Notices

d16a6 parts availability ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default d16a6 parts availability ??

Hi Honda Tech,

I am considering getting an older EF hatch or CRX (Si hopefully) and using it for track days. I am not interested in making high HP or doing any swaps as I feel the 100 HP or so it has is enough and the $$ will be spent on suspension/brakes/tires but I realize its important to have a reliable motor.

I have been reading it is hard to get parts for the CRX's and I am not sure I want to be stuck with a car where i cannot get parts for..but I am not sure what parts are hard to come by.

I used to have an AE86 GTS corolla and while I loved that car..it sucked not being able to get parts all the time.

I like the idea of a lightweight car but wold rather be able to purchase parts wherever instead of going on a scavenger hunt...

So..what parts are hard to get?

And is it easy to get motors and or parts?? Rockauto seems to have common rebuild kitds and whatnot but the car is getting close to 30 years..
Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: d16a6 parts availability ??

I feel like all parts for the 88-91 civic & CRX are easy to get. The parts that are hard to get are the rare jdm and optional parts which you won't be needing especially for a track car. All the mechanical part are inexpensive and there are tons out there. At least in my neck of the woods.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonGSR
I feel like all parts for the 88-91 civic & CRX are easy to get. The parts that are hard to get are the rare jdm and optional parts which you won't be needing especially for a track car. All the mechanical part are inexpensive and there are tons out there. At least in my neck of the woods.

so new oem parts arent easy to get?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of new OEM parts are discontinued. It's a shame. So it's not easy finding these parts as most EF owners will attest.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:39 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had zero problems with finding engine parts and under hood stuff for my engine. Body and interior parts are a different mess.