Notices

How to wire in an aircon :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire in an aircon :)

If you are serious about doing this. You may want to look into early Legends and late 90's Acura Cls. They both had this option on a slightly different concept. And you can find USDM manuals on the internet

www.crxsi.com (don't pay to join this site), if you look under the manuals there is a parts catalog layout. You can go off of that for part numbers and parts that you need.

Basically these are required:
1)Aircon resistor
2)climate unit
3)intake air temp sensor (in place of the a/c button)
4)outside air temp sensor (maybe be able to use one from a CL)
5)water temp sensor (attaches to the bottom of the heater core, might be able to use a CL one)
6)you'll need the motor that attaches to the bottom of the heater matrix, this is basically the automatic thing. You need to go inside it and reverse the polarity to work with a LHD car, if I had a picture I'd show you
7)It is my belief that the air conditioning evap sensor is the same and is not needed from a aircon setup
8)you can use the motors from a Crx for the fresh air motor and the mode motor. They are already LHD and have the same colors, I believe.
9)Then, the wiring. It will be VERY helpful if you have all of the necessary wiring. If not, good luck.
10), almost forgot. You will need to route a tube from one side of the heater matrix to the inside air temp sensor, back to the heater matrix on the other side. You'll need to make some ducts for this to work.

Thats about it. Just power it up and run the wires to the necessary sensors.

I understand not a lot of you will understand this. Please don't contact me. I've done a crap load of research on this setup. I had everything ready to put in my Crx and then I sold the setup instead. Since years down the road I didn't want to have issues finding parts for it.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to wire in an aircon :)

GREAT .. i need assistance with this ..
I have found a JDM aircon control unit with Khanji characters for my daughters car.
She loves the control unit and i want to install it in her CRX for her.
It's great to know the temp sensors can be found on other cars.
Let me ask, the "black box" , that's just a resistor ? is this the aircon resistor you mention in item #1 ?
ALSO: is the Delco water temp sensor the same as the one for radiator temp ?
Much thanks for your help .. i've written 2 other people here on this forum .. and now my message box is full ( only 3 stored messages .. seems a little low )
You can email me at JeffWilliamsUSA@gmail or booking@jeffwilliams-usa.com.
I have a thread started about this on the CRXcommunity too ..
you can see pics there ..
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47644
Follow the Flickr links on all the pics to see the complete set of pics for the CRX project.
Looking forward to hearing from you ..
Thanks ..
Jeff
Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh i guess i should mention i have the stock USDM air conditioning equipment in the dash.
So , do already have this vent control motor on my CRX ?
I've seen another thread where a guy shows how to take the control apart ,
turn the motor upside down , revers the polarity on the input and reverse the polarity on the diodes and re-install.
IF i have this motor & control , this is my solution to re-wire in reverse ?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JeffWilliamsUSA
Oh i guess i should mention i have the stock USDM air conditioning equipment in the dash.
So , do already have this vent control motor on my CRX ?
I've seen another thread where a guy shows how to take the control apart ,
turn the motor upside down , revers the polarity on the input and reverse the polarity on the diodes and re-install.
IF i have this motor & control , this is my solution to re-wire in reverse ?

I know which picture you are referring to. Its the one for an EG. They are the same motors. You just need to do exactly what he did.

The black box you are referring to is often considered the "Brain". That part is also required.

The water temp sensor is completely different in shape/size. It looks like a little silver bar. It actually slides in underneath one of the coolant lines in the heater core matrix.

Ask away. I will put my input on this site and on that site.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtecn8ive
I know which picture you are referring to. Its the one for an EG. They are the same motors. You just need to do exactly what he did.

The black box you are referring to is often considered the "Brain". That part is also required.

The water temp sensor is completely different in shape/size. It looks like a little silver bar. It actually slides in underneath one of the coolant lines in the heater core matrix.

Ask away. I will put my input on this site and on that site.
Thanks thats GREAT ..
I have a harness and those connections are not on it .. so i can just leave the USDM part of that ? or ..
is that where the hybrid harness is needed ?

ALSO: under the hood , all my wiring is there in USDM
Can i just change a few wires in the USDM hood area harness ?
the JDM harness may have to be modified since it probably went down the left side of the frame rail , USDM is on the right. ( correct ? )
but the motor / compressors are all on the left ..

ALSO: i have a lot of pics on my flickr page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffwil...7626356899882/
I think i have all the parts
But i have some unknown connectors ( last 4 pics )
maybe you know where these go ..
ok .. thanks again ..

PS: if anyone has the JDM wiring diagram other than the blurry one , that would be super cool ..