Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kanjo build

bbarbulo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #27
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbulo View Post

It's okay because I build this for me not for you and I appreciate your sad face sir.
Deaf_Dougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #28
Honda-Tech Member

not bad. good progress
ssmrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #29
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmrico View Post
not bad. good progress
Thank you sir, I've still a long road ahead for it. Gonna take it slow, nice and to make sure it come out right.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #30
Honda-Tech Member

here's some quick update for today

Keep it as in your mind, doing bondo actually is my first time and I expect there to be some errors but in the end I think I did just okay.

I didn't take a picture of bottom part before sanding it but here's after

Second coat of bondo, Did repair some mistakes from first try, I hope this time will come out better than first one. For now I'm gonna let it sit more longer than what I did on first one.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #31
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_Dougie View Post
It's okay because I build this for me not for you and I appreciate your sad face sir.

car was starting to shape up and look decent in pics. I'm not mad at the work going on though, that's on point. at least you're working on the car.

I just take issue with the poor effort. like do you have to paint the shock mount studs and nuts on the rear? well, no... you don't. take an extra 15 min and drop the shock, mask the open holes, then spray. or do you have to overspray onto the brake lines under the rear seat and the wiring to the pump? again, no. just takes time. I get the whole 'low budget/free parts' build - that in itself can be a challenge and it can be fun. but it doesn't need to look like a 'low budget' build if you just spend the time.

even in pics I can see runs or brush marks or whatever in the engine bay - rad support to be specific. do they not have sand paper in florida?

ok the whole fender thing... so it isn't my style, but it doesn't need to be; that's all good. but it CAN be well done. It will take a tremendous amount of time to do the necessary sheetmetal work to correct all the geometry issues. the door gaps look horrible. that's the first and biggest issue. you lost metal by angling it. you need to make up the metal and correct the door gap. now it's way too late. if you had asked, we could have guided you to how to do it right and leave all the correct gaps as they should be. But now you've bent the crap out of it. I hope those were aftermarket stampings and not OEM that you cut up. If I was doing that, I would have left everything bolted up and cut out a complete section of what I wanted to angle. Then I would have made the angled parts separately, then added flanges to the angled part and panel bonded it back to the original fender to avoid warping the fender from excessive welding. Then some light filler work, and it's done. Or, what you can do now is sculpt the shape in bondo how you want it, then make molds out of those fenders (no longer fenders, but plugs now) to produce your own fiberglass or carbon fiber fender from scratch.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:06 AM   #32
Honda-Tech Member

Car is starting to look pretty good! Great example that it doesnt take a million bucks to get some legit kanjo vibes going.
DecepticonDc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #33
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
car was starting to shape up and look decent in pics. I'm not mad at the work going on though, that's on point. at least you're working on the car.

I just take issue with the poor effort. like do you have to paint the shock mount studs and nuts on the rear? well, no... you don't. take an extra 15 min and drop the shock, mask the open holes, then spray. or do you have to overspray onto the brake lines under the rear seat and the wiring to the pump? again, no. just takes time. I get the whole 'low budget/free parts' build - that in itself can be a challenge and it can be fun. but it doesn't need to look like a 'low budget' build if you just spend the time.

even in pics I can see runs or brush marks or whatever in the engine bay - rad support to be specific. do they not have sand paper in florida?

ok the whole fender thing... so it isn't my style, but it doesn't need to be; that's all good. but it CAN be well done. It will take a tremendous amount of time to do the necessary sheetmetal work to correct all the geometry issues. the door gaps look horrible. that's the first and biggest issue. you lost metal by angling it. you need to make up the metal and correct the door gap. now it's way too late. if you had asked, we could have guided you to how to do it right and leave all the correct gaps as they should be. But now you've bent the crap out of it. I hope those were aftermarket stampings and not OEM that you cut up. If I was doing that, I would have left everything bolted up and cut out a complete section of what I wanted to angle. Then I would have made the angled parts separately, then added flanges to the angled part and panel bonded it back to the original fender to avoid warping the fender from excessive welding. Then some light filler work, and it's done. Or, what you can do now is sculpt the shape in bondo how you want it, then make molds out of those fenders (no longer fenders, but plugs now) to produce your own fiberglass or carbon fiber fender from scratch.

