Notices

THE LUNCHBOX!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: THE LUNCHBOX!

Yep, I have a '91 hatch in Brisbane. It's mostly stock, but still a blast to drive. Thanks for the feedback on the shock tower bar.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MarksCivic
Yep, I have a '91 hatch in Brisbane. It's mostly stock, but still a blast to drive. Thanks for the feedback on the shock tower bar.
Ahh hectic! Yeah I recommend looking into coilovers, rear sway bar and some 15x7 rims with good tyres!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:50 AM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got my dash out at the moment, contemplated removing the heater core but i'm too worried if the car gets defected for something and sent to the pits, it'll be sooo hard to reinstall the heater core.

I just gutted the evaporator when i took out the AC system, so the fan/heater and everything works as normal.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
I've got my dash out at the moment, contemplated removing the heater core but i'm too worried if the car gets defected for something and sent to the pits, it'll be sooo hard to reinstall the heater core.

I just gutted the evaporator when i took out the AC system, so the fan/heater and everything works as normal.
Why would you get defected for no heater? They can't really check under the dash I wouldn't of thought..

Ahh sweet, contemplating leaving heater core in because my mates are saying what if the windscreen fogs up.. I'll have to check what bits and pieces I need to keep in order for it to all work.. Any pics of how your's looks with just heater core in?
Old 03-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Another successful day working on the Lunchbox. Ripped out all the interior, pulled out half of the engine bay harness and removed all of the AC components.

I was going to run no AC nor heater core, but my mates are starting to persuade me into leaving the heater in for those winter times where the windscreen wishes to fog up on me. I'll now need to look into what I need to keep in order for the heater core to work correctly..

Dash off with all the AC components there, and then not there:

AC!

Someone say weight reduction?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:33 PM
EFB055

Originally Posted by afx31
Why would you get defected for no heater? They can't really check under the dash I wouldn't of thought..
Na they don't, but if you ever need to get your car RWC'd they're supposed to check the heater functions correctly. Same as if you get sent over the pits, they'll check the heater blows hot.

Also that's the biggest phone i've ever seen in that previous pic lol
Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Na they don't, but if you ever need to get your car RWC'd they're supposed to check the heater functions correctly. Same as if you get sent over the pits, they'll check the heater blows hot.

Also that's the biggest phone i've ever seen in that previous pic lol
Ah right I guess it makes sense. Good thing I don't think they are as stricked down here.

Lol yeah Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ftw. I sometimes feel its not even big...
Old 03-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your recent progress is great. Makes me wish I had still had an EF.

Why are you removing the cabin harness? Do you need to remove it for the DPFI to MPFI?

To make my civic run all I had to do was modify the stock engine harness to fit the OBD1 injectors, and add a couple wires for sensors. Then of course the stock engine harness plugged into the car harness.

Will you be running OBD1 too?
Old 03-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigtimegambler
Your recent progress is great. Makes me wish I had still had an EF.

Why are you removing the cabin harness? Do you need to remove it for the DPFI to MPFI?

To make my civic run all I had to do was modify the stock engine harness to fit the OBD1 injectors, and add a couple wires for sensors. Then of course the stock engine harness plugged into the car harness.

Will you be running OBD1 too?
Cheers man!! You should buy one again! Remember seeing yours on Instagram I believe

Well my car is carby so I don't think I'd be able to use the current harness. So I was removing it all and using a ____ harness instead for hondata

Wonder if I actually can use my current harness ae

Last edited by afx31; 11-21-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you can use the stock cabin harness!! you just need to modify it for MPFI. Then you don't have to worry about wiring up the fan, heater core, accessories, etc. I would just go for the modified cabin harness personally. Swapping to the Integra harness involves way more work, and increases the possibility for a mistake. There is a guide on here for converting your EF to MPFI.

Then you'll just need an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness. Rywire, and Boomslang make one, along with a couple other companies. I personally used the Rywire harness, and it was great. You can even get it prewired for VTEC. No extra work necessary.

The last step will be modifying the stock d series harness for added sensors, and extending some wires. Then it'll plug into your stock shock tower mount seamlessly, and connect up to your OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness!!

Your Hondata s300 will plug into the conversion harness.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you can use the stock cabin harness!! you just need to modify it for MPFI. Then you don't have to worry about wiring up the fan, heater core, accessories, etc. I would just go for the modified cabin harness personally. Swapping to the Integra harness involves way more work, and increases the possibility for a mistake. There is a guide on here for converting your EF to MPFI.

Then you'll just need an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness. Rywire, and Boomslang make one, along with a couple other companies. I personally used the Rywire harness, and it was great. You can even get it prewired for VTEC. No extra work necessary.

The last step will be modifying the stock d series harness for added sensors, and extending some wires. Then it'll plug into your stock shock tower mount seamlessly, and connect up to your OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness!!

Your Hondata s300 will plug into the conversion harness.

