Notices

My EF old skool build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My EF old skool build

Whats up guys! I was searching for a new daily driver,and came across a 1991 ef hatch for $1300 in ST.Louis. Went to look at the vehicle,but it wasn't as great as the guy lead it up to be. So after that a few days passed and found a 1989 Honda Civic Wagovan up in Peoria,IL. Once I saw the vehicle in person, I instantly fell in love lol. The guy was asking $750 obo, but I stole it for $650 and been enjoying every minute with it.

Previous owner install air horns on it.

Cluttered the engine bay,so I removed them.

First upgrade (Password JDM oil drain plug silver)

B&M short throw shifter

TEIN S TECH lowering springs

Old gas cap

New gas cap

Doing a little de-badging

As you can see, I'm having issues holding up my rear license plate. the previous owner was using that wire cloths hanger,since the bolts got broken off inside the holes. I decided to fix this issue,and luckily had some mugen license plate bolts laying around from a previous build (1994 Integra RS)

Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My EF old skool build

It is a good start and did you already install the B&M shifter to ur car ? Does that B&M shifter shorter than ur stock shifter?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by M-benz
It is a good start and did you already install the B&M shifter to ur car ? Does that B&M shifter shorter than ur stock shifter?
Thank you. No I haven't installed the short throw yet. It originally was going in a 1994 civic dx hatch,but decided I wanted it in the wagovan for DD use lol. I left out that I ordered a weighted PWJDM shift ****, and it should be here tomorrow. I planned on installing the short throw and **** at the same time, if weather permits. Not to be an *******, but the way im reading your question regarding if the b&m shifter is shorter than stock length wise? no. The short throw is just a performance upgrade that make the throws between gears shorter/quicker.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Figured Id take some interior pics

Found my turn signal lenses

Finally got the PWJDM **** in the mail

Also got some new shoes as well. (GSR Blades)

Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sell those blades, the PWJDM junk/useless parts, and fund rust repair. why you paid $1600 for that rusty bondo pile and spend more money on stupid parts that don't make you go faster, look better, or improve function makes no sense.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OGxruiner
sell those blades, the PWJDM junk/useless parts, and fund rust repair. why you paid $1600 for that rusty bondo pile and spend more money on stupid parts that don't make you go faster, look better, or improve function makes no sense.
I believe that he paid $650 for it, not $1600. I also take issue with some of the part selection but whatever makes the guy happy. Somethings people can only learn by doing. I would get it cleaned up and tuned up and take a more systematic approach. Mugen license plate bolts and a PWJDM drain plug aren't helping but if they are laying around unused, why not. I would address the body work.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94IntegraRS
Not to be an *******, but the way im reading your question regarding if the b&m shifter is shorter than stock length wise? no. The short throw is just a performance upgrade that make the throws between gears shorter/quicker.
That exactly what I mean.... and thank you for ur explanation.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94IntegraRS
Not to be an *******, but the way im reading your question regarding if the b&m shifter is shorter than stock length wise? no. The short throw is just a performance upgrade that make the throws between gears shorter/quicker.
It actually is longer, but longer under the fulcrum (ball).
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you not read? First off it is a "build thread". Thought this was honda-tech not hater-tech. Where did you come up with $1600? Also the parts are actually pretty nice to have, since most were laying around from previous builds. If you don't have any useful information, or polite comments, dont be spam posting my thread.

Originally Posted by Scott91Hatch
I believe that he paid $650 for it, not $1600. I also take issue with some of the part selection but whatever makes the guy happy. Somethings people can only learn by doing. I would get it cleaned up and tuned up and take a more systematic approach. Mugen license plate bolts and a PWJDM drain plug aren't helping but if they are laying around unused, why not. I would address the body work.
Thank you, that all the guy above you had to say instead of making himself look bad. Yea, rust is the least of my worries at the moment as it is my daily driver.

Glad I could help

Originally Posted by asianflava
It actually is longer, but longer under the fulcrum (ball).
Ok well thanks for clearing that up for us
Old 06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cleaning up my girlfriends 89 DX hatch, eventually will have a D16 VTEC in it, etc.. LONG project though. Starting fairly well!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was multi-tasking, got my numbers mixed up. but regardless, waste of time and money......... and last i recall, this IS a PUBLIC forum and i can say whatever i want about my dislikes (and likes) towards any thread i want if you cannot accept criticism - good, bad, or indifferent, don't post here. simple as that.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was multi-tasking, got my numbers mixed up. but regardless, waste of time and money......... and last i recall, this IS a PUBLIC forum and i can say whatever i want about my dislikes (and likes) towards any thread i want if you cannot accept criticism - good, bad, or indifferent, don't post here. simple as that.
You're absolutely right but you really come across as a dick...just my opinion. Some people just like shitting in people's threads instead of using some tact. I really wouldn't call it an "old-school" build thread either but anyone with any awareness can tell that the guy is just excited about his new ride. I'm sure that everyone has done things to their car that they'd like to forget but on down the road people who can offer constructive criticism will get farther than people who just want to rain on someone's parade. I bet in the future half those mods go away...if you could read you would know that most of it was laying around from previous builds so why not throw it on?

Just my opinion since it's a public forum and all...
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This thing could be beyond awesome! Hatchback sleeper.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 AM
I said I don't want a title!

What's up with this forum and folks putting on needless bling parts before actually addressing maintenance and rust/body work?

I know it was a $650 car, but goodness...if you really like the car the money you saved on the purchase should be put toward making it run and look better.

And debadging a 25 year old car? At least do it right or just leave it alone.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there any serious rust?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by Black R
Is there any serious rust?
Doesn't matter brah. PWJDM drain plug and Mugen license plate bolts FTW.