I have a 91 Honda CRX with a 1.5 litre. It starts and runs fine, but then after a few miles it starts to feel like it's running out of gas and wants to die. If I stop or let it idle it does die and won't start again if the engine is hot. If the engine is not fully warmed up, it will start but it takes a while of cranking. I initially found a heater hose leaking antifreeze onto the crank sensor, so I thought the antifreeze may be messing with the sensor. I fixed the broken hose but still have the same problem, but now I only drive for maybe 5 miles and it quits altogether. If I let it sit over night and go to start it again, it will start right up.
I already changed the fuel filter, and cranked it while it was disconnected so I know that I am getting fuel pressure.
There are several sensors that COULD cause this... just wanted to tap into the knowledge of people on here... Hopefully someone may have a suggestion other than replacing sensors one by one.
It sounds like is overheating.... First burp your coolant system you may have an air pocket in there heating it up. if you burp it and you still get air in the system check allyour hoses and it could posibbly be headgasket letting air in
possible air leak into your head but it also might be the chip in the distributor. that happened to mine and i replaced a few sensors and after trial and error it ended up being the chip in the distributor. have fun