Notices

THE LUNCHBOX!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: THE LUNCHBOX!

Originally Posted by Freemananana
I love the wing and I love seeing people track cars. The rear bracing probably isn't as helpful as a anti-sway bar or something if you haven't done that already. I didn't see any photos.
Yeah I know man, I do have a CRX rear sway bar, only problem is I can't install with the eyelit styled LCA's, well I believe it can only be installed with fork LCA's. Correct me if wrong!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afx31
Yeah I know man, I do have a CRX rear sway bar, only problem is I can't install with the eyelit styled LCA's, well I believe it can only be installed with fork LCA's. Correct me if wrong!
The rear LCA either has mounting holes or it doesn't, I don't know what you are talking about. The shock mount possibly? The rear LCA should have holes/bushings for the anti-sway bar if I am remembering correctly.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The rear LCA either has mounting holes or it doesn't, I don't know what you are talking about. The shock mount possibly? The rear LCA should have holes/bushings for the anti-sway bar if I am remembering correctly.
There are 2 different types of LCA's for our car, eyelit and fork, different design as for the eyelit, the shock more so sits in the LCA whereas the fork styled shock sits around the LCA.

So i've read the eyelit LCA's cannot run the CRX, or any rear seay bar
Old 07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool car.

I have a sort of oddball question though - what type of AC compressor does that have? Could you shoot some pics of it?
Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by James89DX
Cool car.

I have a sort of oddball question though - what type of AC compressor does that have? Could you shoot some pics of it?
Thanks man, I wouldn't have any idea, I'm gathering factory/oem but I'll get a picture for you
Old 07-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There are 2 different types of LCA's for our car, eyelit and fork, different design as for the eyelit, the shock more so sits in the LCA whereas the fork styled shock sits around the LCA.

So i've read the eyelit LCA's cannot run the CRX, or any rear seay bar
Crap, this isn't an 88 though. I thought they were the only ones with the weird box LCA. You may be able to swap the whole LCA and get new shocks. The rear sway bar is definitely worth it.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Crap, this isn't an 88 though. I thought they were the only ones with the weird box LCA. You may be able to swap the whole LCA and get new shocks. The rear sway bar is definitely worth it.
It is a 88, it did come with fork LCA's but when I bought coilovers I never knew there was a difference (noob days) and then realised I needed to change the LCA's, so I went back and got the guys eyelit LCA's as he was wrecking his EF anyways. So I now need to buy new coilovers with fork bottoms are the rear, and then I can chuck in my old fork styled LCA's
Old 09-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE TIME WOO!

still a bit behind updating but im getting there because its now party time with new parts coming in! we decided to fix up my axle back exhaust with a nice 2" stainless steel muffler delete. heres some pictures from doing it!

Also bought a DC2R OEM short shifter and installed. Had to grind the base down from 40mm to 30mm which is the same as the ED shifter

Last edited by afx31; 11-29-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:00 PM
CRX God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a mig welder with a gas tank, your welds will be 100 times better. Not sure what your options are down under, but for under $500(USD) you should be able to get something that welds better.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by whited
If you get a mig welder with a gas tank, your welds will be 100 times better. Not sure what your options are down under, but for under $500(USD) you should be able to get something that welds better.
I've welded many times before with a gas welder, I mastered it with doing completely smooth welds. I've now also learnt the nick to doing so with a gasless mig, more rewarding getting the same without the help from gas. But yes gas makes it easy peasy, could do it behind your back lol
Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be TIG welding that stainless pipe with a backflow of argon inside. I'm not saying you can't MIG it, but most guys TIG to make it easier/nicer looking. And get a mask for Christ's sake, your face will thank you.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Riceburner247
You should be TIG welding that stainless pipe with a backflow of argon inside. I'm not saying you can't MIG it, but most guys TIG to make it easier/nicer looking. And get a mask for Christ's sake, your face will thank you.
Yeah mate wish we had a TIG, too busy spending money on mods lol. In the picture it's my mate not me, he just doesn't wear a mask when tacking, but wears one when properly welding
Old 09-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wear my mask all the time haha. I wear it when I grind! I see a lot of people tack without anything over their face and I just can't do it myself.

Doesn't mig welding negate the 'stainless' properties of stainless steel when you weld it? Or is that only when you weld stainless to mild steel?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah mate wish we had a TIG, too busy spending money on mods lol. In the picture it's my mate not me, he just doesn't wear a mask when tacking, but wears one when properly welding
Wait, are you guys using stainless wire? You should be using some sort of stainless wire in that welder. The welds might hold for a while with regular wire, but be aware they will eventually develop cracks and fail on stainless. Honestly, I would just get normal steel piping and make exhaust out of that. Stainless is a whole other level of pain in the ***.

