Notices

need help...the end of the shiftrod where it connects to the trans..there is no boot thing on it

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help...the end of the shiftrod where it connects to the trans..there is no boot thing on it

wats up guys

well at the end of my shift rod where the rod goes into the trans there is no little boot like most hondas have...

could this cause leaking? cuase i noticed today there was fresh looking oil on the ground and it had to be the trans fluid cuase i just freshly changed it 2months ago to syncromesh,

my question is...how hard is it to put this boot back in once i get it it probably involves removing the bitch pin but i got alot of friends that have various stuff they used
Old 10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will not having the boot cause trans fluid to leak???? i noticed some fluid on the ground when i parked it in the garage its not engine oil smells like gear oil to me and its very clear cause i just changed it , i put a piece of paper underneath the oil parn area and no leak

ttt
Old 10-31-2004, 10:12 PM

Default Re: (Ba4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ba4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will not having the boot cause trans fluid to leak???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

no.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sigh...now i have to figure out where this damn leak is coming from i work at a delaerhip and everytime i rack my car up i never see no leaks, maybe its the drain bolt washer or something for the trans..., could the rear main seal be leaking?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: (Ba4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ba4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sigh...now i have to figure out where this damn leak is coming from i work at a delaerhip and everytime i rack my car up i never see no leaks, maybe its the drain bolt washer or something for the trans..., could the rear main seal be leaking?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I highly doubt it's leaking from the boot area.

I doubt it's your rear main seal also.

I bet it's leaking from a spot higher up on the block, like from the oil filter, or somewhere up near the head gasket.. When you look for leaks, make sure you don't just look at the base of the engine.. because not all leaks will drip all the way down, sometimes they find a lip to drip off of before they get down that far..

if it doesn't leak too much just ignore it until the problem becomes obvious, like your engine oil is low, etc..

most leaks are not such a big deal really, just kind of annoying. Just wait till the problem gets worse, and then it's an easy diagnosis.

you stated above that it WAS trans fluid that was leaking. if you're 10000% sure that it is trans fluid, then I'd make sure to get that **** taken care of. You don't want to run low on that and since there's really no way to check the fluid level it's kind of just guesswork..

basically what I'm saying is dont' bother worrying about it unless it's the trans fluid.

and yes i realize i talk too ******* much.