Notices

Heat wont get hot enough

Old 01-21-2012, 03:11 PM
pdc
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat wont get hot enough

My heat doesn't get hot enough. It gets fairly warm but not ever so that I would have to turn it down. I've had other EF's that would melt your face off. I have replaced the thermostat, Made sure the valve on the hose by the firewall was fully open and made sure the white lever that controls the door under the dash above the stereo was fully forward. Tonight I flushed the heater core. I still haev the same condition. I'm not sure what I could be missing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
no one wants to hear the truth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Heat wont get hot enough

coolant level?
Old 01-21-2012, 03:16 PM
pdc
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cetcivic
coolant level?
It is full and remains full.

The temp gauge reads normally.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If its not over heating the pump and stat are working, id pull the heater hose off that goes from the heater core to the stat housin and crimp with hose crimping pliers, then with the motor running and a full cooling system, loosen those crimping pliers and make sure you are getting flow to the heater core, if your are your heater core is pluged, not super common but it does happen, especially if anyone has put any of those cheap cooling system sealers in it, or mixed coolant types.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guy said he flushed the heater core, if no water came out he would have said so, im assuming if all went well water came out and its not plugged. that being said, it could be slightly plugged causing the problem. could also check to make sure there isnt anything blocking the heater core causing no air flow through it.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Too much coolant not enough water?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I bought my CRX from my brother he had by passed the switch so the fan would stay on all the time because he was moving to arizona. I cant remember exactly what he did but its on the block somewhere....maybe thats it?? When i got it the car would never get warm and would BARELY defrost my windows, after i replaced the switch it "melts my face".
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by awdracer6
When I bought my CRX from my brother he had by passed the switch so the fan would stay on all the time because he was moving to arizona. I cant remember exactly what he did but its on the block somewhere....maybe thats it?? When i got it the car would never get warm and would BARELY defrost my windows, after i replaced the switch it "melts my face".
Could be, it's just the female end is rigged usually with a paper clip and jumped so it always has power when people do this. I don't know of any other way so maybe if you did that or the previous owner did then that could be the problem. Does the engine actually get up to operating temperature?