I see your point now, Some days I'm lazy and slacking to do that, as for the brake lines in the rear seat is easy to fix because I can put newspaper under the lines and paint em black so it'll look like "new" and the rad support lines mark has been there since I bought it, it's from previous owner and that's not a problem for me because that's a easy fix as well but like I say I'm kinda lazy and slacking BUT I'll make sure that I get that fixed and of course I'll fix everything up in right away. Back then I didn't really care and just want to get over with it and then I realized that I shouldn't just like you say cause it doesn't take much of time effort to do that. As for the shock mount studs will be fixed because I'm planning to take coils out and to clean the rust on Sleeves and maybe lower it 1 1/2" in rear and 1" in the front and while I do that I'll clean the paint on the mount studs at the same time.

The fenders are already lil messed up from previous owner, I don't really mind about that at all and yes if I don't like how it come out and I'll just buy another fenders and keep it stock. The door/fender gap looks horrible it's because I didn't bolts up the fender when I put it on, I was just putting it on to take a quick picture and to see how it look. If I bolts it up and there won't be that huge gap in between it lol Yes I should've asked you guys first for pointers on the fenders but everyone makes a noob mistakes and It's okay because everyone's learning their mistakes and I appreciate your honest sir.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #34
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDc5 View Post
Car is starting to look pretty good! Great example that it doesnt take a million bucks to get some legit kanjo vibes going.
You're absolutely right, I can't wait to get where I want it to be. Definitely would need a fresh paint but I don't know if I really want to keep the fenders cut on, If I don't like how it look then I'll just buy another fenders and paint whole car to white and do kanjo paint style after.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #35
Honda-Tech Member

Well I've decide to go different routine on the fender cut, I wasn't feeling the rivets at all and decide to remove them and use jb weld instead. It's still not done but once it's done and it'll look much better.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #36
Honda-Tech Member

And my good friend came over to help me transfer dx gears on si transmission case, while he do that and he bring me this too..Bought it only for $200 and everything's apart. I'd need to buying stuffs to rebuilding them and they should cost me from range $300-$400 in the parts. Jdm H22a 10:6:1 compression...yes I'm going for all motor and possibly do H2B in my hatch? any pointer on h2b ed6 hatch? Feel free to give me a pointers.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #37
Honda-Tech Member

here's lil update on fender cut.

Sanded down the jbwelds that sticks out of the fender from previous Rivets holes.

putting some more jbwelds on the corner where's the gaps are.

I'd say the outcome's much better and will sanding the jbwleds to make it smooth before putting bondo on tomorrow if the weather's nice day if not then I don't know when I'll be able to finish it up and also I'd need to buy 1 more jbwelds for other fender.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #38
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Yes I should've asked you guys first for pointers on the fenders but everyone makes a noob mistakes and It's okay because everyone's learning their mistakes and I appreciate your honest sir.
Coolios! Glad you understand what I mean; most of us don't learn till we get blasted a little

I've built a few cars, and one thing I learned is patience. Some stuff just drags on and on and on... but then when all the tedious work is done, all of a sudden it comes together and it's glorious! When I was restoring the underside of my EJ8, each wheel well took a week to do. And that's for something no one is ever going to see. It isn't a show car, but I wanted it to be stunning to ME. After all, it IS a hobby so it should bring you joy and should never feel like 'work'. So you should never be doing it if you feel lazy.

H22 should be good fun. Probably a pain in the butt to put in, but the torque should feel plentiful. As for how... I haven't a clue. I've gone turbo Ds the whole time or B series in EGs on occasion which is a bolt in affair. Hopefully someone else can help out with that aspect.

