Notices

Got my new JDM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got my new JDM Parts

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT TO TRIP - I'M POSTING THIS BECAUSE PEOPLE ASKED ME TO. So if you don't like it, make a thread in GDD bitching about it.

Well a little while ago I mentioned some of the stuff I was gonna be picking up and a few people asked for pics so here they are. I assume they meant just the Glassroof, but I threw in a stash pic.

From BigDawg down in ATL, I picked up the Glassroof, EDM Doorpanels, JDM Front End, and RHD PWR Windows.

Here's everything for my project which is about to be underway once I find a CRX in decent condition.
But nonetheless, I'm going to start prepping the Glassroof for install now, as I can't wait
SO here's the pics, if you have any ?'s about anything or want some more up close pics, let me know!

Damn, look at the MINT JDM Visor felt......LOVELY

So thats it, just puttin up the pics I was asked too.
I think my CRX when done will be one of a kind. With the JDM Options and the GSR on OBD1 to power it, I'm thinkin I'm in good shape.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (G0crxG0)

Good **** man. Still gonna do the *** conversion??
Old 04-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

I want the seats.

I do have a glass roof question though is that removable so its like a targa?
If not I think you should get crafty while doing so.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (***-assin)

i love that glass roof.. im not even going to ask how much you paid and how long it took to get..
Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want the seats.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is that glass roof pretty heavy?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (EL Vap133)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that glass roof pretty heavy? </TD></TR></TABLE>

????

also, WTF is hanging off your window?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (STREETWERKZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that glass roof pretty heavy? </TD></TR></TABLE>

iirc i read that it actually weighs less than a si roof
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM

gotta love jdm parts!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much did all that cost you? I'm quite jealous! Keep us posted
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I do have a glass roof question though is that removable so its like a targa?
If not I think you should get crafty while doing so.</TD></TR></TABLE>
To answer the ?: No.
BUT, I definitely was thinking about it.....but wouldn't I need a rollcage tpe deal to support it? BC I think it'd be pointless if just the roof skin came out, so the side parts would have to be cut too, and wouldnt the car just fold then?
I dont want a roll cage in there. But I think that'd be sick. Take some targa top locks off a 300z or mr2 or something, and have that drop top glassroof....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF8kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good **** man. Still gonna do the *** conversion?? </TD></TR></TABLE>
IDK....I think money may be too tight for that at the moment. I REALLY wanna do it. I think it's something I can do, but I need to get started now if it really takes as long as you say (I believe you). I can afford the front clip and get it now, theres one in NC. But then I won't be able to afford a decent CRX, there too hard to find here so I'd have to outsource one from CA or a dry state. If you know a donor, the RHD siR GSR build can go down

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not even going to ask how much you paid and how long it took to get..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Took EXACTLY 20 Hrs. start to finish from my driveway there and back and unloading (I had to carry ALL of that BY MYSELF up 3 stories.....damn the city)

I don't mind tellin the prices I paid -
-Glassroof, JDM Front end w/lip, EDM Door Cards, RHD PWR Windows = $1950 w/gas
-EE8 Seats in GREAT condition - $700 w/SH from Germany.
-JDM Armrest in good condition - FREE
-EE8 Rear Seat - $500 after SH from UK from S-and-G

I got GREAT deals on all my stuff. I just saw a set of the EE8 Seats go for $710 w/o SH on eBay in equal condition.
I'm sure your all familiar with the costs of a JDM Front End and SH
The Glassroof is har enough to find, let alone get someone to ship it.
Door Panels go for between $125-$250
PWR Windows and switches around $100-150
Rear seats around $200 w/o SH

I may have over paid on the rearseat, but I got that YEARS ago when they werent as common. Otherwise, I think I got good deals. I'm sure I could sell everything I have right now and make a decent profit (but that aint happenin unless I move to Japan to pursue a REAL siR)
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (jedubz)

u do know the seats are a ukdm or VT seat the jdm ones are half leather inc door cards !

very good condition all of it good luck keep us updated .

Coldy
Old 04-28-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (jcoldy1)

Dude I don't think anyone's gonna trip on this post. This is some nice ****. Man those glass roofs are so ******* sweet. $1950 though just for the roof daaaammnnnnn. You got some cash flow!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G0crxG0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
To answer the ?: No.
BUT, I definitely was thinking about it.....but wouldn't I need a rollcage tpe deal to support it? BC I think it'd be pointless if just the roof skin came out, so the side parts would have to be cut too, and wouldnt the car just fold then?
I dont want a roll cage in there. But I think that'd be sick. Take some targa top locks off a 300z or mr2 or something, and have that drop top glassroof....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah ok,
Now just my theory I by no means am a glass top expert but I think you could do that with out a Cage of sorts. I think it all being in the middle you would lose the strenght as is and if you could take her out it wouldnt really effect it anymore.

I just think not only you'd have the uber rare glass roof but to take it off and be like a targa would make it more kick *** and one of a kind. Short of the lock clips the 4th gen camaro Top locks are a nice piece.

