Notices

Chipped ecu or program for b16a w/turbo? What do you have running your setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped ecu or program for b16a w/turbo? What do you have running your setup?

Ok, I am going to install a turbo into my b16 crx in the next few weeks. I am trying to decide what to do about engine management. How easy it to design a program to run on a chipped ecu to run a pr3 ecu with a turbo, anyone have a basic program or chip? From what I have seen turboedit doesn't seem to help that much with a turbo b16a, or at least it seems to lack some of the support and over 7400 rpms is not adjustable, but again i am kind of new to the program. If I could get a chip already decidned to run a turbocrx that would be nice too. I know that I should really get it properley tuned and setup specifically for my car, but for now, at least till I have enough money to get it on the dyno I would like to not blow my motor.

So I guess my question is what type of fmu are you using, and what was the total cost of it?

Also is there a chip that anyone has or could make for me to run a turbo crx b16a w/a pr3 ecu safeley?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chipped ecu or program for b16a w/turbo? What do you have running your setup? (TurbedRex)

Why are you asking about FMU's when you are planning on running turboedit?

Anyways, I dont use turbo edit since I'm OBD 1. But I haven't heard of any complaints with TE. Since I'm OBD1 I use CromePRO, but before I used to use Uberdata. If you are afraid that TE wont have the adjustability you are looking for, then maye you can convert to OBD 1 and use Crome or Uberdata instead.

Not counting the costs of an OBD 0 to OBD 1 swap, the basic costs of a chipped ECU setup is as follows:

-$15 Socketing and chipping supplies http://www.moates.net
-$25 ECU socketing service http://www.moates.net
-$10-$45 solder in datalogging cable
-$55-$85 ROM (chip) burner (ebay, Willem Enhanced or Moates, BURN1)

Then of course here are some other things you'll probably want to get if you dont already have it:

-$50-$340 bigger injectors (DSM 450cc = $50 used, new RC injectors $279-$340)
-$99 bigger fuel pump (ie. Walbro 255lph)
-laptop to run Turboedit, Crome, or Uberdata program

And here is some other optional stuff, that isn't really necessary but it will make tuning a lot easier:

-$300-$330 Wideband O2 setup (Innovative LM1, PLX-300) you might wanna stay away from Zeitronix WBO2 setups though.
-$175 Ostrich Emulator (allows you to tune in realtime)

If you want to learn more about that stuff check out http://www.pgmfi.org

Modified by BlueShadow at 8:21 AM 10/15/2005