Hmmm I guess that could be done for cabin harness! Would you have the ink to for the conversion to MPFI? I've searched heaps and probably found before,vjust not bothered... it sounds like a good swap ill look into it, but it means i have to get the rywire conversion harness which is like $350-$400 landed here in Aus...

This DA9 harness shouldn't be bad, i just have to repin for cluster and that. All the signal arm plugs fit and **** too
Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whoah! and this is off the Rywire website? if its not, the retailer is probably marking up the price considerably. I paid 200 Canadian shipped last summer off the Rywire website. But if it really is that expensive for you there are other conversion harnesses that will cost less, and fit your budget.

Here is the link for the DPFI to MPFI DPFI to MPFI writeup | HondaSwap
Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whoah! and this is off the Rywire website? if its not, the retailer is probably marking up the price considerably. I paid 200 Canadian shipped last summer off the Rywire website. But if it really is that expensive for you there are other conversion harnesses that will cost less, and fit your budget.

Here is the link for the DPFI to MPFI DPFI to MPFI writeup | HondaSwap
Yeah this was fromcthe Rywire website. Its like once you convert USD to AUD its craxy heaps... Sucks shipping parts here from the US for us..

Alrigt sweet cheers man I'll check it out now. Just yeah not sure ae, because your EFs are already EFI, where as ours are carby, wasn't sure if that would change the loom or anything. Obviously injectors and that yeah...
Old 03-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Worst case, Just pick up an EFI D series harness from the junkyard!

more research is needed
Old 03-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Worst case, Just pick up an EFI D series harness from the junkyard!

more research is needed

Last edited by afx31; 11-21-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:12 PM
EFB055

I think you're doing it the right way mate, I know of a couple of twin carby ED's that used EG and DA cabin harnesses, when converting to EFI, just easier.

DPFI to MPFI is a completely different thing.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think you're doing it the right way mate, I know of a couple of twin carby ED's that used EG and DA cabin harnesses, when converting to EFI, just easier.

DPFI to MPFI is a completely different thing.
Yeah i thought it would be easier to use the complete harness. Would you be able to ask your mate with the DA harness what plugs he had to convert over if thats alright man?
Old 03-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all, got the day off so im working on the harness.. if anyone has a DA9 integra lemme know! Wouldn't mind asking for some pics of under dash fuse box for plug reference. Cheers!

Last edited by afx31; 04-04-2023 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
EFB055

I'll be having breaky with him tomoz, i'll ask some questions.

In the meantime though, download the DA integra workshop manual, it'll show all your loom plugs and where they should go.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be having breaky with him tomoz, i'll ask some questions.

In the meantime though, download the DA integra workshop manual, it'll show all your loom plugs and where they should go.
Alright sweet cheers mate.

Ooh good idea I didn't think of that. I printed off the DA wiring diagram and sticky taped it all together but thats giving me a headache, as I forget how to read these now..
Old 04-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So heres a pic of the engine bay scrubbed down with some degreaser, much cleaner! Recording it on my GoPro head mount too so will upload the vid soon! Also picked up some ED fenders which I plan to widen to accommodate some 225/50/15 Advan semi slicks I got from a mate!

Now for the wiring.. My mate (Alvin) has come across how we can make the whole EFI wiring conversion HEAPS easier, then swapping a complete harness in and converting wires to suit! Pretty much, you take your OBD1 harness and remove all the wires from the ECU plugs to wherever they go, mostly to the plugs which connect to the engine harness, and then you re assembly them as a new seperate harness, make it look all neat, include main relay and wallah! Then you can just add it in with the ED original cabin harness and you don't have to worry about rewiring the windows, speakers etc!
Following picture is off one already done by someone else, and then a pic of where mine is at so far!

Old 04-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not really any updates.. I removed the ECU plugs with the wires... but there's still many more wires coming from the engine harness plugs which go all over the place, to the fuse box mainly.. Cannot really see how to go about this as it's not really separating.. Starting to lose interest as well..
Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
EFB055

Yeah **** is tedious. If you can afford it, you could just keep your ED harness and buy a rywire engine harness. It's pretty much exactly like what you're planning to do anyway (running a standalone engine harness direct to the ECU), you just have to splice a couple of wires into the ED harness from that PDF they have on their website that i linked on FB.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diggin' this build!

EFI is nice but what about this??

I think it's easier for your car and plus that sound it makes....woah!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah **** is tedious. If you can afford it, you could just keep your ED harness and buy a rywire engine harness. It's pretty much exactly like what you're planning to do anyway (running a standalone engine harness direct to the ECU), you just have to splice a couple of wires into the ED harness from that PDF they have on their website that i linked on FB.
Yeah I did think about using the RyWire harness, can afford but I want to try to make my own from the OBD1 harness I have at the moment. Going to try again today, one or two of the HH members are coming over to help as well

Quick Reply: THE LUNCHBOX!