honda-Tech Member

Long time since I've posted in this thread. But between school, military service, and moving, things have been taking all my time. But I've been stacking up on some quality parts. First off, i changed my look on suspension. I ended up going with tokico blues and ground controls. Also got my hands on some blackworks control arms. Along with those snatched up a wooden steering wheel in flawless condition for free! Only missing the horn button. Now I'm just waiting to purchase some top hats, custom 3" exhaust piping, and waiting to receive my d16z6 intake manifold to send it off to get ported along with the head and exhaust. Here are some pics to hold you guys off till then!

Here is the wood steering wheel. In the back you can see my other obsessions lol

Blackworks control arms. Thanks to bennyblanco914!

Groung controls. Thanks again racejunke13!

The Tokico/GC set up

Im waiting to get everything I need for each section so i only have to go in once. So the suspension wont be on until i get the rear discs, stainless brake lines, skunk2 camber kit, etc.

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 09-27-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #32
Honda-Tech Member

Back again with a big update actually. Well first things first on the blue hatch I picked up some new front speakers and speaker covers from a pick and pull in south jersey. Woke up yesterday to a phone call from my brother saying that he sees another ef hatch going on a tow truck. I told him to run over and ask about it. About an hour later the hatch was mine!! also i should be picking up a k20 this week if this deal sticks!!

Car came with infinity 6.5 so I swapped to Kicker 6.5 2 way speakers.

Speaker cover from the pick and pull

Found a set of these at the shop too. Ive seen them getting popular so I might re polish them

Well the basic run down on the hatch is that she's a 91 civic dx with a blue interior. Leather seats for the front and rear but the rear seats and carpet have been taken out (I have them sitting in the shop). Car came with Si wheels (no tread on tires), blackworks purple hoodrisers, blackworks purple extended lugs, Function 7 LCAs, lowered on what looks like ebay springs and some painted shocks (look OEM), 2.25 inch exhaust (barely because its slammed), some headers and an intake. I will take more pictures monday when I can actually spend time with the cars.

Her sitting in front of my brothers built e30

I CANNOT STAND HOW LOW IT IS

Took 45 minutes to get her up because the lift arms wouldnt fit under the car. I had to drive up on 2x4's

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 09-23-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #33
Steve at Heart

How do you like the GC/Tokico combo? What spring rate did you go with?

New car looks like a straight body, nice find. What visors are on the doors?
Bently_Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #34
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
How do you like the GC/Tokico combo? What spring rate did you go with?

New car looks like a straight body, nice find. What visors are on the doors?
I'm waiting on some extended top hats to throw on the ground control setup. Probably gonna put it on the white hatch since it's entirely too low. Plus it will be daily driven. I believe the rates were 240/380 if I remember correct? I'll check Monday. As for the visors I have no idea the car came with them. I'll ask the previous owner.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #35
Steve at Heart

Do the visors say Honda on them?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #36
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Do the visors say Honda on them?
No. they are not oem.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:14 AM   #37
Honda-Tech Member

Domo doll, aftermarket LCAs, rising sun sticker...

Mad JDM yo.

Please raise it! haha. Also, those spring rates seem pretty low. I'm surprised you went so soft. I'd expect the stiffer spring to be up front too.
Freemananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:48 AM   #38
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Domo doll, aftermarket LCAs, rising sun sticker...

Mad JDM yo.

Please raise it! haha. Also, those spring rates seem pretty low. I'm surprised you went so soft. I'd expect the stiffer spring to be up front too.
Yea the spring rates are a little soft but I can't complain for the price I paid. I'm definitely going to be picking up some new springs. I might end up putting the GCs on the white daily since they are soft and put tiens or skunk2 on the blue one.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:32 AM   #39
Honda-Tech Member

Tiens or skunk2? That's a pretty wild difference, both in performance and price. Why not just get another set of GC sleeves but with different spring rates? They are hard to beat for the price.
Freemananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #40
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Tiens or skunk2? That's a pretty wild difference, both in performance and price. Why not just get another set of GC sleeves but with different spring rates? They are hard to beat for the price.
I mean I've her good things about both of them. I've seen tiens and skunk2 going for 150-160 brand new. And I paid around there for my ground controls. If I can find GCs at that price then hands down I would buy those. I'm actually going to pick up some springs I bought today. Yea they are eBay brand but for 10 bucks I can't say a damn thing lol. Plus they will put the car at a manageable height.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #41
Honda-Tech Member

Well today I got a couple things done. Well for starters I decided to change the project up a little. Ever since the start of this thread and me getting more into my blue hatch I realized two things. First, I wanted another hatch. The irony is I actually wanted a white one lol. The second thing I realized is that I wanted a show car that's quick around the track. But I figured I would just split the build and make the white hatch more for racing and the blue hatch for shows so it would give me a little more room on limitations. So technically the thread will be documenting both builds. Now on to updates! I touched up the bay on the white hatch. I also picked up some new ebay springs for 10 bucks. Not permanently staying on but at least I will be able to jack the car up without wood. On top of that I picked up some recaro seats for a steal. They need to be redone but I'm planning on putting them in the white hatch. I'm still waiting on this deal to fall with these engines but I will keep you guys posted!

