Notices

Looking for info 91 Lx

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info 91 Lx

I bought a D15b engine it has a ZC head and a Y7 intake on it, it was the only intake I had.. I just ordered parts from Rockauto a Map sensor 1.6L and a IACV 1.6L.. I ordered them for a 1998 DX is what I was told the engine belonged to is this correct or did I purchase the wrong year of parts.. Should I have bout 98 1.5L parts quite confused on this Frankenstein **** jaja
My civic is a 91 LX with a p06 ecu D15b 1.5L engine ZC 1.6L head Y7 intake
Attached Images   
Old 01-14-2017, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for info 91 Lx

y7 intake manifold has a downdraft throttle body. There is no plenum on a y7 IM. what I'm getting at is that you do not have a Y7 intake manifold. you also do not have a Y8 intake manifold, in case you were curious. i haven't owned any 5th gen civics, so I can't say for sure if it is a Z6 IM or some other variant. hopefully someone else can tell you what you DO have.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jaja of course I don't, That's what I was told by someone on another site that's what I get for listening to kids.. I'm a Tattoo Artist not a mechanic and just got into Honda's so... Thanks and appreciate it, I'm also having a hard time resetting my ECU I've unplugged the neg. for 30 min. and soon as I turn the key to the 2nd position the check engine light comes right back on for an 02 code but its brand new.. Any thoughts why its not resetting the check engine light code? Thanks and appreciate it Ill check into the intake
Old 01-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From what i can see (and what you say) you have a japanese civic D15b (88-95 model) engine block with a civic non-vtec (96-00 ) head using a Civic D15b7 (92-95) intake manifold . As for the ecu, you can reset it by removing the fuse for it. located on the passenger shock tower inside the weird C-shaped box. If your check engine light still comes on, you may have some wiring issues as the 91 civic originally came with a single wire oxygen sensor but the ECU you now have is looking for a 4 wire oxygen sensor. its really confusing since honda parts can be mixed. hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yessir much appreciated, yes JDM D15b non vtec I got from JDM Arizona. I was told a ZC head.. Intake y7 from some fool in a FB Honda group.. so I take it the 98 iacv wont work on the intake then? I should send it back and get a 95 1.6L iacv for a? 95 civic DX? Its fucked up you cant search what "year" the engines or mani come from seems you need to know the yr before you can find the right part tahst what I keep getting stuck on. As far as the check engine light I think its because the IACV is from the wrong yr and its throwing the 02 off but I could be wrong about that, yes it has the 4 wire02 on it so Ill have to check the wiring to see if anything is fucked up..

Last.. What year and model civic should I pull a engine wire harness from, this one I have is pretty chopped up.. Definitely appreciate all the help again Im new to Honda's let alone building an engine, this was my first swap without getting any info from the shaddy *** dude who traded me his Frankenstein civic jaja..
Old 01-14-2017, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarthRaider
I bought a D15b engine it has a ZC head and a Y7 intake on it, it was the only intake I had.. I just ordered parts from Rockauto a Map sensor 1.6L and a IACV 1.6L.. I ordered them for a 1998 DX is what I was told the engine belonged to is this correct or did I purchase the wrong year of parts.. Should I have bout 98 1.5L parts quite confused on this Frankenstein **** jaja
My civic is a 91 LX with a p06 ecu D15b 1.5L engine ZC 1.6L head Y7 intake

oh yeah, that valve cover is definitely a Y7 cover! so the head is prob Y7 as well.

The IACV from a Y7 will most definitely NOT work, it is a unique beast that is not driven by the ECU the same way as any other IACV. For more info, google 3 wire IACV and you will see. I had to deal with this when I did a Y8 intake mani swap, and later when I was running a P28 ECU for boost, my IACV remained unplugged.

If you look at... for example the IACV - it will have a sticker on it with the part number. when you google that part number, you will eventually see what cars it came on. bernardi honda online parts is a good resource for that stuff (as well as a good place to buy OEM parts, I've ordered from them in the past). majestic honda is another place, but they don't show you what cars that part number came on.

The MAP sensor, I'm not sure about. I think they all wire the same way to the ECU, but can't remember if the plugs changed or if there is any difference in mounting. Safest bet is to again look at the blue sticker on the part itself and google the part number.

But at the end of the day, you want to make the ECU happy. You are using a P06 which is a 1992-1995 any non-VTEC (meaning DX, LX, CX but NOT Si, EX, or VX). So you want to pull a harness from one of those cars. You also should really be ordering sensors for those cars as well (will all be the same in that year range). I guess in the States you guys had an 8 valve engine as well... not sure if those parts interchange, someone else might chime in but I would steer clear of those since I don't know what was different. When in doubt, buy parts for a 92-95 Civic DX.

As for your O2 sensor code, I bet the heater isn't wired correctly. And looking at your wiring connections made with marrettes, I'm not surprised. I get that you prob didn't do that, but please develop some soldering skills quickly and stock up on heat shrink. It will make your life so much easier once you see how easy soldering is, and you will be able to retrace all the steps of the PO and fix all those sins.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Again thanks, seems I need to just buy parts for a 95 civic DX/LX 1.5L.. As far as the IAC it was bare with nothing on it so thats why I was stuck on a part number, also had put those marrettes on cause your right I dont know how to soldering but for sure had in mind to fix the harness soon anyways its all chopped up from the little boi who traded me the car. Definitely appreciate all the help and thats what Im trying to do as far as making every thing from 1 year, I just needed to know what yr everything was so I could go from there..
Appreciate it "bbarbulo"
F#@kkk I gotta send these parts back jajaja