Notices

Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great gugga mugga.... A roll cage and four point harness would've done a lot for this guy.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oldB18EF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oldB18EF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crazy i didnt hear about this in local news .. that rex is tore up he was ridin del sol seats</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was thinking. i am in somerset county, where you at man? this **** scares me. Ill be honest, i am 17 and when with my friends, i always am like the only one that wears a seat belt in a car. i have friends that wont ride with me cause i refuse to move without them wearing one too. they wonder why too. I had a good friend die this summer when he pasted a tree mid roll (hit with roof) at 120 in his 3000GT when late for work. another kid died from my school too this summer when they jumped a subaru at 80 on a road marked for 35. all 5 occupants ejected, one squished. real cool to not wear a seatbelt huh? i seriously think it shouldnt just be a fine for not wearing a seatbelt, it should be a license suspension. maybe they dont care if they die, but it sure was hard as a friend to look at two people i knew my whole life be pieced back together and have so much embalming fluid in them you dont realize them. why not wear one?

okay, okay, end of rant. sorry for going OT, but may this dude RIP
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.brian.)

Some of the comments on this thread that talk about stock suspension being the problem, it makes me wonder how poorly set up your cars are. $1000 coilovers and swaybars will still get you into trouble if nothing has been aligned or the ball joints and tie rods are worn. Stock style replacement suspension pieces that are in good condition and a good alignment has served me well at speeds well over 100mph.

On a lighter note, if anything caused that Rex to crash it was the huge ricer muffler (right side exit ) throwing the weight balance to the rear on that car, probably made the *** end swing out causing the driver to lose control. Honestly, who hasn't seen a rice-mobile like that and wished death on it's owner?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And people wonder why I drive my Civic slow! Good god!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CWBETB)

yea the first thing I noticed was the muffler and the piping with high flow cat just dangling in the first pic and the gsr rims....but my this guy rip and at least he didnt suffer
Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (JohnnieChimpo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnieChimpo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who hasn't seen a rice-mobile like that and wished death on it's owner? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats so funny cause its true.

I have heard so many people hate on ricers telling them to go wrap it around a lightpole......well this one did just that.....and died.....sad story but people gotta be careful and not be going 120mph on a 2 lane road with 17" wheels in the back facing the wrong way.

People still wont learn no matter how many of these stories pop up.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam that sad how fast did he go
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (YouvGotMail)

Im gonna make an assumption here, but *** it.

Judging by how bootleg the car is (cheezy exhaust, rim differences, multi color exterior etc), id be willing to bet that his del sol seat probably had 1 friggin bolt holdin it down (b/c we all know those seats are not a direct bolt in). I know the article said that he wasnt wearing his seat belt, but even if he was, he most likely would have still died due to the seat detaching itself from the car.

What a terrible 2 to 3 second roller coaster ride he must of went thru before he died.

EDIT: after looking at the pics again, nothing car quality wise matters in this case. He had no chance of survival. A cage, harness or anything of the like wouldn't have saved him.

Modified by fourthgenhatchB17 at 8:57 PM 3/7/2007
Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm sorry but this amazes me, HT has become such a joke to me. You see something as horrible as this and all I read is "this is why insurance goes up", "dibs on his rims", "stupid ricer". No one here knows anything other than what was in that article, for all you know that was someone well respected for his knowledge or skill but hell...accidents happen. I'm in no way condoning what he was doing, but why the hell do the jackasses in here automatically assume it was a 16 year old kid with no knowledge of what he was doing? It disgusts me but I have seen nothing but disrespect comming from this post.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (T25 civic)

actually everyone is saying sorry for his family, etc. But im just pointing out things from the pictures given, how can you not expect opinions in a forum?? Reguardless of who he is, it is plain stupid to go fast as hell on a 2 lane road with houses around.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (dr_latino999)

man oh man, at least the guy died going fast. and having fun in a honda
Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam...sucks....RIP man
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, thats what the stunna's do. They usually have bigger tires in the rear and run like steelies up front. I see it on a daily basis in Philly.</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah i think ive seen this car in norristown once...cruising with an orange cobalt.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to rip your car into that many pieces, you gotta be hauling ***! The part stuck on the light pole is completely wrapped aorund touching itself.

i cant emphasize enough that he must have been flying down that road! This is the kinda **** on formula 1 crashes

terrible that a young kid, a crx supporter, died. It must have been quick, but there sheer few quick seconds of terror before hand...gawd
Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 AM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Iron_Forrix)

pics down
Old 03-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JustAnotherRex)

kid was a ricer that thought he had a ferrari and killed himself being a dumbass, sucks but that's the truth.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:42 AM

have to reealize taht in the end, no matter how good it handles, if it hits somwthing a 1800 lb car will be owned.,

why i only drive mine on weekends and at track. im scared of it.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE! (dr_latino999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 70hphf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great gugga mugga.... A roll cage and four point harness would've done a lot for this guy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It would have done nothing for this poor person. Just a sad deal. Just sad that life ended like that. There are plenty of tracks around to go run on and have fun at and learn how to drive a car.

The greatest suspension, motor, cage, harness or even stock setup doesn't matter if the driver is unable to use it. This is could be a case where a driver made a mistake and unfortunately cost him is life it could be something broke/came apart. No matter what everyone needs to use there head and be safe. Anything can happen.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:47 AM

someone rehost the pics.... i can not see them
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (driveahonda)

pics are worky for me
Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: (gator88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gator88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pics are worky for me </TD></TR></TABLE>work filters homie...
Old 03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It almost the samething that happen here nearby within 10 minutes from. CRX ripped in half with the dashboard showing off.

Sad indeed.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (driveahonda)

well, it looks like the car was all blue. the red you see is from the inside out. I don't believe a roll cage would have saved him. and by chance that it did, he would still never be the same.

pretty amazing that the car had enough momentum to rip the front end off and then the front end impact that tree and to that much more damage. look how the bumper support is bent into a "U".

I wonder if thats a 88 model. no side impact beams in that one.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxcess)

although it was an unfortunate accident, just imagine how easily the sign/tree/power pole could have turned into a van with 4 kids coming home from school. What this kid did was just plane stupid. A mistake is going 55 in a 35...going 100+ with given conditions is a death wish. If he was actually racing someone...i hope that 'other' car will learn something from this.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 PM

at least he died doing something he loved, right? That does really suck though.

Quick Reply: Horrible Fatal CRX Accident - Local PA Newspaper w/ pics - DRIVE SAFE!