Notices

Project thread ::Turbo Dan:: Sir front end on CRX + how-to on installing ITR wheel

Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Project thread ::Turbo Dan:: Sir front end on CRX + how-to on installing ITR whee

More progress:

Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Project thread ::Turbo Dan:: Sir front end on CRX + how-to on installing ITR whee

FINALLY got my intercooler replacement....
Had to drive to the US border to pick it up tho, pain, 3.5 hours each way
dinged with tons of fees, but at least i've got it now.

anyway,
So here are the updates, fitted the intercooler really loosely so that I can find out generally where the endtank ports will sit so that I can finish routing and welding the pipes in place.

So this is all I have for now:

NOTE:
this intercooler fits like it was meant to be there from the factory, seriously, i just mocked it up by eye guessing at heights etc and i slid the bumper on and took pictures, no adjusting no nothing.

It clears the lower portion from the inner bumper area perfectly, like 1mm of space

Requires NO cutting of the bumper to mount this cooler, the pipes will require slight trimming of the lower backside of the bumper lip, but this will be minimal and not visible from the outside of the car.

So what do yall think? am I gettin there?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another exhausting day, welding, fitting, taping, marking, cutting etc....

my goodness this is tiring,
I feel really bad, my tac welds are horrible, It embarrassing how ugly they are and its hard to look at.

more pictures, cause everyone loves pictures:

Old 05-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Final update before welding, this is all the pipes I have created, a work of art imo.

anyway, they are all test fitted and ready to go, you can't begin to understand how relieved I am to be finally done cutting and welding and fitting and trimming.

man oh man.

enjoy, the next time you see them they will be welded up and I hope to have them sent for powder coating afterwards and once they are complete I will install them for final pictures, then engine bay will get a good cleaning and final pictures will be up with the car back on the ground and then some test drives with full boost.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went out and got all my coupler material and clamps, turned out the clamps came in just a hair too small so I have to go tomorrow and upgrade one size larger.

Everything fit up perfectly, the last thing I'll have to do is brace everything up, the intercooler needs a brace on either end and the two corner joints will have braces added going to the frame for support.

Took some pictures of the fit up with the new couplers, the passenger side airbox coupler I cut quite a bit too large and will have to trim that down a bit just so I don't have so much overkill.

So right now I am planning and trying to budget according to what method of painting I decide to go with.

Retained:
-stock horns on both sides in stock location
-OEM foglights
-stock washer reservoir

enjoy.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I managed to pick up a glass EF8 roof off a guy in Edmonton for $100

Yes, $100

As you can imagine, $100 is a very good deal in my eyes.
20$ Gas each way and $100 for the top = best day of my life.

Haha.
Not sure who is following my thread at all, but I will be posting pictures, right now the top is in my room but because its a pano and reflects everything in my room, I have to clean up before I take a picture because the picture will show my entire room all at once.

lol

So stoked, and he said he's gonna try to dig up a spare ceiling panel and map light that he thinks he has tucked away, and he'll be shipping them to me when/if he finds them!

What a score.

So guess what? This thread is gonna take a bit of a detour and you can stay tuned for what comes this summer, which will be a roof skin swap and glass install.

as promised: PICS

Who knew a stupid car part could bring so much excitement. :D
Old 05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The CRX needs to come off the jack stands and fire up, and get out into the world again.

Stitched her up all back together, Clamped down all the charge pipes, missing one or two clamps before it will hold any more than 2psi.

You can tell by the dust how long it's been sitting.
I pulled it out and washed it off a bit....

The pictures with the hood down, the hood isn't shut its just latched.
the battery is in a dangerous position as you can see and i didn't want to take any changes lowering the hood only to posts.

enjoy:

Old 05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you every come across another $100 glassroof PM me PLEASE!!!! LOL

Looks like a nice build you got going there. I hate your red rex had to come to an end like that, but it looks like the white one is going to be a good replacement.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Who the fack changed my title?!

decent build. the only 2 things im concerned about is the rims and the paint job.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't really call it a paint job, but I agree that it needs paint.
The rims I really love so I'm gonna rock them on and on.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Who the fack changed my title?!

i mean the white is nice but the whole car(including bay and trims etc) shoulda been painted. as for the rims, mabey i just gotta start warming up to them??? lol
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sh!ft
i mean the white is nice but the whole car(including bay and trims etc) shoulda been painted. as for the rims, mabey i just gotta start warming up to them??? lol
Just to make sure we're on the same page, the white is not paint, it's plastic.
When I actually get the car painted I will paint the bay and strip out the interior and the whole nine yards.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-acura-28/%24350-paint-job-poor-mans-paint-job-my-first-wrap-2494223/
Old 05-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Freakin sick when crxs have that SiR. On the baack.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sucks to see wat happened to the first one but nice way to come back at it even nicer
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy nice build
Old 06-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

photoshoot today, car looks really odd with wide front stance, but I just didn't have enough for suspension this summer, so I have to wait until next.

Finished wiring up my fog lights, thanks to Carlos (crx_si-r) for the pre-wired harness.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any updates??
Old 12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

pretty cool so far, the red one looked nice, sucks it looks like it had te **** rear ended out of it. ill check in for updates..
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

old and new:

Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update:

Things have been quite busy, no real time for the car at all.

At the end of the summer I managed to make it to a track day to run it and see what I could do with the new setup and new chassis.

I found out I need slicks...

Results:

I had big time wheel spin through first and second, I slipped the clutch off the line and had to feather both gears before finally getting into third and getting to business.
If the track was stickier I would have done a mid-low 14, and with slicks I'd be running low 14 to high 13.

Nevertheless, had a great time and now I know how what it takes to break 14's at this altitude.

15.406 @ 94.38 @ 11psi
15.014 @ 96.18 @ 13psi
15.095 @ 96.32 @ 13psi
14.780 @ 98.38 @ 15psi

My old shell did 13.8 @ 99mph on 9psi on the same tires, only lower altitude.
(yes, I was turning up the boost over 6psi over what it was when I ran my 13.9 and 13.8 with no tune, just a basemap for someone else on the internet.)
Dangerous as **** but I was determined to hit 14's even if it meant a rod through my hood.

my 13 sec runs were at 99 and 100mph so I'm right in line with that, but racing here my entire second gear goes up in smoke.
If I would be able to put power down in all of first and all of second gear I would be just cookin down the track.

Also, this was my first race with the new shell, full interior, both front seats, plus a back seat, and a sunroof. Also, stock suspension.

So I'm pretty happy with my time, it's pretty obvious the car would be a rocket ship with slicks.

My 14 sec run I limited third gear and blew off the vacuum line from my fuel pressure regulator on the rail. :D
Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats next for this build?

I will be starting my glasstop install in one week, and once that's done I will be purchasing full suspension (gc koni) and setting up my wide front stance with my j's racing fender flares.

So stay tuned to this build as I begin the glasstop, this is where it gets good.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant wait to see the glass top, your crx is frggin sweet bro keep up the work :]
Old 12-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so how is the wrap holding up?? lots of rock chips?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project thread ::Turbo Dan:: Sir front end on CRX + how-to on installing ITR wheel