Notices

How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs?

Old 07-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs?

How many of ya'll have dropped cars on coil overs? When i say drop, i don't mean 2-3 fingers, i'm talking about 1 finger or less, pushing more towards the no gap at all. Anyways, for those of you that don't have a gap, how is the ride? And what coil over setup do you have?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
New User

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (TurboRedSi)

Rode like ****. I was bouncing along on stock shocks, though.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (SiR Kid)

i dropped my EF3 about 3.75 inches in the front and about 4 inches in the back. its tucked so low that you cant even stick a finger in the wheelwell. i love it, its fun, and with my urethane kit i dont worry about scraping it. my setup is ground control coilovers and KYB struts. it has less than an inch of suspension travel on the front and about one inch travel on the back. it might sound extreme but it rides amazing during road racing at the local racetrack.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (TurboRedSi)

If you just want to drop the car to a no finger gap and dont care if theyre coilovers or not, get Sprint RX Extremes Not at all bouncey
Old 07-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (ThE bEe GuY)

Sprint RX Extreme, hmm, it states this:

Civic 88-91 3.25 Front/3.00 Rear

Is that enough so that there's no gap? If not, cutting ONE coil wouldn't hurt, right?

Anyone with pics?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=568913

some pics of my car with the RX's, scroll down a lil bit and it has pics of my fender gap up close
Old 07-29-2003, 11:59 PM

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (ThE bEe GuY)

And no cutting 1 coil wont hurt if you have the RX's, there are about 5 dead coils (Coils that sit right on top of eachother with no gap in between them) so cutting them wont make the spring bouncier. One thing though, PLEASE GET A CAMBER KIT if you get those springs, i rode around without a camber kit for about 5 months and i went through tires liek nothing. Finally got SPC balljoints
Old 07-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never read anything about camber kits before. I wonder how much they cost.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and HOLY SHYT those springs drop the car like madd. I had to cut about 3-4 coils off these H&R's before they sat that low.

Anyways, my friend told me, "I think people would have problems in your car if they get seasick easily," AND when my sister told me, "My stomach hurts when i drive your car."

That's my cue to fix the problem, i think.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:10 AM

Default Re: (TurboRedSi)

SPC balljoints are about $169 for the front but are well worth it, It'll pay for itself when you realize you dont have to buy new tires all the damn time The rear you can just fix the camber with the washer trick (search the forums, theres been a buncha posts about the camber washer trick). But yea, these springs drop it pretty low but its not bouncey at all, the spring rates are progressive and theyre soft so it doent bounce
Old 07-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ThE bEe GuY)

Yep, i just had to buy some tires. The old tires were worn to the belt on the inside, but on the outside they were damn near new.

But, where did you buy these springs?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:29 AM

i lower my crx all the way down with Skunk2 coilovers and KYBs GR2 89 accord in the front and the back is stock suspension. Im rolling on 13 alloy rims. I have about one finger between tire and fender. I dont like it too much cuz i scrape too much. Doesnt bounce but its soft.

People say that Skunk2s coilovers are very hard. Not if you go all the way down.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was using GAB shocks with Skunk2 coilover sleeves on my EF8 and there was hardly any gap at all. The car looked good but did not feel too great to drive because it bounced around like mad on the street!

Mark
Old 07-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (FlatlineLemon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FlatlineLemon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> KYB struts. it has less than an inch of suspension travel on the front and about one inch travel on the back. it might sound extreme but it rides amazing during road racing at the local racetrack. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, how small is your race track? KYB and ultra low equal ultra blown. i had them for a year on skunks and the blew out..

btw, my car has -2.8 degrees front camber, and i don't go through sets of tires.. normally, toe in/out is what causes extremely horrible tire wear, not camber.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (Rexman)

the track is a decent size, i think its about 3/4 of a mile total including 7 turns i think. yeah, im not intending on these struts to last long anyways. gonna get teins. but yeah, the only reason i went low is for the camber, its very comfortable for me to race with like 3.5 degrees. call me psycho or tire eater, oh well, it helps me grip mo bettah. Yokohamas ownz joo.....
Old 07-31-2003, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (FlatlineLemon)

I had my car dropped to a one finger gap on the front and the rear with the weapon-r circuit pros and tokico illuminas. The ride wasn't bouncy at all, had it set at 4 for harness all the way around, cornered amazingly, no nose dive when I had to slam on brakes for mr. po-po. absorbed dips in the rode, but with bumps it would "BAM" once, not keep bouncing. Only complaints was from my wife, said it made her breast hurt when we hit a bump.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:27 AM

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (slywfbpsi)

O.K. my EF is lower 3" and I keep tearing up out CV joints. I was going to get Stage #2 axle but the guy from the company said it;s because my cars lowered too much and the anglw of axles isnt right causing the out joint to pre-maturely waer out. Anyone else have this problem
Old 08-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

om my car i got Skunk2 Coilovers and Tokico blues...and it rides ALRIGHT....I went as low as possible....on the coilover theres two things that spins up and down to raise and lower your car....just take one of those off and use only one..and for your shock where the coilover is sitting on the shock...cut a chunk of that medal off the strut and now your COILover sits a lill lower but what ever it takes to go LOW right? lol
Old 08-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (SiB16a)

what i did is just took off both perches and the sleeve on my coilovers, all spring baby.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:18 AM

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs?

Could you tell me guys why my suspension set up is soft with Skunks 2 coilovers and 89 accord KYBs GR2. Its very soft compared to my friends EG hatch with R1 coilovers and KYBs GR2.
Does anybody has same setup as me?
One thing my bushings are worn out. Soon to be replaced with Hyper Flex.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:03 AM

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (88CRX)

no fingers!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:43 AM

thats how low my car used to be, slammed as low as can go, onsoku coils and springs
Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 AM

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (4speed)

my bf had skunk2 coilover and tokiko shocks- lowerd all the way down-couldnt fit a finger under the stock front end...it rode like ****...ever little bump and my head was hitting the roof! i bitched and he bought eibach springs i think like a 2.5 drop rides alot better now and its still really low!
Old 08-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hrm,

I always thought that having a stiff suspension (i.e. you feel every bump in the road) was good for handling?

anyone answer that?

is there a difference between having a stiff suspension and having a bouncy ride?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs? (24valvage)

when I had my weapon r coilovers slammed(no wheel gap at all), it handled so great, but every bump i was hitting the roof, and broke the front mount a lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many of you guys have dropped your cars to a finger or less with coil overs?