New fender effort is looking better as well. There are panel bond products out there that may be better value than JB weld and will be more flexible. I worry that JB weld might crack over time as the sheetmetal flexes.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #39
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Coolios! Glad you understand what I mean; most of us don't learn till we get blasted a little

I've built a few cars, and one thing I learned is patience. Some stuff just drags on and on and on... but then when all the tedious work is done, all of a sudden it comes together and it's glorious! When I was restoring the underside of my EJ8, each wheel well took a week to do. And that's for something no one is ever going to see. It isn't a show car, but I wanted it to be stunning to ME. After all, it IS a hobby so it should bring you joy and should never feel like 'work'. So you should never be doing it if you feel lazy.

H22 should be good fun. Probably a pain in the butt to put in, but the torque should feel plentiful. As for how... I haven't a clue. I've gone turbo Ds the whole time or B series in EGs on occasion which is a bolt in affair. Hopefully someone else can help out with that aspect.

New fender effort is looking better as well. There are panel bond products out there that may be better value than JB weld and will be more flexible. I worry that JB weld might crack over time as the sheetmetal flexes.

haha you ain't lying! but hey at least everyone's learning something new everyday, yeah I know exactly what you mean. It's my hobby too but sometime I was like blahh...lol and I can always get back to it and fix my previous mistaken and yes that'd be like "wasting my time and I should've done it right in first place" haha

Thank you man, and yeah you're right about that, I shall see how the JB weld hold in future haha, if it cracked then I'll change up.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #40
Honda-Tech Member

What's the weather like in Osaka around this time of year?
prakhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #41
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhash View Post
What's the weather like in Osaka around this time of year?

Lol I have no idea, pretty sure it's not like Florida lol
Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #42
Honda-Tech Member

its a small world
i was raised in Osaka
right now its winter time but its been
mostly in the 50s and cloudy for the last couple of weeks
i call it hoodie weather ^_-
Marcos Barrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #43
Honda-Tech Member

Nice build car looks great
Evo9GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #44
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Lol I have no idea, pretty sure it's not like Florida lol
Am I the only one to think it's a real disservice to the Kanjozoku to call your car a Kanjo car when it has no ties with Osaka or the Loop at all? It's becoming a trend now, and I think their culture should be apprieciated for what it is and people should not try to (poorly) replicate it.

Good progress on the build, btw. Looks like a fun little car to drive around.
prakhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #45
Trial User

Quote:
okay here's some update next day

*Edit*- I can't swap the heart back in just till whenever I buy another transmission that actual in working condition.
Hey man I wanna get my engine bay this clean where do you live think you can help me out I have a 1990 Civic EX sedan
the90EXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #46
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo9GSR View Post
Nice build car looks great
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhash View Post
Am I the only one to think it's a real disservice to the Kanjozoku to call your car a Kanjo car when it has no ties with Osaka or the Loop at all? It's becoming a trend now, and I think their culture should be apprieciated for what it is and people should not try to (poorly) replicate it.

Good progress on the build, btw. Looks like a fun little car to drive around.
Btw I already have 1 sticker

I'm still waiting for the 3 more stickers to come in I'm going to repaint white whole car then add some kanjo style themes and then I'll put those stickers on. Like I say It's not done but when it's done and it'll be like Kanjo racers, Thank you sir and yes it's a fun little car to drive around. Got lot of people attentions around and they asking me if I'm selling it... I was like haha nope, not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the90EXguy View Post
Hey man I wanna get my engine bay this clean where do you live think you can help me out I have a 1990 Civic EX sedan
I live in Florida and you can clean them up with carb cleaner or purple power to remove the greases and then wipe them with water, let it dry then you paint it.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #47
Honda-Tech Member

I can't really decide on what theme I want for my hatch

this one

or this one
Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #48
Honda-Tech Member

here another quick update from earlier today, Sanded and smooth out the JB Weld

Top fender part

Bottom fender part

and then putting Bondo on, Gonna sand and smooth it out tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #49
Honda-Tech Member

here's a update from today....

sanded down and smooth out the bondos

painted the fender cut part and put on the hatch

aaaaand of course THIS HAPPENED....lmao

so at this point I don't know if I want to keep em and do work on the passenger side, Or just buy another fenders, dump the fenders cut and call it a day?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #50
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting..

IMO, the flashier you make a 90's Honda, the more of a thief magnet it becomes. Good progress though.
Northernlightz is online now   Reply With Quote