Notices

Brake light lights up, goes out when headlights on and pedal pressed

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake light lights up, goes out when headlights on and pedal pressed

As the title says:

My brake lights light up fine when driving without the headlights on.

When I turn the headlights on, they light up aswell.

But when the headlights are on, and I press the brake, the driverside light goes off while the pedal is down, and back on when I let off the pedal.

Any ideas anyone? Ive taken alot of time off from the game and Im a bit rusty at diagnosis these days....
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Brake light lights up, goes out when headlights on and pedal pressed

the answer is in the faq. sorry, im being lazy.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake light lights up, goes out when headlights on and pedal pressed

I'm having this exact same problem, yet when I click on the FAQ it's just a page with a form to "Search the FAQ" but no results when I search for *anything* (and below that is the Forum FAQ showing how to use the forum).

I'm stressing the fark out trying to figure out why my light is acting stupid. The sockets are good, the bulbs are good (tested with 12v) but my right brake light doesn't light at all. With the headlights out, the tail light lights when I press the brake, but when the headlights are on I get neither brake nor tail light. Signal lights work fine.

I had the brake light switch problem which had my brake lights on for many hours on end, I'm thinking the heat generated during this mucked something up. I guess I'll tear the lining out of the trunk and start tracing the wires to find the ground however I've never done this before.

Boy, that'd of been nice if Tyson had't of been lazy that day and copy/pasted relevant portion of the FAQ since it no longer appears to have any info in it.

EDIT: whoops. looks like I found it. But the only thing I see in the FAQ about "brake lights lights dont go off problem" which is a simple fix.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

oh please...
Old 07-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What?