EDIT: I do like the car.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like the build and love the car! I should be picking up a 89 tomorrow and your thread makes me want to build it already lol
Old 09-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome build keep the pics coming
Old 09-14-2015, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So today I installed my DA9 BMC + BB to suit my DA9 front brake setup (rear is awaiting new bushing to be fitted) so I left the 40/40 prop valve out. All this talk about having troubles fitting it is.. well its rubbish because we got it out and the DA9 one in in no time! Heres a pic with the DA9 BMC + BB in! We had to bend both the hard lines from Prop valve to the BMC here and there to fit, just did it by hand, easy!

Last edited by afx31; 11-29-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Easy!

I like how you blew off everyone's trouble with that swap haha.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Easy!

I like how you blew off everyone's trouble with that swap haha.
Well I got the master cylinder off as shoen in pic above, then remove the loom clips holding it down to chassis and then we just pulled the booster out legit. Just fell out into our hands, honestly
Old 09-14-2015, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I got the master cylinder off as shoen in pic above, then remove the loom clips holding it down to chassis and then we just pulled the booster out legit. Just fell out into our hands, honestly
I trust you! It was just funny the way you worded it. I remember having trouble with the STUPIDEST things the first time I did them. Sometimes things come together though
Old 09-16-2015, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I trust you! It was just funny the way you worded it. I remember having trouble with the STUPIDEST things the first time I did them. Sometimes things come together though
Haha yeah fair enough. It was rather easy for us, we simply pulled/snapped the clips holding any loom in and un bolted the black bracket, and the fuse box. I pulled out the BB and my mate just pulled the loom forward and down and out she came!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got a video clip of the exhaust sound after you're done? I'd like to hear it!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jonGSR
Got a video clip of the exhaust sound after you're done? I'd like to hear it!
Hey man if you jump over to my instagram (afx31_) there is one there

Going to put my high flow muffler back on soon so I can run a crx rsb, plus I like to be all induction noise sometimes
Old 10-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HEY ALL!!

Havn't been updating my build thread as much as I wanted, been flat out/a little lazy, I do apologize. Anyways a bit has actually happened, new seats, rear disc swap, bushings and soon to have track tyres, especially with my next (2nd) track day coming up in under 2 weeks!! So I'll give you a quick run down with whats happened with pics

So I managed to pick up some Sparco Ultra fixed back bucket seats for pretty cheap, fitted them up but I didn't like the feel of them, because I'm a skinny person it hurt my back, had a weird lumbar. So I sold these for a lot more than I paid. Kinda didn't want to sell due to these being slightly rare/discontinued, but I needed to, heres how they looked fitted:

Next I used the money I got from selling them that night to go straight to someone else's and pic up some shmick red Recaro SR3 from the Integra DC2R. They were kinda dirty but thats fine by me, mint conditon on the bucket and sooooo comfy!

Few weeks later my bushing kit had all arrived, finally! Its been hell since March with destroyed bushings all round, squeaking like hell, car swaying along the highway at 80km + ... That also meant I could finally install my Intega DA9 rear disc conversion because the RTA bushing was here. So I dismantled my car and dropped all the parts off to my mechanic whom pressed the bushings in, and then picked them up 2 days later and installed the rest. The rear conversion wasn't that hard at all, the whole thing about dropping the fuel tank for hand brake line isn't true, I didn't touch the tank one bit.

I didn't really take any photos of the new bushings in, was too excited to install them all, but I ran into a problem trying to hook the new handbrake cables up to the pivot point inside. The right was too short and was hard to reach, so I left the handbrake unbolted under the car and managed to fit it, but then just cable tied the line so it wouldn't move around:

With this all done I could then finally get a wheel alignment for track, 0 toe all round, -2.5 camber front -1.5 camber rear:

Track day in under 2 weeks, I need some gauges so I know how my oil temp + pressure and water temp is going whilst I hunting down the best time I can achieve! Bought some Defi gauges, have not yet fully wired them up, only so they power and turn on. Sandwhich plate arrived today as well. Once in I'll try and get a video for you all of the start up sequence, they are pretty cool! Keen to have them working

Last edited by afx31; 12-13-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like your build so far!

Quick Reply: THE LUNCHBOX!