Got the headlight clip fixed and the bulb changed. Also took out the orange fitting in the blinkers.

New filter I had laying around since the old one is banged up pretty bad

Also threw on a blue valve cover I had from the original motor of my blue hatch. I think the bay is starting to look better.

New springs compared to old

This picture actually shows how short the springs were. Looks like the previous owner hit a bad pothole because the foam bushing is crushed to the top of the shock. The shock itself is crushed and has holes. So im going to replace all the springs and take one of the factory shocks when i put the Tokico/GC setup on the blue hatch.

New D16z6 intake manifold with STR fuel rail and B&M Command flow FPR. Got the rail and the FPR from a new military friend boostn92vx. (this set up will be going on the blue hatch)

I got the rear seats and trunk carpet since the white hatch was basically gutted when I got it. Installed it that day.

Recaros I picked up for $50

I'm gonna put these in the white hatch. Gonna go with a burgundy interior kind of like the sedans.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #42
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty short but good update. Picked up a k20a3 for the low price of free lol. Planning on eventually putting it in the white hatch. But for now im going to just tear it down and see what it looks like. Had about 80k when pulled. Also finished up mounting a spare h22 TB onto the z6 manifold. I thought swapping the manifolds would be easy and I was terribly wrong. Im still figuring out where to run some of these lines since the car was wired by Wired Electronics in Linden. When the y7 was put in they made some modifications that werent supported but now are so its a PITA. More updates later this week.

The z6 almost complete to drop in.

The k20a3 came out of an RSX. I know its not the best K out there but its a start. Im still not sure where Im heading with this. I was thinking of porting the head then adding a k24 bottom end with a Type S trans. But im definitely interested in supercharging it at some point!
Old 10-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #43
Steve at Heart

Check out CRX bump stops, they work good for lowering cars.

Updates look good.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #44
Keyboard Humorist

I think you made a mistake with those 'new' springs.
They look like they are thinner diameter rod and they are obviously a lot lower.
You may want to read up on matching shock valving and spring rates before throwing money into more shocks and springs to make sure you are making good purchases.
4drEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #45
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think I was clear. The grey ones are the ones going on for now. That's not going to be the permanent suspension set up. But it raises the car high enough to get it up on the lift and actually drive peacefully. I'm looking into KYB for the white hatch. As for springs probably another set of GC's
Old 11-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #46
Honda-Tech Member

Update today. Ive been trying to get the white hatch fixed up since she needs the most love right now. So I got a rear glass to replace the one that was busted. Also picked up a hood bra for a steal. Most importantly I picked up a GR-2/Neuspeed set up off of a DC. Ive read that the rear shocks bolt up and front forks are needed but knowing honda its never that easy lol.

Picture of the hood bra

Got the new glass in.

New suspension. Ended up cleaning up nice.

New GR-2 vs Old blown stockies. As you can see the bottom on the stock ef shock (red) is larger than the GR-2. I believe I will be able to get it to fit without breaking it up so we will see what happens.

Come to find out I got real F7's. Does anybody know if powder coating them voids the warranty? It says removing the sticker voids the warranty but I wanna powdercoat them red. Maybe they can just send me new stickers?

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 02-12-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #47
Honda-Tech Member

nice
sr20paisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #48
Steve at Heart

You could PM them on here and ask.

Honda-Tech - View Profile: Function7
Old 11-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #49
Honda-Tech Member

Got the rear suspension on today. It stiffened up the car which I like. Also I called Function 7 and incase anyone was wondering, they said "if you want to powder coat them then remove the sticker but keep it!! We cannot warranty our products without that sticker!" So I'm going to have them powder coated and probably make copies of my stickers to put on to make it look nice. More pics Monday when I get the front suspension on!

Last edited by Evo9GSR; 11-16-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #50
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
You could PM them on here and ask.

Honda-Tech - View Profile: Function7
I was going to but I felt a little safer talking to them directly. Just a little OCD lol.