Good luck and keep updated
Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (djphonics)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djphonics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude I don't think anyone's gonna trip on this post. This is some nice ****. Man those glass roofs are so ******* sweet. $1950 though just for the roof daaaammnnnnn. You got some cash flow! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think he was worried because he just flamed someone badly a couple of days ago for doing the same thing
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (EL Vap133)

No, it's UNBELIEVEABLY light. Like, you wouldn't believe my little 5'10 150lbs self would be carrying it up 3 flights of steps by myself. CyberCRXT, the only person I know to have done the glassroof install, said he weighted them and glassroof is 10lbs lighter than the sunroof. But dont get me wrong, I could give 2 ***** how much it weights!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djphonics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude I don't think anyone's gonna trip on this post. This is some nice ****. Man those glass roofs are so ******* sweet. $1950 though just for the roof daaaammnnnnn. You got some cash flow! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, I've had people trip about posts in the past that were relevant to this forum's community, but I'm glad this one's accepted. I dont make a thread unless I need help, or I'm posting something I think people will enjoy.

And you misunderstood. I didn't pay $1950 for JUST the Glassroof.
Believe me, I have LOW cashflow. I just only spend my personal money on my CRX. Screw new shoes, screw new clothes, screw alcohol, screw videogames, screw the movies, the bar, my girl, all that. I don't spend money, just save it.
I paid $1950 for:
-Gas from Columbus,OH to (basically) Atlanta, GA and back.
-Complete JDM Front end w/ extra fender
-Glassroof
-EE8 Door cards
-RHD PWR Windows and switches and wiring
-stock CRX shift linkage
-A $30 tip to my buddy who did ALL the drving for me
Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pee Wee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pee Wee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think he was worried because he just flamed someone badly a couple of days ago for doing the same thing </TD></TR></TABLE>
Who?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ah ok,
Now just my theory I by no means am a glass top expert but I think you could do that with out a Cage of sorts. I think it all being in the middle you would lose the strenght as is and if you could take her out it wouldnt really effect it anymore.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I suppose your right, the structural integrity takes a nose dive with a big piece of glass as the roof.
I don't think I could do that though, too much custom fab for me, I dont think it's in my league. The RHD I think I can do since it's a cut/paste kinda deal

If someone would like to help me to the targa top, I'm all for it. But from my experience, most Ohio Honda people are ******s (not talking about the Ohio HT guys) and I dont know anyone in the area too help, and no shop within the state of Ohio is allowed to work on my car.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some nice stuff....i cant justify paying as much money as u did, but nice stuff alltogether
Old 04-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (DUFFM4N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DUFFM4N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some nice stuff....i cant justify paying as much money as u did, but nice stuff alltogether</TD></TR></TABLE>
I can justify it in the sense that by the end I'll have spent around what I would to import a siR if it I didnt have deal with customs.
Plus, there's a ton of people out there who will pay more then what I did, so Im not worried. If I ever sell my CRX when I'm done, imagine what a CRX with JDM Front, VT interior mint, glassroof, other JDM stuff, and a GSR from HMO with aftermarket parts, and clean body would sell for on eBay. I'd bet somewhere close to 8 or 9K, maybe more, who knows.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn dude I thought we were gonna move to Canada and import some good **** haha

Stuff looks good man. Good luck finding a good CRX to put those parts in. I'll let you know if I see anything.
I &lt;3 those seats by the way.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (doitdub)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doitdub &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn dude I thought we were gonna move to Canada and import some good **** haha
</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL Hey man, I'm game if you are. But I say screw Canada, I'd go straight to the source.....I was seriously contemplating moving to Japan to get an siR. I could teach english, and maybe get into the JDM trade. I hate seafood, but I do like Rice. That'd be a hell of an adventure.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G0crxG0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And you misunderstood. I didn't pay $1950 for JUST the Glassroof.
Believe me, I have LOW cashflow. I just only spend my personal money on my CRX. Screw new shoes, screw new clothes, screw alcohol, screw videogames, screw the movies, the bar, my girl, all that. I don't spend money, just save it.
I paid $1950 for:
-Gas from Columbus,OH to (basically) Atlanta, GA and back.
-Complete JDM Front end w/ extra fender
-Glassroof
-EE8 Door cards
-RHD PWR Windows and switches and wiring
-stock CRX shift linkage
-A $30 tip to my buddy who did ALL the drving for me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah ok yeah I misread. I was going to say I've seen glassroofs go for more like $800-$1000 on egay.

Keep us updated when you find a clean rex. My advice is to check Cali or the NW. We have nice clean, no-rust CRXs.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like some good poo man. Can't wait to see the car when you get it done. Now quit posting and get to work on the car so we can see the finished product.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 PM

EFSS153

Default Re: Got my new JDM Parts (Pee Wee)

Nice parts. I'd love to get my hands on some stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Got my new JDM Parts