Notices

new fuel pump code 0 no v to main relay plug ef b16

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new fuel pump code 0 no v to main relay plug ef b16

my pump stoped working on my car a b16a ef obd1 swap so i replaced it with a walbro 255 and it worked perfectly (car worked perfect previously) put the gas tank back on,started the car idled for a sec then died out and gave me a code 0 checked the pump that is okay(if it was shorting out it wouldnt work right?) checked wires with a multimeter going from the main relay plug to the ecu and they are okay. i also did a voltage test on all the wires with one working ecu and he code 0 ecu and the only wire im getting volts from ignition off and on is the 12v comming from the battery. there use to be a 12v coming from the blue and white from the ecu and i have no idea what happen . i checked the grounds, good. fuses are okay (what fuses should i look at besides the ecu fuse) . is it the ignition switch cause i can pull the key out with the car on. i need to be pointed in a direction because im stuck. is there something in the engine harness i should look at because mine is trashed. but i dont rember anything having to do with the fuel pump going into the engine bay. is it the ecu not giving the main relay a ground because there is a short somewhere else not related to the fuel circut. becuse to my knowledge the circut for fuel in the ef is in the cabin.also when i plug in the good ecu the code 0 goes away but still no volts at the plugs or no clicking of the relay. i know the relay is good plus i have two. i read on the relay and i am guessing its getting not power to the fist circut of the relay making the second circut not activate because of the ecu not offering certain wires for the first a proper ground because of the ignition switch or intermidiate ground . please gods of the ef chassis shine upon me im really stuck. thank you very much honda tech.