Notices

mounting 4 point harness...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting 4 point harness...

Im trying to mount my sparco 4 point hanesses in my 88 crx si. I have no problem mounting the lap belts because I cna use the stock seat belt mount points, but I dont knwo where to mount the rear belts. I cant seem to find any frame mounting points. does any one have any ideas, shoudl I just tap into the body?
thanks
Old 10-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (DOHCarp)

Get a rollcage. I had mine hooked onto that.

If the pic doesnt show up, which it probably wont, you can see it in this post: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...hlight=harness :
Old 10-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I put a 5 point in my hatch. All I did was put a 1200 pound eye bolt in the center of the floor under the seat. I have Simpson harnesses and they came with clips on all 5 ends. I just clipped all 5 ends to the eye bolt. I can't move my seat back all the way, but I don't need to. I bought a little higher of an eye bolt. You can bye ones that will sit lower. Just an idea I came up with. Hope you get it.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:06 PM

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (shoebox)

I put a 5 point in my hatch. All I did was put a 1200 pound eye bolt in the center of the floor under the seat. I have Simpson harnesses and they came with clips on all 5 ends. I just clipped all 5 ends to the eye bolt. I can't move my seat back all the way, but I don't need to. I bought a little higher of an eye bolt. You can bye ones that will sit lower. Just an idea I came up with. Hope you get it.
That is a good idea
Old 10-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (kshymkiw)

I attached the lap belt to the door side mount, and the other to the seat rail since with the belt attached to the thing that the stock belt plugs into I couldn't get them all to fit so I had to take plug-in thing off, so later I just mounted it to the seat rail. For the vertical belts I ran them up top of the seat and then under it and bolted them to the front of the seat rails. Works great.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did I misunderstand something? You have your shoulder belts connected under the driver's seat? OMG!
Old 10-13-2002, 06:45 PM

Sometimes I wish I never had mine. It can be a pain.

Mine is monted to the Very back where the rear window is.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (DaRnOk)

You really shoudnt use harness unless you have a roll cage, And if you have the shoulder harness slanted more that a 90 degree angle you are really gonna **** yourself up when you get in a wreck
Old 10-13-2002, 09:06 PM

yeah mounting them to the floor is not good. that why even peole w/o out a roll cage use what is called a Harness guide bar. just a lil scenario for you, you mount them to the floor and god forbid you get into an accident you spine will compress! this happens cause all the force is being aimed down the spine and not across the shoulders (as in using a guide bar or roll cage)like it should be. i suggest you fix that.....SOON!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:27 PM

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (91EFZC)

what about having special belts made that connect into the rear seatbelts?!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (95si)

I heard that if you just do mild auto-x or just want it for looks and you have a rear strut bar, you can mount it to that, i wouldn't recommend it though...if you get in a wreck, that bar will bend and/or break
Old 10-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Urban Business

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (PSUCRX)

using a harness w/o a rollcage is the worst idea in the world. saftey equipment is only usefull when used properly.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah mounting them to the floor is not good. that why even peole w/o out a roll cage use what is called a Harness guide bar. just a lil scenario for you, you mount them to the floor and god forbid you get into an accident you spine will compress! this happens cause all the force is being aimed down the spine and not across the shoulders (as in using a guide bar or roll cage)like it should be. i suggest you fix that.....SOON!
where can I get a guide bar? or just a back half roll cage?
thanks
Old 10-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just a lil scenario for you, you mount them to the floor and god forbid you get into an accident you spine will compress!
True, that's what would happen if you mounted it to a sturdy place on the floor behind the seat. In his case, it's much worse. The force of your chest is transmitted directly to the seatback which cannot stand that type of force. Once the seatback breaks (which happens all the time, BTW), he's got enough slack in the straps to hit the windshield or even leave the car!
Old 10-14-2002, 07:00 PM

i've been worndering the same thing e-mail me if you find a solution

RiceCRX@msn.com

Old 10-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (THCRXsi)

More lovely stuff on rollbars/cages/harnesses

[Modified by Driven, 8:59 AM 10/15/2002]
Old 10-15-2002, 06:35 PM

Default Re: mounting 4 point harness... (Driven)

Shoebox: dude, you are crazy, all 5 points of your harness to one bolt going throughthe floor, okay its a strong eye bolt so it wont break, but the floor will rip right out, and yeah you will completely f*ck your back since your shoulder straps go straight down, seat belts hold you in not down,

there should be threaded holes where under the rear seats, (or where they are supposed to be, for crx) use those, thats what they are for