B16A1 exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:08 PM
D5R
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16A1 exhaust setup

Hello guys!

I have a Honda CRX with the B16A1 engine. I want to get some headers and a stainless steel exhaust. I'm not sure what to do though. I'm thinking about getting the PLM headers (TODA replica) and a custom made stainless steel exhaust. What do you guys think of this?

Would it be better to get a SRS exhaust system, with those headers, or will a custom made one suffice? It won't do any track days, I just want the car to be a little faster, have a good sound and be more responsive!

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B16A1 exhaust setup

Originally Posted by D5R
Hello guys!

I have a Honda CRX with the B16A1 engine. I want to get some headers and a stainless steel exhaust. I'm not sure what to do though. I'm thinking about getting the PLM headers (TODA replica) and a custom made stainless steel exhaust. What do you guys think of this?

Would it be better to get a SRS exhaust system, with those headers, or will a custom made one suffice? It won't do any track days, I just want the car to be a little faster, have a good sound and be more responsive!

Thanks a lot!
You would probably be fine with a set of headers off of ebay. I personally run a straight exhaust down the middle with a muffler right after the cat. Not too loud, very lightweight and noticeable power increase even with the stock header

Sort of like this