Notices

check engine light (infinite ecu blinks?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light (infinite ecu blinks?)

i had a check engine light come on while on the highway on the way to work in the morning, car ran fine,..........so when i got to work, i turned the key off, turned it back on and watched the ecu blink, and i was sitting there waiting for a gap in the blinks, but i ended up counting the blinks until it was already like at 86, and i quit, ............my question is, why was'nt there a gap, like say blink like 10 times, then have a space, then start over, instead it just blinked infinitely, so i don't know what the code is???

anybody know what i mean? btw they were equally spaced and just kept going, so i could'nt tell what code it was???

this engine light came on the other week just like this, and then was gone when i went to go home, and i am sure it will do the same, so whatever it is, its probably not major, but it just sucks how whenever i go to use the ecu code procedure, it never seems to work or give me any info?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I told you to wait in the truck in Texas, United States
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: check engine light (crxaddikt)

Probably what you are seeing is code 1 oxygen content.

It will reset when you restart the car but there is an issue
with your oxygen sensor or your air/fuel ratio..
manual> http://www.binghamtonlife.com/...t.htm
Old 12-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: check engine light (88DXCRX)

that or the ECU is fried..

if its blink blink blink.. you got a code one..

if its hyper blink style time for a new ECU..but since your still driving on the ECU its a code one..
O2 sensor..

How has your gasmileage been lately?
Old 12-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: check engine light (Outsane)

not sure how gas mileage has been, it seems like its eating the gas up like normal, and btw i have a zc engine, and since i had the zc i have noticed its about the same mpg as my old d16.

right now i have the crxsi 1990 ecu with but with the zc, i have an extra ecu in my storage box, just in case.

i got the ecu off ebay from a trusted guy, its basically a stock 90si ecu but with a locash racing chip that supposed to be a little better, but the only reason i got that one was cause i just needed a new ecu, and that was the only one on ebay, so i was'nt specifically trying to buy a chipped ecu, but since that one was the only one available, i got that one, and i have had it for over a year now with no problems

so, either my ecu is fried? or oxygen code?

what can i check? i also have a cold air intake, could it be some kind of air intake temperature sensor thing?

thanks for any input, and remember car runs fine, i just need to find out why the engine light and ecu is blinking, cause there has to be some kind of reason or purpose, and so i think i should know what it is, as to prevent something happening etc.... thanks